Sweet 16 | The Boneyard

Sweet 16

Reaction Score
Been bummed all week that the games start so early today as I'm at work. First game may be my favorite of the whole weekend. I think I'm actually leaning towards Oregon State but it's a pick em. I just really like their matchups defensively, Hunter on Hidalgo, TVO on Citron, Gardener on Westbeld. And on the flip side I like their depth and their ability to play inside.

I think South Carolina destroys Indiana. Not going out on a limb. The only other thing I was thinking about this week is I wonder what the splits are for SCs shooting home and away. Specifically for Paopao and Fulwiley. Obviously they are undefeated everywhere and great overall but i do think playing so far away provides a different challenge. Don't think it will matter this game tho.

Nc State v Stanford. I just like Stanford cuz they've been there and done that. Don't have too much to add. I do think it will be a good game.

Texas V Gonzaga - my second favorite matchup of the day. I really think Gonzaga has a shot. I wouldn't overreact and try to put someone big on Booker. I feel like she's gonna do what she's gonna do. I think putting t jones in ball screens or having ejm have some opportunities to use her quickness against her will be key. On the flip side also matching up with Aaliyah Moore with size I think is key for Gonzaga. I'll pick Texas just because but Gonzagas ability to hit 3s and guard play is eye opening.

Reaction Score
Nice first half graph with Oregon State and ND. Can't tell how many lead changes in this back and forth 1-pt game.

Good low scoring game!

Reaction Score
Wow Hidalgo 2-11 so far. Is that just shots not falling or is OSU making things difficult for her? If so How?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Oregon St. killing themselves with tournoevers. They could be so far ahead in this game.

Reaction Score
Ready to watch the 4th. Just want to say it's great to watch so many of the players on both sides. They just play. Westbeld and Citron are just pure basketball players. No flopping, weird free throw baiting stuff. Just skill. Same thing with Gardener and Baers.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
21 pts/11 reb for Gardiner, 18/13 for Beers.

22 for Citron and 19 for Westbeld. Hidalgo never did get on track. She was a pest on defense though. OSU had 2 10 second calls trying to get the ball across half court. Have you ever seen that?

Hunter really struggled for OSU today, but she had some huge plays.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
43-24 rebounding advantage for OSU. I guess that's how you mitigate the huge TO differential. But ND had more O boards.

Reaction Score
Been bummed all week that the games start so early today as I'm at work. First game may be my favorite of the whole weekend. I think I'm actually leaning towards Oregon State but it's a pick em. I just really like their matchups defensively, Hunter on Hidalgo, TVO on Citron, Gardener on Westbeld. And on the flip side I like their depth and their ability to play inside.

I think South Carolina destroys Indiana. Not going out on a limb. The only other thing I was thinking about this week is I wonder what the splits are for SCs shooting home and away. Specifically for Paopao and Fulwiley. Obviously they are undefeated everywhere and great overall but i do think playing so far away provides a different challenge. Don't think it will matter this game tho.

Nc State v Stanford. I just like Stanford cuz they've been there and done that. Don't have too much to add. I do think it will be a good game.

Texas V Gonzaga - my second favorite matchup of the day. I really think Gonzaga has a shot. I wouldn't overreact and try to put someone big on Booker. I feel like she's gonna do what she's gonna do. I think putting t jones in ball screens or having ejm have some opportunities to use her quickness against her will be key. On the flip side also matching up with Aaliyah Moore with size I think is key for Gonzaga. I'll pick Texas just because but Gonzagas ability to hit 3s and guard play is eye opening.
Just gonna give myself a bit of a pat on the back after game 1. Bench points 14-0 Beavers. Hunter and TVO did about as well as u can do on Hidalgo and Citron (at least from the box score). And Baers inside 18 and 13 on 9/12 shooting. Gardener did great as well. Got to be somewhat disappointing for Notre Dame. But as others have said they basically return everyone and I don't think ppl talk enough about how resilient they've been with all their injuries.

Reaction Score
After seeing a game like that, what can we expect for the rest of today?? Woohoo!

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Only watched bits of the game here and there, but the stats make it seem like Hidalgo played like a freshman today; that happens sometimes come the post-season. But, when you're one of the (scoring) leaders for your team, you can't play like a freshman and expect to win.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm surprised Citron only shot 9-25. She must've really gone cold at the end. It seemed like she was money most of the game.

Hidalgo was 4-17.

DeWolfe was solid, 12 on 5-9 shooting.

Reaction Score
I wonder how many teams with 26 TOs actually ever win, when their opponent is so careful with the ball. Shooting over 60% and rebounding the heck out of the ball will cover up those sins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom