Spoelstra and LeBron.... | The Boneyard

Spoelstra and LeBron....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Those two guys are about ten minutes away from being able to tell a whole lotta people to go pound sand.

You know who is having a very long night?

Dan Gilbert.

Room service is preparing his crow.

Reaction Score
This championship does nothing to discount the fact that Spoelstra is a joke of a coach. If I had a choice between Spoelstra and Ollie as the next UConn coach, I would take Ollie 100 times out of 100.

Reaction Score
I called this series completely wrong, I thought OKC would have the clear advantage with their role players, I couldn't have been more wrong. I'm not a Lebron or Wade fan but Lebron deserves it, it's his time. He's been dumped on for the last two years and he is clearly the best player in the game. Miami's ball movement was superb while OKC just played one on one, James Harden was completely exposed this series. Happy for Mike Miller, the guy came back from the dead.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This championship does nothing to discount the fact that Spoelstra is a joke of a coach. If I had a choice between Spoelstra and Ollie as the next UConn coach, I would take Ollie 100 times out of 100.

You're seven minutes away from being able to go pound sand.

Reaction Score

Colin Cowherd made a great point about Spoelstra today. Look at who hired him. Being hired by someone who is considered one of the great minds of the game says something about you.

Reaction Score
You're seven minutes away from being able to go pound sand.
Why? Becuase the Heat won despite Spoelstra as their coach. Eddy Curry also won a ring tonight. Is he any good? No. Just a product of three superstars.

Reaction Score
Why? Becuase the Heat won despite Spoelstra as their coach. Eddy Curry also won a ring tonight. Is he any good? No. Just a product of three superstars.
They didn't win last year with the same three superstars. There are reasons why Spo was made the head coach. The fact that Curry didn't play much makes Spo a great coach.

Reaction Score
I've had to hear for years that the Celtics made a huge mistake trading Kendrick Perkins, what exactly does that guy do? Pretty sure I had a better series than he did while watching the games from my living room.

Reaction Score
I've had to hear for years that the Celtics made a huge mistake trading Kendrick Perkins, what exactly does that guy do? Pretty sure I had a better series than he did while watching the games from my living room.
Pretty sure you had a better series than Harden as well. And Ibaka. What exactly do those guys do?

Reaction Score
Absolutely, the role players for the Thunder were disgustingly bad, the only guy who did his job was Collison and yes I'm including Harden as a role player, he was exposed this series.

Reaction Score
Sure, Pat Riley likes him, but someone on the internet thinks that he's a joke of a coach, so I don't know what to believe.
Right. And you, another "person on the internet" thinks differently than I do. Now I'm so conflicted!

Reaction Score
They didn't win last year with the same three superstars. There are reasons why Spo was made the head coach. The fact that Curry didn't play much makes Spo a great coach.

Stevie Wonder could have seen that Eddy Curry was a terrible player. Spoelstra was a long time assistant and that they felt earned the right to have a chance coaching (and as an assistant he was probably a pretty damn good buddy with Riley). And he was the coach last year too (and the year before that). But I'm sorry. I watch the games and watch the way this team performs, and it looks like Spoelstra says something, and nobody on the team could care less.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into how incredibly talented they are, and how terrible they look as a team. Maybe I look too much at how horrific the Heat on the last possession. Does Spoelstra even draw up a play in the huddle? It sure doesn't look like it. The plays looks like complete jokes. Worse than the plays we ran during recess in middle school when the bell rang and we agreed that next basket wins. There is absolutely no team aspect to it at all. It's entirely one on one (well one on five really), because all they ever do is give the ball to whoever has been playing better that game (LeBron or Wade), while the other sits in the corner twiddling his thumbs, and the other teams know that as well. I mean in the corner. WTF? Why has LeBron spent so many last possessions in the corner being no threat whatsoever to make a play? Can't he at least be in a position where he is at least in the thoughts of the other team? I think coaches of elementary school kids can figure out that LeBron should not be standing in the corner completely out of the play. I wanted so badly for the Celtics to lose to the Heat, and I just couldn't believe how horrendously coached that team looked in those big situations.

Honestly, if Phil Jackson were coaching the Heat, I think they would have been the heavy favorites in the finals, instead of the underdogs, because we would be talking about whether they are the greatest team ever after sweeping the first 3 rounds. And I feel the same way about several others coaches in the league like Pop or Rivers. I think 1000 other coaches in the world could have done exactly what Spoelstra did. Wow LeBron won a ring. Big whoop. He was supposed to. So was Spoelstra.

Sure, Pat Riley likes him, but someone on the internet thinks that he's a joke of a coach, so I don't know what to believe.

Michael Jordan was the arguably the greatest player ever. Turns out he is also one of the worst owners/Head of basketball Operations in the history of professional sports. Being good at one part of the game (coaching) doesn't necessarily mean you know anything about how to evaluate coaching talent. Hell, maybe he is as good of a GM as he is a coach. But the fact that he got 3 superstars that wanted to play together to sign max or near max contracts, and won doesn't make me believe he knows what he's doing.

Reaction Score
It's not really what he brought to the Thunder as it was what he took away from the Celtics. You can't honestly tell me that the Celtics wouldn't have wanted Perkins against the Heat in these playoffs.

Reaction Score
I know that Perkins is a big body but don't know why the Celtics would want him, he's horrible.

Reaction Score
You know it's pretty rough when Eddy Curry is getting a ring, prepare to see him get overweight yet again.

Reaction Score
The toughest coaching job in the NBA, mabe in all sports, is the win when everyone expects you to. The pressure, the egos, always having a bull's eye on your back....gotta give Spo credit.

Reaction Score
I know that Perkins is a big body but don't know why the Celtics would want him, he's horrible.

Championship mystique rubbing off on him and KG making him look better than he is. People talk about what he contributes that "don't show up in the stat sheet" and his "intangibles", the guy is a bum, the only thing he contributes is mean mugging.

Reaction Score
I think Skip Bayless is having a worse night than Dan Gilbert.

DVRing First Take tomorrow. I should just totally ignore him since he's a moron, but I really want to see what he tries to say.

Reaction Score
DVRing First Take tomorrow. I should just totally ignore him since he's a moron, but I really want to see what he tries to say.

hes a moron because thats how the show draws ratings, he will give lebron some credit, then he will give most of the credit to Dwayne Wade and bash Russell Westbrook aka Russell Westbrick lol. Bayless takes both sides of the argument so that way he is never wrong, he will be like I did have the Miami Heat winning. Im one of the few who likes listening to Skip Bayless, you just cant take him seriously.

Reaction Score
As if the NBA needed to be seen by the entirety of the viewing public as boring and pre-determined. Oh, look, the three superstars that signed together and became the league's prohibitive favorite actually won and made the entire league look rigged. Last reason to watch the league - to see them lose - gone.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As if the NBA needed to be seen by the entirety of the viewing public as boring and pre-determined. Oh, look, the three superstars that signed together and became the league's prohibitive favorite actually won and made the entire league look rigged. Last reason to watch the league - to see them lose - gone.
I don't really agree. The Heat had three all-stars, but have been woefully thin everywhere else. Dallas, the Lakers, and the Cs all have had a much higher payroll than did Miami these past two years. It put immense pressure on the big three to make a ton of plays and log a ton of minutes night in and night out.

Additionally, these three guys were kind of an odd mix. LeBron is brilliant but didn't quite have the assertiveness to come in and make the Heat his team, and Wade was exactly the wrong teammate for that kind of guy to have. It took some time for those two to get out of each other's way, and for Wade to abdicate. Meanwhile, Bosh is a fine player, especially as the third guy, but the Heat might have been better served to use his salary to pay for two quality role players. In other words, the Heat had a lot to figure out, despite the three guys they had at the top.

Most championship teams over the years have had an unfair amount of talent. How the heat went about acquiring their talent was somewhat unique, but I don't see it as any worse than how the Lakers got Pau or the Cs got KG. The Decision was poorly conceived and executed, but I never had a problem with the three of them making the decision to play together.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
The NBA in general is boring. I'll take college ball anyday. Players actually play with heart and desire every game. They don't just wait until the playoffs to actually play. There's too much standing around and every team focuses around one or two players. To be honest, I can't think of the last time I watched even 30 minutes of a NBA game. I don't get why everyone claimed this was such a good series. The Heat won in 5 games! Yeah Games 1-4 were close but who cares....this wasn't really a series. Thankfully, the ridiculously long NBA season is over and I don't have to see it on SportsCenter anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom