Starters Announced ! | The Boneyard

Starters Announced !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
sorta

Everyone, like me, who picked KML = :)
Stunningly, Doty does not seem to be a sure thing.

John Altavilla@jaltavilla
Asked who he may start in Friday's exhibition game, Geno Auriemma says "some fried calamari and tomato with mozzarella." #UConnwomen

John Altavilla@jaltavilla
Then Geno gets serious: "Stefanie Dolson, Kaleena [Mosqueda-Lewis], Kelly Faris and two names I'll pick from a hat #UConnwomen

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interesting. I think Caroline starts. Bria, being sidelined, is out of consideration. Someone gets a big chance--Brianna Banks or one of the frosh. It's a Lou Gehrig opportunity!

Reaction Score
CD starts.....take it to the bank

You've missed the point here, I'd say.

The mere fact that Geno didn't immediately mention CD - particularly with Hartley injured - is VERY surprising.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

The mere fact that Geno didn't immediately mention CD - particularly with Hartley injured - is VERY surprising.

Although I do think Doty would start, I get what you are saying! Surprised she was not mentioned automatically and the last name "drawn from a hat"......

Reaction Score

VOW: When you consider her many injuries, alongside some of his own penchants, I wonder if he might be saying that as things now stand, he has three kids playing at a superior level, and a very large number of others (minus the injured Hartley) performing a level where he'd be comfortable having any pair of them on the floor.

Speaking of the penchants, outside chance it could also be one of his "motivators" for Doty....but I give that almost not credance as she is already way more than motivated.

My surprise on the three might be Lewis IF, in fact, her phys condition is only good and not great as reported by a pundit.

Reaction Score
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Morgan started with Bria being out. She started every game for the u-19 team and has been called the second best post player behind Stef, by Geno himself.

Reaction Score
VOW: When you consider her many injuries, alongside some of his own penchants, I wonder if he might be saying that as things now stand, he has three kids playing at a superior level, and a very large number of others (minus the injured Hartley) performing a level where he'd be comfortable having any pair of them on the floor.

Speaking of the penchants, outside chance it could also be one of his "motivators" for Doty....but I give that almost not credance as she is already way more than motivated.

My surprise on the three might be Lewis IF, in fact, her phys condition is only good and not great as reported by a pundit.

Reaction Score

Ok, I see now that it was much ado about little. Turns out Doty has been nicked up, thus explaining why she isn't a sure thing to start tmow.

Reaction Score
A healthy CD will have a starting lineup of
CD* SR
KF JR
Steph JR
KLM SO
Stewie FR
Geno will go with the most experienced players plus Stew who would be the 6th off of the bench if Bria was healthy
Morgan,Mo,Banks, will get plenty of minutes as will Kiah if she is healthy Buck will see time also

Geno as we know prefers not to start FR unless he has to

It will be great to see how the team plays even w/o Bria <She is so competitive she was playing when she should have been resting her
ankle she is paying for that now. I hope there is not more serious damage. I suspect they will continue to explore this! If they have not already done
additional MRI etal I fear she will be out for "awhile". Luckily beginning of season

Not the way we all hoped to start the season! Opportunity for Banks and Mo!
Morgan will get starter minutes

Has me thinking about having 9 at this point in time for 2013-2014 Scary if we have serious injuries
Ira

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Ok, I see now that it was much ado about little. Turns out Doty has been nicked up, thus explaining why she isn't a sure thing to start tmow.
Very possible, because there is little to gain and much to risk throwing her in to a game that will likely have imbalanced athleticism, skills and organization. Geno knows what CD can do and she has little to prove.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
CD* SR
KF JR
Steph JR
KLM SO
Stewie FR
Geno will go with the most experienced players plus Stew who would be the 6th off of the bench if Bria was healthy
Morgan,Mo,Banks, will get plenty of minutes as will Kiah if she is healthy Buck will see time also

Geno as we know prefers not to start FR unless he has to

It will be great to see how the team plays even w/o Bria <She is so competitive she was playing when she should have been resting her
ankle she is paying for that now. I hope there is not more serious damage. I suspect they will continue to explore this! If they have not already done
additional MRI etal I fear she will be out for "awhile". Luckily beginning of season

Not the way we all hoped to start the season! Opportunity for Banks and Mo!
Morgan will get starter minutes

Has me thinking about having 9 at this point in time for 2013-2014 Scary if we have serious injuries
Ira

Here is a suggestion. Don't think about injuries. Don't fret about them. Just don't let that thought into your mind.

Reaction Score
I'm with the people who say Morgan might start. According to Geno, Morgan is playing some solid basketball.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I will go out on a limb and say

G Caroline
G Faris
C Dolsen
F/W KML
F/W Stewart

Reaction Score
I will go out on a limb and say

G Caroline
G Faris
C Dolsen
F/W KML
F/W Stewart
I think you're right with Tuck, Banks, and Jefferson coming in at the five minute mark. Lots of room for experimentation in the 2 exhibition games.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
If others, like myself, encounter this at the top of the board first and don't read the thread about what Auriemma expects you are missing something pertinent. Auriemma states that "other than Caroline .... and Bria .... we are 100% healthy."

He also talks about the positive aspect in giving Banks and Jefferson much more work. When those two missing pieces of the conversation are considered, his role of the dice for the two positions will apparently be between Doty, Jefferson, and Banks (Hartley is out indefinitely). Based on these tidbits I think one of either Jefferson or Banks will be starting, though I'd like to see the lineup suggested by Tony.

For now this rules out continuing KML as sixth person as championed by some.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
CD* SR
KF JR
Steph JR
KLM SO
Stewie FR

Ira

Ira, love ya man, but unfortunately the lineup will look like this:

CD* SR
KF SR
Steph JR
KLM SO
Stewie FR

I wish she had one more year.......:(

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Word is that Stokes still isn't at 100% of where they want her to be after off season surgery. Doubt it's her.

Reaction Score
Ira, love ya man, but unfortunately the lineup will look like this:

CD* SR
KF SR
Steph JR
KLM SO
Stewie FR

I wish she had one more year.......:(

Typo on my part I know KF is a SR,and not a JR. Don't know why I didn't realize it when I typed
the other! :oops: Wishful thinking on my part mea culpa

Glad you noticed it and put correct year on your post
We both agree on proposed lineup
Ira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads