Speaking of "visiting team" posters, what schools are represented on the BY? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Speaking of "visiting team" posters, what schools are represented on the BY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm a UConn WCBB fan. I did not graduate from the university. I'm a Holy Cross grad, and while I have warm feelings about my school, I don't follow their athletics at all. From time to time, I'll become fascinated with another WCBB team, such as the Gonzaga teams during the Vandersloot years. Such fascinations usually last a year or two and of course, would be set aside if that team were to play UConn.
Did the women at your alma mater (and the guys, to be fair) have Hot Cross Buns? Ok, I'm ducking on this one. :)

Reaction Score
No, and those weren't the warm feelings I had, either.:D Actually, I graduated in one of the last classes before they admitted women full-time. Best thing the school could have done IMHO.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Other family schools include:

Lafayette
Rice
Columbia
Stanford
SDSU
Tennessee (by marriage) :(
While I would certainly never advocate for divorce, seems it would be justified in this case. :rolleyes:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
MilfordHusky said:
My schools:

UConn
Lehigh
Brown
Penn

Other family schools include:

Lafayette
Rice
Columbia
Stanford
SDSU
Tennessee (by marriage) :(

Milford...I just don't know what to say... Except to speculate what it was like in your house when UConn played Tennessee. Had to be some tricky moments...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Milford...I just don't know what to say... Except to speculate what it was like in your house when UConn played Tennessee. Had to be some tricky moments...
It's my nephew through marriage, so it's fairly recent. We all gang up on him. I knew it was a problem when I learned that his dog was named Neyland after the football stadium and he couldn't get married in the fall because it was football season. :) He's actually a nice guy, but at 38, still has something of a frat boy mentality.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
It's my nephew through marriage, so it's fairly recent. We all gang up on him. I knew it was a problem when I learned that his dog was named Neyland after the football stadium and he couldn't get married in the fall because it was football season. :) He's actually a nice guy, but at 38, still has something of a frat boy mentality.

;)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Just a little info on Neyland. General Robert Neyland US Army. Also Tennessee football coach. Had some impressive numbers as coach. Including
the Vols ran off 17 straight shutouts and in 71 quarters in a row.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Just a little info on Neyland. General Robert Neyland US Army. Also Tennessee football coach. Had some impressive numbers as coach. Including
the Vols ran off 17 straight shutouts and in 71 quarters in a row.

When was that streak?

Reaction Score
He has a ways to go yet to outgrow his frat boy mentality. Not that I know from personal experience...well, OK, in the interests of full disclosure, I am speaking from personal experience. In truth (you know, what with full disclosure and all), he'll probably never fully outgrow it.

Reaction Score
UConn.....then ND, St. John's, Marquette, North Dakota, Furman and Clemson.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
upload_2014-7-30_11-44-16.jpeg

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Having lived in Connecticut for over 30 years, I'm strictly a UConn fan (primarily the women). However, now that I live in New Mexico, I take a mild interest in the UNM Lobos because some of my relatives are graduates of UNM.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
UConn, Michigan, Amherst, Wesleyan, Williams (Hint: The last 3 are not D1 factories.) :)

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
UConn, then ND. Love Cornell!!!
"Don't send my son to Harvard", the dying mother said:
"Don't send my son to Princeton: I'd rather see him dead!
But, send him off to Dartmouth, or, better yet, Cornell!
But, as for Pennsylvania, I'd see him first in hell!"

Reaction Score
Uconn, then Cal. My hope for Cal is that someday they can recruit a shooter. When they made the FF 2 years ago Cal had the worst free throw percentage in D1 ball.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
UConn fan, of course. But as an alumnus of Illinois, I'm hopeful that Matt
Bollant can elevate the Illini women to respectability, if not top 25 status.
Any idea of the challenges he faces? I know TG when she was there got the women out of a second class facility, but is the arena dated? How are the locker rooms and facilities? (Although some RU fans went to games both when TG and Jolette were there, we never did).

Bolant seemed a good choice. Will be interesting to see how they do going forward. I used to root for Illinois in the abstract, but now that RU is in the B1G, so much for that.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm a South Carolina fan with Rutgers a distant second since I grew up in New Jersey. I'm a season ticket holder for football, men's basketball and women's basketball.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

I certainly hope none of my nieces or nephews get married during football or basketball season. 2 have married so far, and they were kind enough to get married in the spring (I'm not as much of a baseball fan). Let's hope the other 4 use common sense when picking dates if they get married. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom