Stefanie Dolson: 'I just am who I am' | The Boneyard

Stefanie Dolson: 'I just am who I am'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I have no idea what it is to be gay. But as one who has never found true love I realize how rare a commodity it is. I don't care what kind of consenting adult you find love with, I say good for you. And good for you Stef. Love you more. Your life and every life in the LGBT community counts.

Reaction Score
What a well-spoken, beautiful, honest, and sincere young woman Stefanie is. I'm sooo glad we had her at UConn ...or did she have us?

My favorite line from the story:
"I know who I am and I don't care if people judge me. I am 6-5, and I dye my hair purple and experiment a lot with fashion. My motto is: If they're going to stare, they might as well stare at something fun."

Wishing @BigMamaStef much prosperity, peace, and happiness.

Reaction Score
I'm so proud of this. What she is doing for gay youth everywhere is something that can't be ignored. I have a feeling that my life would be very different right now if I had someone to look up to in the early 90's when I discovered my homosexuality.

Thank you Stef!

Reaction Score
Whatever makes Stef happy is OK with me. Good luck this season, Stef!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She is so incredibly well spoken and I'm so proud of her as a human being, and as a representative of UCONN. She's absolutely incredible...

What an amazing role model for any young kid, boy or girl, growing up - I am in awe...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
It took me more than a few years to figure out my own philosophy regarding LGBT people and culture. It evolved to this:

Adulthood and consent assumed, who you love, why you love, and how you love are none of my business. I can only be free if I help to ensure that you can also be free. Simplistic, I suppose. But it works for me.

Now, I have yet another reason to admire Mama Stef!

Reaction Score
She is so incredibly well spoken and I'm so proud of her as a human being, and as a representative of UCONN. She's absolutely incredible...

What an amazing role model for any young kid, boy or girl, growing up - I am in awe...

I agree and admire the grace with which she expresses herself. Good for you, Stefanie! :)

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
If Stef's happy, I'm happy. Proud of you, Stef!

Reaction Score
She will always be Big Momma Stef to me!!!:):):)Somebody post that video her and Doty and the girls filmed at Walmart.

Reaction Score
It took me more than a few years to figure out my own philosophy regarding LGBT people and culture. It evolved to this:

Adulthood and consent assumed, who you love, why you love, and how you love are none of my business. I can only be free if I help to ensure that you can also be free. Simplistic, I suppose. But it works for me.

Now, I have yet another reason to admire Mama Stef!

I have always assumed anyone over 16 has a sex life. Since I'm unwilling to talk about mine, I'm also unwilling to talk about anyone else's.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Although I think it may fly under the radar a bit, this part at the end of Stef's piece stood out to me:

"Everyone is different, even within the LGBT community. As someone who is more fluid, there are times when I feel like I don't belong anywhere. I don't necessarily identify with a label, so it can be difficult sometimes feeling like I don't fit neatly in a specific place. At the same time, though, that's been my whole life. I've never really fit into a specific spot."

I suspect that this will resonate with many, many people who feel that their sexuality or gender identity is similarly "fluid" or doesn't fit neatly into any certain category for whatever reason. In any case, I am so so happy for Stef and thrilled that she feels comfortable enough to share all this about herself. You go, Stef! Way to make all of us Huskies and Husky fans proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom