Swarbrick: Two Associations | The Boneyard

Swarbrick: Two Associations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What a moronic column.

About the only person that has ever said a school could leave a P5 league was Nelson.

I'll leave it at that.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What a moronic column.

About the only person that has ever said a school could leave a P5 league was Nelson.

I'll leave it at that.

What are you referring to? The only time I said that was when I said that the top tier colleges have a problem with paying athletes. Stanford is not Arizona State, and doesn't want to be. I do believe that this is a tough decision for those schools, and would not be surprised to see one or more bail out on big time college athletics at some point.

I am not the one arguing that schools are going to be jumping out of GOR's. That is pretty much everyone else on this board.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
What are you referring to? The only time I said that was when I said that the top tier colleges have a problem with paying athletes. Stanford is not Arizona State, and doesn't want to be. I do believe that this is a tough decision for those schools, and would not be surprised to see one or more bail out on big time college athletics at some point.

I am not the one arguing that schools are going to be jumping out of GOR's. That is pretty much everyone else on this board.

You made the argument that you could envision Duke, Wake, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, etc. forming their own league.

Which is exactly what this article is implying based on paying players.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You made the argument that you could envision Duke, Wake, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, etc. forming their own league.

Which is exactly what this article is implying based on paying players.

I think that is a possibility. Duke has a different academic mission than Clemson, in case you didn't know.

Reaction Score
I couldn't find Duke or Notre Dame on either list.

Edited to add that I found Notre Dame on the "G5" list.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I think that is a possibility. Duke has a different academic mission than Clemson, in case you didn't know.

Yeah and my point is that will never happen. Nobody is voluntarily leaving these leagues.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yeah and my point is that will never happen. Nobody is voluntarily leaving these leagues.
Exactly. That was a pr message implying the athletic academic standards at Notre Dame are superior to most of the land grant universities. I'm sure a lot of B!G universities enjoyed reading that article.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for Iowa. They didn't make the list of FCAA or CSU schools. . .I bet even the dude didn't see that one coming.

Reaction Score
If that were to happen it would impact long time conferences like the big ten and sec. I'm with CBH, I think Swarbrick has been talking to Manti Teo ' s girlfriend again. Swarbrick is in favor of any proposal that doesn't involve Notre Dame having to play FB in a conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom