Sweet 16 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sweet 16

Reaction Score
I'm assuming with the exception of the first 20 minutes? A 23-13 halftime score and "great game" really don't go together.
Well it was my view, so it was a great game.

Reaction Score
After the first 2 games, I thought SC might challenge for largest margin of victory. Anything possible, but getting to 200 would be a challenge now.

SC at 103 after 3 games
  1. 2016 UConn (+239)
  2. 2010 UConn (+214)
  3. 2013 UConn (+208)
  4. 2015 UConn (+197)
  5. 2000 UConn (+187)
  6. 2002 UConn (+161)
  7. 2019 Baylor (+159)
  8. 1982 Louisiana Tech (+158) **
  9. 2014 UConn (+156)
** Only 5 games. Average of 31.6 is 5th best. Given weakness of 1st round opponent, probably would've been 2nd or 3rd highest if a 64-team field.
Now 115 after 4 games.

Reaction Score
I really like Nikki Collen but she's been kinda on one on Twitter. Not too crazy but I was a bit surprised on some of the stuff she retweeted (no hate just saying).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sorry my friend. Duke played very hard though and came back from 20 to try and pull off the upset. And they did beat the #2 seed on their way to the S16. I think you’ll be much improved next season.

Disappointed on how the season ended, but proud of our young group for exceeding expectations. Now the long wait through the transfer portal season. Hopefully everyone returns... if that happens... I think we will be ranked at some point next season.

Reaction Score
Disappointed on how the season ended, but proud of our young group for exceeding expectations. Now the long wait through the transfer portal season. Hopefully everyone returns... if that happens... I think we will be ranked at some point next season.
Imagine if y'all get Sara Strong. :eek:

Reaction Score
Don’t they lose 2 key players (frontline?)?
Yes.

I haven’t studied everyone’s roster but the team wins because they have a great backcourt with Rivers, James, Zoe and Hayes. All of those girls are back and a top 10 recruit coming in at PG. no clue how those rotations will work, State may morph to small ball?

State may not be picked 2nd but they have to be in the convo assuming no unforeseen losses from the roster. 2 first team all conference players are returning and an all freshman. Plus Wes Moore has built a program that I think people need to give some credit to.

The ACC is stacked for sure. Duke will be a problem. Stanford I’m sure will be there - but they lose Brink. That’s a much bigger loss than anyone State loses. I’m sure Louisville will reload. VT loses Kitley and Amoore and their coach. FSU will be interesting again for sure. The aforementioned ND is the favorite with Miles back as well. UVa and GT are on the rise but I gotta think State has as much of an argument as anyone not named ND.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes.

I haven’t studied everyone’s roster but the team wins because they have a great backcourt with Rivers, James, Zoe and Hayes. All of those girls are back and a top 10 recruit coming in at PG. no clue how those rotations will work, State may morph to small ball?

State may not be picked 2nd but they have to be in the convo assuming no unforeseen losses from the roster. 2 first team all conference players are returning and an all freshman. Plus Wes Moore has built a program that I think people need to give some credit to.

The ACC is stacked for sure. Duke will be a problem. Stanford I’m sure will be there - but they lose Brink. That’s a much bigger loss than anyone State loses. I’m sure Louisville will reload. VT loses Kitley and Amoore and their coach. FSU will be interesting again for sure. The aforementioned ND is the favorite with Miles back as well. UVa and GT are on the rise but I gotta think State has as much of an argument as anyone not named ND.

Next year Get in line behind the Big Dogs of the Triangle

download (3).jpeg

Maybe I should delete this post after what transpired this weekend :oops:

Reaction Score
Next year Get in line behind the Big Dogs of the Triangle

View attachment 98681
Maybe I should delete this post after what transpired this weekend :oops:
I’ll let you consider next year. I’m gonna go back to watching DJ Burns highlights and consuming all the post game celebrations in Portland and Dallas … ;)

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
I noticed Tac standing next to Cardosa after the game and she looked just as tall. Did that girl grow since she got to the South Carolina campus? Geez....

Reaction Score
I noticed Tac standing next to Cardosa after the game and she looked just as tall. Did that girl grow since she got to the South Carolina campus? Geez....
Maybe. She also has some thick hair, so maybe that gives her a boost. :) I believe she is listed as 6'5", so a 2" difference can be really deceiving at different camera angles. I'm really excited for her! Staley has commented that she has the defensive smarts like Boston. From all accounts it seems like she's next in line behind Watkins to become the next defensive nightmare under the basket.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I’ll let you consider next year. I’m gonna go back to watching DJ Burns highlights and consuming all the post game celebrations in Portland and Dallas … ;)

I've been watching Duke MBB since I was 7. All end of season losses are painful, some more than others. Today was weird. I both crestfallen that we fell one game short of the Final 4, but felt joy that State had finally made it back to a Final 4 after 41 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom