Stokes | The Boneyard

Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she mis-timed a block and gets benched... now Cincy is tearing up the interior, come on Geno

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
he hates her.
images

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
she mis-timed a block and gets benched... now Cincy is tearing up the interior, come on Geno
And then see how much better she did later in the game? He knows what he's doing. Motivation.

Reaction Score
she missed a layup also
She was to far under the basket and didn't have the backboard to work with.
We are going to need her next year, especially if we don't get A. Wilson. I wonder
how many rebounds and blocks she would have if she played 30 mins a game.
She has to be a pretty determined kid to stick it out. Go Kiah!!!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
After KML sat, and Geno pulled a bunch of the starters we looked lost. We seemed to start off good, KML sat, and Geno pulled a bunch of starters and our chemistry and timing were off and we never got it back. Blame it on the long layoff as LVille and ND struggled too. Practice wont be easy this week.

Reaction Score
And then see how much better she did later in the game? He knows what he's doing. Motivation.
I think Geno is ruining her confidence. Every girl does not respond the same way.. Yes, I think Geno is a great coach, but, I think he is not handling her right. He is trying to break her, like a wild stallion.. Just my opinion

Reaction Score
She was playing with a lot more confidence and having fun when
KLM and Tuck were injured. Since they returned to action she looks
like she is pressing out there.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I think Geno is ruining her confidence. Every girl does not respond the same way.. Yes, I think Geno is a great coach, but, I think he is not handling her right. He is trying to break her, like a wild stallion.. Just my opinion

Would love some evidence to that and would respectfully request you identify what Geno is doing (wrong) and what he should do (differently). I warn you -- it's difficult being an arm chair coach, what with not being in practice and hearing what is actually being said... but go right ahead.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

Clearly KML and Tuck are ruining her confidence.... :)

Reaction Score
Would love some evidence to that and would respectfully request you identify what Geno is doing (wrong) and what he should do (differently). I warn you -- it's difficult being an arm chair coach, what with not being in practice and hearing what is actually being said... but go right ahead.
To repeat, I said, "in my opinion", I don't think we need proof positive of an opinion, we are not going to court. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. And yes, I have coached high school kids, and they are all different, and some must be handled differently.

Reaction Score
There's no way to know for sure what Geno really thinks of Kiah, except that she frustrates him with inconsistency, especially in practice. But she would not be the first player who does not live up to her potential at UConn, and probably won't be the last. I'm not sure Geno is ruining her confidence, because I'n not sure she had much confidence to begin with. What the coaching staff has not been able to do is instill in her the feeling that she can go out there, in each and every game, and be the difference-maker.

This is somewhat academic this year, but becomes really important next year. I would love for UConn to get Wilson, but I have a gut feeling -- based on nothing beyond an intimate acquaintance with Murphy (you know, the guy who discovered Murphy's Law) -- that Wilson will go elsewhere. And that, folks, sets the stage for Geno's Greatest Coaching Challenge. Flooded with wonderful guards, he must fill the front lines with Stewie, who is All-World, a talented forward who may be undersized at center, and Kiah, who is an uncertainty every time she sets foot on the court. How Geno juggles his lineups next year will be a lot of fun to watch.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
To repeat, I said, "in my opinion", I don't think we need proof positive of an opinion, we are not going to court. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. And yes, I have coached high school kids, and they are all different, and some must be handled differently.

You really need to watch the most recent Geno Show on SNY - he discusses this kind of thing and you might find it interesting.

Reaction Score
There's no way to know for sure what Geno really thinks of Kiah, except that she frustrates him with inconsistency, especially in practice. But she would not be the first player who does not live up to her potential at UConn, and probably won't be the last. I'm not sure Geno is ruining her confidence, because I'n not sure she had much confidence to begin with. What the coaching staff has not been able to do is instill in her the feeling that she can go out there, in each and every game, and be the difference-maker.

This is somewhat academic this year, but becomes really important next year. I would love for UConn to get Wilson, but I have a gut feeling -- based on nothing beyond an intimate acquaintance with Murphy (you know, the guy who discovered Murphy's Law) -- that Wilson will go elsewhere. And that, folks, sets the stage for Geno's Greatest Coaching Challenge. Flooded with wonderful guards, he must fill the front lines with Stewie, who is All-World, a talented forward who may be undersized at center, and Kiah, who is an uncertainty every time she sets foot on the court. How Geno juggles his lineups next year will be a lot of fun to watch.
You are right, we don't know if she had a lot of confidence when she came to Uconn, and we also don't know if Geno is not helping her gain confidence. And no, I do not think he hates her and is intentionally trying to ruin her confidence. He will need her next year. All I am saying is, a different approach may be needed. Just, my uneducated, humble, know nothing opinion.

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You are right, we don't know if she had a lot of confidence when she came to Uconn, and we also don't know if Geno is not helping her gain confidence. And no, I do not think he hates her and is intentionally trying to ruin her confidence. He will need her next year. All I am saying is, a different approach may be needed. Just, my uneducated, humble, no nothing opinion.
Thanks for sharing.

Sometimes it's fun when posters explain why that is their opinion.

Not ganging up on you. Please don't dial 1-800-moderator.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

But you can say that about other players as well: Banks for example. Did she even try a 3-pointer this afternoon? Looks a little lost.
And Chong hasn't looked quite the same either.

First time KML back in the starting lineup. Adjusting to (their) perceived new roles is a possible issue.
And i wonder how many are looking over their shoulders to the wonder-class upcoming?

Positives from today: When Jefferson realized that her penetration was vital she made some slick moves inside
Defense in the second half was much better.
Can't think of anything else that stands out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom