Sporting News' top 10 point guards for 2013-2014 | The Boneyard

Sporting News' top 10 point guards for 2013-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Andrew Harrison hasn't played a minute yet.........this Top 10 is a joke!!

The Harrison Brothers definitely have a rep of being selfish & pouting when not being top options. Hard to not see some infighting at KenSucky next year. Should be fun to watch. Randle should be great. Can Harrison handle develop into a distributor instead of a scorer??? That is the million dollar question...

Reaction Score
^ I think the million dollar question is - who cares?

Reaction Score
Harrison twins got nothing on Boat and Bazz, Marcus Smart at #1 is a good pick though, kid is nice!!

Reaction Score
Does anyone else get to a slideshow and just think, "Meh, not worth it".
Yes. I hate those slideshows. Can't they just list everything in a regular article so you can read it and see the whole list in front of you rather than having to go page by page?

Reaction Score
Does anyone else get to a slideshow and just think, "Meh, not worth it".

I'll take a slideshow over a 2-3 minute video of a guy discussing his top whatever. THAT ish is pointless.

Reaction Score
Top 5 ain't bad. He's very much in striking distance. But to place an untested freshman so high is absurd unless he goes to a certain school.

Reaction Score
There's about a 0.02% chance Shabazz becomes a lottery pick unless he grows a few inches.

I agree he can be had later in the round(s), even if he's a first team AA. His objective is to get drafted hopefully by a team that has an opening at PG. It would not be that favorable to get drafted by a team who simply picks the best player available, but has good guards already. His height is a disadvantage, particularly for a NBA rookie.

Reaction Score
I agree he can be had later in the round(s), even if he's a first team AA. His objective is to get drafted hopefully by a team that has an opening at PG. It would not be that favorable to get drafted by a team who simply picks the best player available, but has good guards already. His height is a disadvantage, particularly for a NBA rookie.

Shabazz is not that short for an NBA PG. There are plenty of other 6’0” & 6’ 1” PGs in the NBA… all their heights are basically measured in shoes, as well. I’ll bet Shabazz measures in at 5’11” without shoes & roughly 6’0” - 6’1” in shoes, just like these players below.

DJ Augustin, JJ Barea, Aaron Brooks, Eric Bledsoe, Will Bynum, Darren Collison, Mike Conley, Raymond Felton, Derrick Fisher, Brandon Jennings, Ty Lawson, Kyle Lowry, John Lucas, Patty Mills, Jameer Nelson, Tony Parker, Chris Paul, Janero Pargo, Rajon Rondo, Ish Smith, Sebastian Telfair, Earl Watson, Malik Wayns, and Kemba Walker… Add in Nate Robinson & Isaiah Thomas are 5'9"...

I think a decent comparable player for Shabazz would be a JJ Barea or John Lucas or a Jameer Nelson. None are super quick but can pass & shoot.

Reaction Score
Is Yogi Ferrell any good at all? I admittedly didn't see a ton of IU games last year, but from the ones I saw, he did nothing. The fact that he is above Shabazz on this list is absolutely astounding to me.

Reaction Score
Is Yogi Ferrell any good at all? I admittedly didn't see a ton of IU games last year, but from the ones I saw, he did nothing. The fact that he is above Shabazz on this list is absolutely astounding to me.

With the role that he had and the numbers he put up he was pretty much just like Bazz as a freshman. He's talented and was a McDonalds All American(although it was a very weak crop of PGs in his class), but to have him ranked that high to begin with, and ahead of guys who had much better years last year and stand to be even better is absurd, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom