Starting 5 next year? | The Boneyard

Starting 5 next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have solid 6 players who could start being, Jalen Gibbs Purvis D ham Miller and Brimah. Maybe KO has Purvis come off the bench as the scorer. Or vise versa with Gibbs. Any ideas?

Reaction Score
We have solid 6 players who could start being, Jalen Gibbs Purvis D ham Miller and Brimah. Maybe KO has Purvis come off the bench as the scorer. Or vise versa with Gibbs. Any ideas?
Jalen will come off the bench to start the season. Why would KO mess up the chemistry to start the season and RP deserves to start the way he ended the season.

Reaction Score
I think it makes most sense to start a traditional team

PG - Gibbs
SG - Purvis
SF - Hamilton
PF - Miller
C - Brimah

And treat Adams the way UConn has traditionally treated some of its more talented scorers; Allen, Gordon, Villaneuva, Walker, Napier, Boatright all came in as change of pace guys, and got key minutes throughout the year.

I'd be happiest with that.

Reaction Score

PG - Gibbs
SG - Purvis
SF - Hamilton
PF - Miller
C - Brimah

And treat Adams the way UConn has traditionally treated some of its more talented scorers: Allen, Gordon, Villaneuva, Walker, Napier, Boatright all came in as change of pace guys, and got key minutes throughout the year.

I agree and hopefully RP stays consistent. If RP is coming off the bench I think that means that he is having issues and I think having JA adjust to a higher level as the 6th man is perfect scenario for him. Learn under Gibbs!

Reaction Score
I agree and hopefully RP stays consistent. If RP is coming off the bench I think that means that he is having issues and I think having JA adjust to a higher level as the 6th man is perfect scenario for him. Learn under Gibbs!
RP had a lot of good games against some of our toughest opponents at the end of last year. I'm with @Fishy , and have been since the end of the year, in thinking that, scoring-wise, RP is going to be our leader. I think something clicked with him, especially as March rolled around. Expecting big things from him.

Reaction Score

PG - Gibbs
SG - Purvis
SF - Hamilton
PF - Miller
C - Brimah

And treat Adams the way UConn has traditionally treated some of its more talented scorers; Allen, Gordon, Villaneuva, Walker, Napier, Boatright all came in as change of pace guys, and got key minutes throughout the year.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Cassel
Calhoun
Facey
Nolan
Enoch

Everyone eles gets garbage minuets when we're up 25.

Reaction Score

PG - Gibbs
SG - Purvis
SF - Hamilton
PF - Miller
C - Brimah

This is the starting lineup that any betting man would assume.. Without disrespecting Miller, would it be too small to go with Adams, Gibbs, Purvis, Hamilton and Brimah (not as starters, but for meaningful stretches)? Rebounding is an issue with that lineup, but it presents matchup issues on both ends for any opponent...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

PG - Gibbs
SG - Purvis
SF - Hamilton
PF - Miller
C - Brimah

I've got to give it to Jalen to step up and welcome Sterling....not everyone in his situation would do so. Jalen having the luxury of coming in off the bench, at least to start, will give him time to adjust to the elite college level game. Isn't it amazing how differently we are looking at next year as compared to just a few weeks ago?

Reaction Score
I've got to give it to Jalen to step up and welcome Sterling....not everyone in his situation would do so. Jalen having the luxury of coming in off the bench, at least to start, will give him time to adjust to the elite college level game. Isn't it amazing how differently we are looking at next year as compared to just a few weeks ago?
Yes to everything.

Reaction Score
Adams needs to get the minutes off the bench, he has the physical gifts. He is our future and I know KO likes to keep every one involved but if anyone has to be unhappy over PT, hope it ain't him. The one affected might be Cassell.

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams will be an instant impact player but I'd start Miller over him.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
with lenehan and samuel gone, who is going to continue the three sweep going?! im dead serious i love that and they seemed to also

Reaction Score
Adams needs to get the minutes off the bench, he has the physical gifts. He is our future and I know KO likes to keep every one involved but if anyone has to be unhappy over PT, hope it ain't him. The one affected might be Cassell.
Adams could be to this team what Kemba was to the 09` team.

Reaction Score
It would not surprise me to see Jalen Adams starting at some point this year. Gibbs, Dham, and Brimah are locks. Kids can play in or out of the other two. KO has some flexibility.

Reaction Score
It would not surprise me to see Jalen Adams starting at some point this year. Gibbs, Dham, and Brimah are locks. Kids can play in or out of the other two. KO has some flexibility.
I would switch miller with ab. Miller has a track record and will start with his talent. Ab can be removed from the lineup like he was by Ollie at end of the year if he is playing stupid still. Ab I hope improves a lot but he is not a sure shot to start all season with the depth we have up front now.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
RP had a lot of good games against some of our toughest opponents at the end of last year. I'm with @Fishy , and have been since the end of the year, in thinking that, scoring-wise, RP is going to be our leader. I think something clicked with him, especially as March rolled around. Expecting big things from him.

I agree with you on Purvis. Gibbs will be our coach on the floor, but Rodney is the unquestionable leader of the locker room and heart and soul of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom