Spoelstra and LeBron.... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Spoelstra and LeBron....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So I guess it's a fair stance to take if you believe LeBron reached his peak as a player in this postseason, or fulfilled some sort of prophecy, but without the Bosh's and Wade's of the world, it's going to be very difficult to get over the hump regardless of how well you play.

To the extent that you read me to suggest that I believe that LeBron has reached his peak as a player this postseason, that is not accurate. I believe this is possibly just the beginning of his performance at this next level. You can find Boshes and Wades. You can't find another one of whatever this guy is when he is playing at this level. Wades and Boshes will be knocking down your doors to come in. Among others, Ray is apparently willing to take the league minimum to join them. He may not be equal to either of them at this point in his career, but the fact that these types of players will be lining up to take the minimum and party in Miami bodes well for the continued success of this model. LeBron is the only one essential to the formula imo. The others can adapt, and now he has shown that he can, too.

Reaction Score
To the extent that you read me to suggest that I believe that LeBron has reached his peak as a player this postseason, that is not accurate. I believe this is possibly just the beginning of his performance at this next level. You can find Boshes and Wades. You can't find another one of whatever this guy is when he is playing at this level. Wades and Boshes will be knocking down your doors to come in. Among others, Ray is apparently willing to take the league minimum to join them. He may not be equal to either of them at this point in his career, but the fact that these types of players will be lining up to take the minimum and party in Miami bodes well for the continued success of this model. LeBron is the only one essential to the formula imo. The others can adapt, and now he has shown that he can, too.

Mentally it looks like a new Lebron which is just scary, they now get Mike Miller off the books, there is talk of them getting Nash or Ray

Reaction Score

I think you might be selling Wade short a bit (maybe top 40 all-time player), but I agree with your premise that we'll likely never again see a LeBron James, while we'll probably see another ten Wade's in our lifetime. If Ray Allen joins the Heat, it would be really, really difficult to see anybody knocking them off the mountain top, at least not next season. As well as Mike Miller and Shane Battier played at times during the Finals, their not Ray Allen, they can't use screens as well, or get their shot off in as short a window as time as Ray can. Imagine posting LeBron on the right block and planting Ray in the right corner. Defenses are in quite the predicament, aren't they? If you leave player x on an island with LeBron, he's going to get roasted, and if you double, you've got the best three point shooter of all-time ten feet away.

The NBA really isn't too difficult to figure out these days. Acquire three or four star players, whether it be through the draft (OKC, SA), free agency (Miami), or trade (Boston) and then surround them with complementary pieces.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Mentally it looks like a new Lebron which is just scary, they now get Mike Miller off the books, there is talk of them getting Nash or Ray

They don't have enough for Nash or Ray. I heard Nash is looking anywhere between 8-10 Million next year. And if Ray is leaving Boston because he doesn't want to come off the bench, why go to Miami? They already have the 2-3 locked up in Wade and James.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom