Stealing from the Men | The Boneyard

Stealing from the Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was just purusing the men's Board when I came upon this thread- trivial, but still interesting. I'd change it to fit our side of things.
If you were a 5star D1 HS player being recruited to play bb, what (3-5) schools would be on your final list, and where would you go? Of course the variations are numerous and can easily fall into absurdity. So you can decide who the 'person' is/not (f.x: a 6.2 wing/g/pg/forward; 6.5 post, or even a 5.2pg. 'You' may have WNBA aspirations or not. You may have temperature/geogr/style issues, etc). Uconn Boneyarders must pick another school then Uconn. Visitors can, of course, pick Uconn as their chosen destination. Please state why.

Reaction Score
Many scenarios. With basketball always being important (Top 30) but not necessarily the most important consideration, the following. (without overlaps)
If academics were a main concern and my grades allowed me to: Stanford, Duke and Notre Dame
If social environment, climate, were a major factor: UCLA, Florida St and Cal.
If basketball and the WNBA were the what consumed me: ________ , ________ , and __________. (Because I wasn't allowed to pick UConn, who would have occupied all 3 spots)

Reaction Score
Many scenarios. With basketball always being important (Top 30) but not necessarily the most important consideration, the following. (without overlaps)
If academics were a main concern and my grades allowed me to: Stanford, Duke and Notre Dame
If social environment, climate, were a major factor: UCLA, Florida St and Cal.
If basketball and the WNBA were the what consumed me: ________ , ________ , and __________. (Because I wasn't allowed to pick UConn, who would have occupied all 3 spots)

Under "social environment," I'd add Maryland. As UM abuts Washington, DC, it is a magnet for minority students seeking a diverse social climate. The nation's capital is very diverse in every conceivable way. Not quite NYC, but right up there. And, I'd add, the climate is temperate.

Reaction Score
South Carolina - Fan support, reminds me of Husky Mania in the 90's. (Enjoy the ride USC, if it is anything like our's your going to love it)
Notre Dame - Muffet has proven to be a great coach and has sustained success.
Baylor - Mulkey is the real deal.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Anywhere but Baylor. Have you been to Waco?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I was such a gunner when I was a teenager, I would want an academically prestigious school.

So besides the obvious (ND) my list would have been:

Duke
Stanford
Penn State (local option)
UConn (not as academically prestigious but if Geno's interested you have to hear him out)

That's assuming I was a 5-star, top 25 recruit. If I was a little lower down the pecking order, I would consider schools like Northwestern, Vanderbilt and any of the Ivies.

Reaction Score
Stanford
Notre Dame
Duke

Reason: Good education first, then basketball tradition, and weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom