Speaking of patsies... | The Boneyard

Speaking of patsies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I wonder if tonight Syracuse might turn out to be one of them damn hard-to-masticate cupcakes, like PennState, NTSU, Florida, G-W, and SFU. Damned embarrassing to choke on a cupcake!

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
I wonder if tonight Syracuse might turn out to be one of them damn hard-to-masticate cupcakes, like PennState, NTSU, Florida, G-W, and SFU. Damned embarrassing to choke on a cupcake!

Syracuse is ranked...not sure you can qualify as a cupcake or "patsy" if you are ranked.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
speaking of patsies.... KState struggled to put away the University of South Dakota (Jackrabbits?) yesterday. They won, but, by 3 points in overtime.
Monday should be one o' those one-sided blow outs that the cognoscenti like to complain about.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Was there someone who suggested that KState is actually "good"?

I think they will be, Mittie actually is a decent coach, a lot will depend on his recruiting going forward I think.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
But this year they will be doing well to lose by no more than did tOSU.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well I guess you could argue that it's early and TENN has a lot of new pieces to absorb but, wow. #4 in another close one against a "so-so" team.

Reaction Score
speaking of patsies.... KState struggled to put away the University of South Dakota (Jackrabbits?) yesterday. They won, but, by 3 points in overtime.
Monday should be one o' those one-sided blow outs that the cognoscenti like to complain about.
USD is not a bad team this year - not great but far from a "cupcake" (Mistake here, the "good" team in SD is the SD State Jackrabbits, not USD).

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
the "good" team in SD is the SD State Jackrabbits

The SD State Jackrabbits must have a hell of a home court advantage. They lost to Notre Dame last year at South Bend by 43 points but lost at home to the Irish the other day by only 11. They should extend the series.:rolleyes:

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The Jackrabbits have a history of being fierce. Good good coaching, amazingly passionate fan base. Those of us who track below the "25th parallel " often say, "'Ware the Wabbit," and for good reason....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The Jackrabbits have a history of being fierce. Good good coaching, amazingly passionate fan base. Those of us who track below the "25th parallel " often say, "'Ware the Wabbit," and for good reason....
They were a power in Div II before jumping to Div I back a few years (2008/9??). But they've made the NCAA Tourney almost every year since making the jump. Not a bad team.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Those are no ORDINARY rabbits!!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

Mention of fierce rabbits, er, wabbits caused me to recall one of the all-time greatest lines of lyrics in Broadway history.
- The musical: "Bloomer Girl"
- The song: "Sunday in Cicero Falls"
- The (incomparable) line:
"Even the Rabbits inhibit their habits on Sunday in Cicero Falls"l:p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sadly, I read it as pastries...

Bet you entered this thread like this :p

sex1cx.gif

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The SD State Jackrabbits must have a hell of a home court advantage. They lost to Notre Dame last year at South Bend by 43 points but lost at home to the Irish the other day by only 11. They should extend the series.:rolleyes:

Well, they do. It was a full house and a loud one at that.

Of course, that does not entirely account for the difference in margin of victory. The game that ND won by 43 was last calendar year but it was two seasons ago. Notable names involved for the Irish: Natalie Achonwa (13 pts, 13 reb, 6 ast), Kayla McBride (18 pts, 8-8 FG), Jewell Loyd (14 pts, 6 reb).

This Irish team is probably not quite as talented and a bit younger. The current seniors are complementary players, not stars like Achonwa and McBride. Also, SDSU didn't have Macy Miller then, who would probably start on a majority of power-5 teams, including Notre Dame.

ESPNW article on the game here: http://espn.go.com/ncw/story/_/id/1...-fight-show-program-notre-dame-fighting-irish

Reaction Score
Well, they do. It was a full house and a loud one at that.

Of course, that does not entirely account for the difference in margin of victory. The game that ND won by 43 was last calendar year but it was two seasons ago. Notable names involved for the Irish: Natalie Achonwa (13 pts, 13 reb, 6 ast), Kayla McBride (18 pts, 8-8 FG), Jewell Loyd (14 pts, 6 reb).

This Irish team is probably not quite as talented and a bit younger. The current seniors are complementary players, not stars like Achonwa and McBride. Also, SDSU didn't have Macy Miller then, who would probably start on a majority of power-5 teams, including Notre Dame.

ESPNW article on the game here: http://espn.go.com/ncw/story/_/id/1...-fight-show-program-notre-dame-fighting-irish

Thanks for the heads up. We play them this weekend at the Paradise Jam (Friday). We follow that up with ranked Syracuse. At least our RPI will finally be above 230.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
This thread was about PATSIES --- SOME IDIOT STOLE IT INTO PASTIES!!! SHAMEFUL SIMPLY SHAME FULL.

Patsies, pasties, pastries, .. and, now, full circle..

.. back to Patsy's..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc