Summer Practice/Workouts 2015 | The Boneyard

Summer Practice/Workouts 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Anyone know when summer workouts begin? Also when do new recruits report to camp? Officially less than 100 days out, go Huskies!

Reaction Score
August 7th (assuming you mean the actual summer practices)

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the kids that are currently in college (current UCONN players, transfers from another school/juco) should be working out (involuntarily) on campus in the coming weeks... the HS kids come up after graduation (late June normally) or stay home and work out til Fall camp starts the first week of August.... Correct me if I'm wrong guys....

Reaction Score
I believe you are correct ktuck. The coaches host coaching clinics and camps throughout June for high schoolers. Usually, the week after that, you will see some of the players return to work on strength and conditioning. This is what I remember from the FHCRE and FHCPP days, unless Diaco does things differently.

Reaction Score
Summer classes begin on June 22. A number of the new 2015 kids will be on campus then.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Per recent tweets, our new JUCO QB transfer has been traveling cross country and is scheduled to arrive in the Storrs area today to move into his (their) new home. Guessing he'll be working out at Shenkman until summer practice officially starts.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
When would we start officially game planning for Nova and did Diaco say when he plans on naming a QB? Would assume they would spend a week and a half or so game planning for the first game, thats what we always did in school. Use the extra time to your advantage. Feel like it'll probably be Bryant but just want it to be official

Reaction Score
Drew said:
When would we start officially game planning for Nova and did Diaco say when he plans on naming a QB? Would assume they would spend a week and a half or so game planning for the first game, thats what we always did in school. Use the extra time to your advantage. Feel like it'll probably be Bryant but just want it to be official

I don't think he is naming qb until about 10 minutes before Nova game.

Reaction Score
We will know a lot more about Nova than they will know about us. I would bet our defense will be similar to last year, but hopefully they can expand on what they did last year and have better edge pursuit.

On O only our coaches will know what we are capable of and if we can execute the game plan (see 2014 - o plan didn't matter much) and exploit any Novs weaknesses or mismatches.

Hopefully there is nothing from our O film from last year that nova can use. If our O performs like last year, again, game plans won't matter. I expect, hope, pray, we are much, Much, MUCH better than last year and can execute plays and win every matchup battle on the field.

Reaction Score
I hope all of our QBs (along with the WRs) are up there now and working to get things going in the right direction for our offense...

Reaction Score
Just saw on Twitter that yes, he as indeed ineligible for 2015.
link? IIRMC we wouldn't have found out whether he'd be eligible for this season until around the time Fall camp opened up or even closer to the start of the school year....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Gawd. Dammit.
It was a long shot in the first place. The NCAA would have opened up Pandora's Box for every transfer that would come down the pike after him.

Still it's an odd ruling. We all know the NCAA is nothing if not supportive of their student-athletes. Wait...What?!?!?

Reaction Score
UConnFootball 9:31am via Twitter Web Client
Great to be out on the field!#SummerInStorrs #UConnFootball
CGqN5_RUAAAnh1n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads