STEWIE!!! 38 points in a big win | Page 3 | The Boneyard

STEWIE!!! 38 points in a big win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
And I'm not sure why any UCONN fan are upset. Pretty much everything is going your way and for TN fans when you think things can't get worse somehow they do. I predict that Maya or Charles will win MVP. DT if they start winning. Stewart of course will get rookie of the year. Minn, New York, or Phoenix will win the championship. Uconn will make it to the final 4 and then be the favorite again after next year. We will win the gold and Catch will retire and Candace will probably be too old next Olympics since she got cut this year. Uconn fans should be on top of the world. I'm an emotional mess just trying to defend one of my favorite players.

Reaction Score
in the game where she scored 40 during her rookie year she was 15-23. She had 16 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 5 blocks, 4 fouls, and 4 turnovers. I did not say one negative word against Stewart. Someone asked a question and I had just seen a list of all of the rookies that had scored over 30 points so I answered it. Stewart had a wonderful game.

Nor do I remember saying anything negative about Parker.

Sometimes I get the impression that among Parker fans it's considered an insult to not praise her. :rolleyes:

Stewart's pts/attempt last night was 2.376. That, IMO was more notable than the total of her pts.

Reaction Score
Truth is next year is going to be very competitive for all the teams including UConn. Nothing is written and nothing is given. UConn may or may not make the FF, there are lots of unknowns. BS proved that she deserved all the accolades even without the UConn system. CP is one of the top players no doubt about that either..

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Nor do I remember saying anything negative about Parker.

Sometimes I get the impression that among Parker fans it's considered an insult to not praise her. :rolleyes:

Stewart's pts/attempt last night was 2.376. That, IMO was more notable than the total of her pts.
It was more the posts in the thread saying that she has a huge ego and isn't a team player that I felt I needed to defend. This season she hasn't been taking as many shots. Last night she took more because Nneka and Beard were in foul trouble and LA was behind.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

The same could be said for fans of other players/schools/teams/coaches as well :rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She looks as if she has improved in the past 2-3 months. :D

I believe she will be an impact player in Rio. She'll know how to deal with the stronger and more experienced players.

A few more games like this, and head coach Jenny Boucek will hand her the keys to the Ferrari. It didn't take long for Stewie to earn having a "star" put on her dressing room door. ;)

Stewart in 15 games, is the team leader in
: total points scored (284) 18.9 ppg, Rebounds (141), the next closest (Langhorne) has 68, steals (20), and blocks (28). The next closest in blocks is Langhorne with 8.

I'm going out a limb and suggest that Boucek and staff are extremely happy with the efforts and production of their first round draft pick so far this year. Carnac predicts: In 3-4 years, this will be Stewie's team (Bird will be long gone by then). :cool:

Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And I'm not sure why any UCONN fan are upset. Pretty much everything is going your way and for TN fans when you think things can't get worse somehow they do. I predict that Maya or Charles will win MVP. DT if they start winning. Stewart of course will get rookie of the year. Minn, New York, or Phoenix will win the championship. Uconn will make it to the final 4 and then be the favorite again after next year. We will win the gold and Catch will retire and Candace will probably be too old next Olympics since she got cut this year. Uconn fans should be on top of the world. I'm an emotional mess just trying to defend one of my favorite players.
I can't imagine how you must feel. WCBB fans all over the world were shocked and devastated by Pat's death. I"m sure all LV fans are in shock and raw with grief.

My only advice, if you don't mind, is to remember that this is a UCONN board. While most here will agree Parker has a lot of individual talent, many (or most - not sure which) don't like her. We all saw her tweet almost immediately after being left off the team of the video of her dunking on UCONN in their win over us years ago. Many UCONN fans are sensitive to the topic because many LV fans (on other boards) said her exclusion was at least in part due to a personal decision by Geno. Any debate that even remotely circles back to blaming Geno is wrong, unacceptable, and flat out untrue. But you know, fans are passionate, and we all say things especially about coaches or teams we dislike.

I'm not trying to stir up anything, but debating why she isn't on the team leaves all questions and no answers. At least not any that can be publicly discussed on the board.

Lastly, UCONN fans do want to talk about "our girls" as being the greatest, or having the best week, or month, or being the best at their position, or whatever. I do think 99% of us love Catch and if you were having the same discussion but with it about her, we'd all be on board with how great she is, how classy she is, what a great ambassador for the game she's been, how hard she pays 100% of every second she's on the court, and the fact that she epitomizes what WBB should be all about.

Other side note - about 99% of us also love Lawson. Of course not when she played for Tenn, but as an announcer, commentator, analyst - she's the best of the best. So it's not like we can't see beyond blue colored glasses to appreciate some Tenn things... Parker is just a hot button topic, so to speak...

Reaction Score
The same could be said for fans of other players/schools/teams/coaches as well :rolleyes:

Not nearly as much as I've heard that from Parker fans lately. And notice I said "Parker" fans. First it was an insult that she wasn't picked. I don't ever remember anyone claiming they were insulted for not being picked as an Olympian. It's an honor to be chosen, and a disappointment not to be chosen but far from insulting to be left out. I remember back in 2012 many of her fans said it was an insult that she wasn't starting.

Now these same Parker fans claim it's an insult when anyone suggests that she isn't one of the top 5 in the league.

Bring out the Kool Aid and and get in line folks.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
A fine analysis and catalogue of Stewie's varied skills.
I remember the killer drive and curl to put the final dagger into Notre Dame, in her first championship.
She can do that too, I thought ?
Well now, when all cylinders are firing, its an utterly, complete game.

Reaction Score
I think Angel is glad Stewie is going to be a teammate in Rio. Just my opinion, but Stewie is proving daily she is one of the top 5, or 6 players in the world. She can play 3 positions, and she can be a terror on both ends of the floor. She is also starting to learn what Geno stated, she needs to make a "Wow", play every game

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Angel is glad Stewie is going to be a teammate in Rio. Just my opinion, but Stewie is proving daily she is one of the top 5, or 6 players in the world. She can play 3 positions, and she can be a terror on both ends of the floor. She is also starting to learn what Geno stated, she needs to make a "Wow", play every game
I think Stewie doesn't quite have the experience or consistency to be top 5, but she may soon. A couple of year? A couple of months? Later tonight? ;)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
So ... my big question is who decided Gatling was a better player than Thomas coming out of training camp? She did not play that many minutes last night and no one will mistake her for Tina or Sylvia, but she showed some attitude and some nice team skills that I did not see from Gatling who just seemed to provide fouls. If she can improve just a little on what she provided last night Seattle will be a much better team.
Yes, and I hope Quinn can provide some reliable ball-handling. Don't know if that's her strength but Seattle could use some.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'm not trying to stir up anything, but debating why she isn't on the team leaves all questions and no answers. At least not any that can be publicly discussed on the board.
Not everyone has said that. Many UCONN fans have acknowledged her talent, but that the committee chose the team not based on who the best individual players were. I agree she has great basketball skills. I also agree with the committee to leave her off the team. And knowing what I know, that's all I can say about that...!

But you are correct - there's a forum for that particular Olympic discussion.

Parker is just a hot button topic, so to speak...

PM me this inside info... thanks kindly :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Enough already we have all said we thought she should be on the team, we have a different board for this discussion leave it there, this board is for current issues.

No, we don't all think Candace should be on the team and we certainly haven't said that. There was strong argument to make as to why she wasn't selected and her play this season outside a couple of games has done nothing to reverse those arguments.

Stewie is becoming a beast game by game. Her skills are broad and deep and SHE plays both ends of the court and doesn't take plays off. I've actually watched a few WNBA games just to watch her transformation. She played up an age group for years for USA Basketball and didn't arrive in awe. She came to play and to dominate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak