STEWIE!!! 38 points in a big win | Page 2 | The Boneyard

STEWIE!!! 38 points in a big win

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW, I have no problem with CP's not making the final cut. The selection committee had to make a choice about which players would constitute the best team. They did so with more/better information than is available to us.

That said, I like the fact that CP seems to be on a mission to let her play do the talking for her. Good on her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So ... my big question is who decided Gatling was a better player than Thomas coming out of training camp? She did not play that many minutes last night and no one will mistake her for Tina or Sylvia, but she showed some attitude and some nice team skills that I did not see from Gatling who just seemed to provide fouls. If she can improve just a little on what she provided last night Seattle will be a much better team.

Reaction Score
Candace has always had a team first attitude. She also does not have a huge ego. She is a big reason why her team is the best in the WNBA at the moment. I listened to an interview last week and she was talking about how amazing Nneka is and that she is playing like the WNBA MVP. That doesn't sound like someone with a huge ego to me. Candace is completely fine to take a backseat if the team is winning and then step up when needed. Instead of scoring she will make a great pass to Nneka for an assist. It is just funny that you say Candace doesn't have a team first attitude when her team is number one because of her team first attitude.
Enough already we have all said we thought she should be on the team, we have a different board for this discussion leave it there, this board is for current issues.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Enough already we have all said we thought she should be on the team, we have a different board for this discussion leave it there, this board is for current issues.
I was not the one that brought up Candace but I am allowed to respond when someone insults her. Why aren't you responding to the person that brought her up of the one that insulted her?

Reaction Score
Sue with the pull-up jumper with 7 seconds to go to seal it.

Stewie shot 12-16 overall, 3-4 from the arc, and 11-13 from the FT line. Making an MVP statement!

Holy moly--what is the record for a newbie? The kid is showing the world she wasn't just the best of UConn she's the best of the rest.

Reaction Score
Kaleena played only 2 minutes, but was +6. Note the perfect feed to Stewie between 2 defenders.

KML was a great passer at UConn most only remember her 3 shooting, but she was much more. I only wish, whatever is holding her from breaking out, she would find the range and drain a dozen or two in a game (ala Stewie). The kid has the eye for nearly any kind of shot!!

Reaction Score
This is a thread about Breanna Stewart. Any arguing over Candace/Olympic team selection should go on the Olympic board.
Count this as a bit of sucking up---but I like a threads about specific player remain that way--albeit I just posted about KML (stewie was mentioned).

Reaction Score
Stewie, is learning, is compelled to carry the team
Quite different from her role at UConn this season.
Tonight she exalted in that responsibility.
She is going to be quite something in the W.

In the televised game, Candace played like a maniac in the 2nd half, put LA on her shoulders and carried them to a monster win.
Sky is coming along as well, had a great 1st half

Parker continues to make the selection committee look like a bunch of idiots.

Good on her.
The GM of the Sun is on that committee. Enough said?

Reaction Score
KML was a great passer at UConn most only remember her 3 shooting, but she was much more. I only wish, whatever is holding her from breaking out, she would find the range and drain a dozen or two in a game (ala Stewie). The kid has the eye for nearly any kind of shot!!
She also knows how to get Stewie the ball where she can do damage, as the pass at the end of the half showed. It should have been an and 1, the refs just missed the call.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She also knows how to get Stewie the ball where she can do damage, as the pass at the end of the half showed. It should have been an and 1, the refs just missed the call.
Yep, the refs missed many calls.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So ... my big question is who decided Gatling was a better player than Thomas coming out of training camp? She did not play that many minutes last night and no one will mistake her for Tina or Sylvia, but she showed some attitude and some nice team skills that I did not see from Gatling who just seemed to provide fouls. If she can improve just a little on what she provided last night Seattle will be a much better team.
I watched the game and saw Krystal Thomas and Noelle Quinn on the floor. I think both are upgrades. Gatling took up space, but fouled too much and couldn't score.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Holy moly--what is the record for a newbie? The kid is showing the world she wasn't just the best of UConn she's the best of the rest.
Well people probably won't want to hear the answer but I think the record was 40 points by Parker.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not everyone has said that. Many UCONN fans have acknowledged her talent, but that the committee chose the team not based on who the best individual players were. I agree she has great basketball skills. I also agree with the committee to leave her off the team. And knowing what I know, that's all I can say about that...!

But you are correct - there's a forum for that particular Olympic discussion.
f26.jpg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

dap.gif

Of course Im biased..... but I think Thomas was a good addition..... hope they keep her for the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Well people probably won't want to hear the answer but I think the record was 40 points by Parker.

Stewart had 16 fg attempts in scoring 38

Parker had 25 fg attempts in scoring 31

Since you brought it up how many attempts did Parker have in scoring that 40 in her rookie year?

IMO Parker scores a lot because she shoots a lot. Stewart gets her shots in the flow of the offense.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Since you brought it up how many attempts did Parker have in scoring that 40 in her rookie year?

IMO Parker scores a lot because she shoots a lot. Stewart gets her shots in the flow of the offense.

So I was curious...Parker shot 15-23 from the field and 9-12 from the line in scoring 40 (in OT) as a rookie.

Stewart is averaging 14.4 FGA per 36 minutes. Parker averaged 14.3 as a rookie when she was named MVP.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

15-23 FG ( pretty good percentage) 9-12 FT's

16 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 blocks 2 steals vs the Houston Comets..

Reaction Score
Not everyone has said that. Many UCONN fans have acknowledged her talent, but that the committee chose the team not based on who the best individual players were. I agree she has great basketball skills. I also agree with the committee to leave her off the team. And knowing what I know, that's all I can say about that...!

But you are correct - there's a forum for that particular Olympic discussion.
f26.jpg
Ming a Ding a ming--you say volumes in what you don't say!!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As soon as anyone starts to type Par ... or Cand ... or just the initials and number, PLEASE JUST STOP!!! Count to 2043, and if you still want to continue typing, turn your computer off and go to bed.

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score

in the game where she scored 40 during her rookie year she was 15-23. She had 16 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 5 blocks, 4 fouls, and 4 turnovers. I did not say one negative word against Stewart. Someone asked a question and I had just seen a list of all of the rookies that had scored over 30 points so I answered it. Stewart had a wonderful game.

Reaction Score
My question was: (paraphrasing) who scored more or equal to Stewies 38--
Thank you for the answer--others agree with your number.
Sorry folks--didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest!! Buzz buzzz buzzzz-

Reaction Score
As soon as anyone starts to type Par ... or Cand ... or just the initials and number, PLEASE JUST STOP!!! Count to 2043, and if you still want to continue typing, turn your computer off and go to bed.

I didn't type any of that--not even close--and look at what I have done--yipes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom