Starting Quarterback | The Boneyard

Starting Quarterback

Reaction Score
Has there been any indication that there will be another QB competition this off-season? I think Roberson played well enough to be the starter next year but I don't recall seeing anything that has him penciled in as QB1.

Reaction Score
Has there been any indication that there will be another QB competition this off-season? I think Roberson played well enough to be the starter next year but I don't recall seeing anything that has him penciled in as QB1.
This is where I am, too. I think he was still recovering early in the season but doing better late and it showed. Plus he did a nice job bringing them back late in a couple of games. U-State the kicker missed an extra point after he drove them for the apparent tie. USF (?) he had a td that was called back, then on 4th down the receiver didn’t go to the stick. He hit that pass. I know it was Sacred Heart and UMass but he played decently in both.

I think we know the qb of the future, but unless he is really ready, I think the future might not be here quite yet. Even in the portal era, I think quarterbacks mostly redshirt.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This is where I am, too. I think he was still recovering early in the season but doing better late and it showed. Plus he did a nice job bringing them back late in a couple of games. U-State the kicker missed an extra point after he drove them for the apparent tie. USF (?) he had a td that was called back, then on 4th down the receiver didn’t go to the stick. He hit that pass. I know it was Sacred Heart and UMass but he played decently in both.

I think we know the qb of the future, but unless he is really ready, I think the future might not be here quite yet. Even in the portal era, I think quarterbacks mostly redshirt.
I am hoping if it’s Roberson…he show’s more mobility this year now that he should be healthier. Last year he showed very little escabiity..or elusiveness.

Mora has stated in the past that he likes a thrower who can run…more than a runner who can throw. Last year Roberson was kind of a thrower…who could kinda run…lol..

Reaction Score
I’m hoping the nod goes to TR. Give him momentum to build off of his leadership role from last season. He has it in him, I just feel like he needs more reps to keep building his confidence. I did not see the same potential in Fagnano as I do in Roberson

Reaction Score
Tucker would be surprising but would love that. Perhaps an underrated recruit.

Reaction Score
That is a pretty low bar for "well enough to be a starter next year". Did any returning starters on 3-9 team play well enough to be set as a starter for 2024?
Mora needs to upgrade talent across the board, now that buying players is legal, he needs to get out his check book.

Reaction Score
I am hoping if it’s Roberson…he show’s more mobility this year now that he should be healthier. Last year he showed very little escabiity..or elusiveness.

Mora has stated in the past that he likes a thrower who can run…more than a runner who can throw. Last year Roberson was kind of a thrower…who could kinda run…lol..
Even if he shows a little more mobility this year, that’s worth a lot more in first downs. Or mobility while scrambling out of the pocket……oh God, I’m dreaming.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the quarterback competition will carry over to fall camp. We'll also have to wait and see if or how many players leave during the current open portal window.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom