South Carolina | The Boneyard

South Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Much like the other #1 from the SEC, not a very strong showing for playing a 16 seed! The west will be Stanford's to lose from where I'm sitting!

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
And #3 Louisville (wink wink) is up by 40 on the 14 seed!

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Reaction Score
Yeah. South Carolina is up by 6 with less than two minutes left. I mean, really?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agree, but to be fair to the SEC, Florida had an impressive game and LSU fared much better than I thought. Georgia flamed out as usual, and Tennessee and SC "struggled" against far inferior opponents. I would have preferred to see Florida and LSU go down in flames, but for the most part, the SEC is proving to be mostly much less than people seemed to think.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Yeah, but how many teams have a coach with the "Darth Vader" look?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yeah, but how many teams have a coach with the "Darth Vader" look?

She's wearing Darth's outfit, but facially she's doing a pretty good C Viv Stringer imitation!

PS. Let's hope Geno isn't a sour puss later.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
On another note, Alaina Coates is a gamer!! She is a powerful post player and just a freshman! She should get some votes for NFOY!

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We don't have the 5 star players that a lot of other teams have, but the Gamecocks can play some good ball. Considering a flight across country and a three hour time difference, I'll take a game in the win column. Alaina Coates was the 28th rated player last year and is the highest rated on the team coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
If they played Oregon State liked they played their first round game, I can see an upset! If Oregon State is hitting their 3's, and their 6'6 post player isn't in foul trouble, they can give SC some problems. They played ND very tough this year (were within 4pts with 3 mins left!). Sydney Wiese (freshman) is really good and a great shooter. Jamie Weisner (Sophomore and very, very good) is coming back from injury and hasn't gotten back to her form yet, but if she does, they can pose problems.

It's pretty amazing what Scott Reuck has done. When he took over the team, he only had 2 returning players and something like 7-8 walk-ons. Few years later they are in the 2nd round of the tournament with a roster containing mostly freshman and sophomores. Too bad they weren't able to nab one of the Oregon players that committed to TN.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
On another note, Alaina Coates is a gamer!! She is a powerful post player and just a freshman! She should get some votes for NFOY!

She is the real deal. USC is set at the center position for the next 3 years.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
We don't have the 5 star players that a lot of other teams have, but the Gamecocks can play some good ball. Considering a flight across country and a three hour time difference, I'll take a game in the win column. Alaina Coates was the 28th rated player last year and is the highest rated on the team coming out of high school.

You will find that many want to say bad things about your team. If you land Wilson, watch out...you will be the new Baylor.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You will find that many want to say bad things about your team. If you land Wilson, watch out...you will be the new Baylor.
Baylor has been pretty good for a while, so I wouldn't complain about that. We will be better next season, even if A'ja Wilson goes elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Baylor has been pretty good for a while, so I wouldn't complain about that. We will be better next season, even if A'ja Wilson goes elsewhere.
Absolutely with all the experience the team has gotten this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom