Stanford to host UConn women and men | The Boneyard

Stanford to host UConn women and men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Big push for # 10 NC starts early in November..........This game might get ugly very early............

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Just a reminder to any Huskies fans planning to make the trip for the Stanford game at Palo Alto. UConn is supposedly opening the season the weekend before(Fri or Sat) at UC Davis, near Sacramento. Two games are better than one.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just a reminder to any Huskies fans planning to make the trip for the Stanford game at Palo Alto. UConn is supposedly opening the season the weekend before(Fri or Sat) at UC Davis, near Sacramento. Two games are better than one.
Are we really opening the season away from home? Have we ever done that before??

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Are we really opening the season away from home? Have we ever done that before??
To answer my own question. Since Geno's been coach
1985 @ Iona
1990 @ Holy Cross
1991 @ California
1999 @ Iowa

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Should be an interesting game. Stanford has a number of talented pieces but will be struggling to forge a team identity with the departure of Chiney. Will UConn rise to the occasion and keep its streak intact? Or will Stanford lay early claim to best team in the nation?

I loved how UConn showed up against Stanford the last time the game was at Maples, and I hope it happens again. If it does, will it be a testament to how good the Huskies are (as anticipated), or will it be because of how early it would be in the season for the Card?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Should be an interesting game. Stanford has a number of talented pieces but will be struggling to forge a team identity with the departure of Chiney. Will UConn rise to the occasion and keep its streak intact? Or will Stanford lay early claim to best team in the nation?
I really don't think Stanford has the horses next year to compete with UCONN. But it's early in the season, so who knows what could happen?

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
To answer my own question. Since Geno's been coach
1985 @ Iona
1990 @ Holy Cross
1991 @ California
1999 @ Iowa

Also 95-96, when they played La Tech in Knoxville (and lost in OT, breaking their 35-game winning streak), the next year when they played Western Kentucky in Palo Alto, and 98-99, they opened against Duke in San Jose.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I totally overlooked this post and I am SO disappointed in the date of the game. Not because UConn starts the season on the road, but because I had planned to piggy back a trip to Palo Alto for the game and a visit with my son. But that date coincides with a major release of the application that is the cause of most of my stress these days. Gosh darn it! Wish the dates would have been reversed. January would have been totally doable.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have a good friend who just got a job at Stanford. I plan to take a road trip up there to see the game. Anyone know how/when I can get tickets? I've never gotten them before for a UCONN game (my parents always get the games back east)... Thanks!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I really don't think Stanford has the horses next year to compete with UCONN. But it's early in the season, so who knows what could happen?
UCONN 78, Stanford 54. Oh wait - is this not a prediction thread? :)

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I totally overlooked this post and I am SO disappointed in the date of the game. Not because UConn starts the season on the road, but because I had planned to piggy back a trip to Palo Alto for the game and a visit with my son. But that date coincides with a major release of the application that is the cause of most of my stress these days. Gosh darn it! Wish the dates would have been reversed. January would have been totally doable.

RE: Avatar...Goose-Fraba????

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Also 95-96, when they played La Tech in Knoxville (and lost in OT, breaking their 35-game winning streak), the next year when they played Western Kentucky in Palo Alto, and 98-99, they opened against Duke in San Jose.
Ah, ok. In the Media Guide they have it listed as a home game. (I didn't read the notes below. :oops:)

Reaction Score
Kinda blow away the last season's expectations of a UConn / AAC boycott. Hah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom