Summer Recruiting Bible: Ollie building huge class for 2016-17 | The Boneyard

Summer Recruiting Bible: Ollie building huge class for 2016-17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
ESPN is doing this for all of the top 50 programs. It's an Insider's article. There's not much here that the average Boneyarder who follows recruiting wouldn't know.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...argets-needs-uconn-huskies-college-basketball

UConn needs a skilled 4-man, a guard who can play with Jalen Adams (Alterique Gilbert is the priority) and a legitimate big man in case Brimah leaves early.
Why do we need a skilled 4-man as we already have KF, SE, MD and maybe TL that can play that position in 2016-17? I definitely don't think we are more concerned with 2 guard or swing forward(2g or sf) and from all the recruits we have been heavily recruiting that seems to be the bigger concern.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
With regards to ESPN and UConn, there never really is.
Ever since they've gotten to the size they are, you think they've gone down hill in quality? That they've turned to sensationalism for clicks. Not talking about this or cbb, but in general

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
"In case Brimah leaves early"?

Unless he's poised for a huge breakout year, why would he (leave early)? I'm not saying he wouldn't, per se, but what am I missing here?

Reaction Score
If there's one position we have covered for the next few years, it's power forward. We have four guys that can play that position in 2016-2017. One will be a freshman that year and two others will effectively be sophomores. I have no idea why ESPN thinks we need another one in this class.

Reaction Score
I think this is his last year with us, even if he is still inconsistent AB will still be able to put together many big enough games to get himself drafted. Just an opinion, but I look for improvement to make that happen and he didn't have that far to go.

Reaction Score
I think this is his last year with us, even if he is still inconsistent AB will still be able to put together many big enough games to get himself drafted. Just an opinion, but I look for improvement to make that happen and he didn't have that far to go.

If his overall improvement in this offseason is anywhere near what it was last season, he'll probably be legitimately good enough to go.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I think with a big year Purvis could leave early too. If he plays like he played in the AAC Tournament...he'll be drafted for sure.

It's also a bit misleading to list Larrier as a soph. I know he is technically, but i'd at least list he's sitting due to transfer.

Also - didn't see Diallo in the targets section...

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
I think with a big year Purvis could leave early too. If he plays like he played in the AAC Tournament...he'll be drafted for sure.

It's also a bit misleading to list Larrier as a soph. I know he is technically, but i'd at least list he's sitting due to transfer.

Also - didn't see Diallo in the targets section...
Diallo is technically a 2017 prospect at the moment. This article was just about targets in 2016.

Reaction Score

Unless he's poised for a huge breakout year, why would he (leave early)? I'm not saying he wouldn't, per se, but what am I missing here?

Were you unaware that Brimah has been considered a draft prospect?

The article isn't like... suggesting he's going to transfer or something. It's less complicated than you are imagining it, I think.

Reaction Score
Why won't people STFU about Brimah leaving. He said at the very beginning he wants his degree; that he comes from too educated/successful a family to not.

Reaction Score
Why won't people STFU about Brimah leaving. He said at the very beginning he wants his degree; that he comes from too educated/successful a family to not.

Probably because we've been following this sport long enough to know that "I want to get my degree" doesn't mean "I'm going to play four years of college basketball." If he's NBA-ready after this season, and feels confident that he'll go in the first round, he's gone. I don't care what he's said or how educated his folks are. He can get a degree later.

Reaction Score
Probably because we've been following this sport long enough to know that "I want to get my degree" doesn't mean "I'm going to play four years of college basketball." If he's NBA-ready after this season, and feels confident that he'll go in the first round, he's gone. I don't care what he's said or how educated his folks are. He can get a degree later.
You watch. Even of he averages a double double this season, he'll be back.

Reaction Score
You watch. Even of he averages a double double this season, he'll be back.
Come on man. If Kevin Ollie is anything like Jim Calhoun, he'll do everything he can to convince/force Brimah to go to the NBA after averaging a double-double on the season.

Reaction Score

I would love to see him leave early. A breakout year and a final 4 and its have a great NBA career Amida.

Reaction Score
Come on man. If Kevin Ollie is anything like Jim Calhoun, he'll do everything he can to convince/force Brimah to go to the NBA after averaging a double-double on the season.
How much like JC would you say KO has acted/operated thus far? Genuinely just want your opinion because this is interesting now. I don't think any of us were necessarily expecting JC 2.0 just because JC hand-picked KO

Reaction Score
Average a double double ???? Better be points and blocks because it sure as heck isn't going to be rebounds.
I think Brimah takes himself out of rebounding position because hes always looking for the blocked shot. Add to that his lack of strength and skill and boxing out and you end up with poor rebounding numbers. I really cant wait to see how improves with a summer of being healthy and working out.

Reaction Score
If there's one position we have covered for the next few years, it's power forward. We have four guys that can play that position in 2016-2017. One will be a freshman that year and two others will effectively be sophomores. I have no idea why ESPN thinks we need another one in this class.

Exactly. I think we're more than covered at the 4 spot even if we strike out on Gabriel.

C

Chief00

How would he average a double/double? I just can't see it the way he rebounds. As for going pro - if he slots first round - like almost everyone else he's gone.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Can someone with insider post some of the article text?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom