South Carolina Postgame Thread[merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

South Carolina Postgame Thread[merged thread]

Reaction Score
I cannot believe what I am reading from the first two posters. Grow up. South Carolina played a great game. Our guards were off tonight. Williams and Fudd.... but Edwards was a beast. Ono played well. They had more post players that were very physical.

Reaction Score
I mean come on guys… let’s keep it real here. CW is a senior. You can’t be a no-show like that. But I don’t know about you but I was really frustrated with Geno not getting in her face to get her going. Years past - he would challenge players. He just stood there stoically. Can’t have that. Fire your players up! Please!! But no…

Reaction Score
Wow! The chatroom is filled with fair weather second guessing "fans" who re trashing the coach & the players. So sad & disrespectful to a team that overcame so much adversity this season. Question the result, but not their heart & effort.

Reaction Score
Proud of UConn. The mere fact that they made it to the Finals is huge. Tonight was not their night. Azzi sick, Dorka broken wrist, it all just personified the season. Will miss our seniors, wish them the best. Looking forward to next year. Oh, we need some BIGS

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
What's to say? The best team won tonight. These young women of SC are some really good kids. They earned their victory with strong play inside and outside. SC fans have a right to crow, at least until next year. I'm proud of the way the UConn ladies pushed through a difficult and trying year. Injuries, illnesses to the team, the coach, and the practice squad. Hell, even their bus broke down. But Dawn should rightly be proud of what she's done down there in Carolina. They're an elite program with an elite coach who is also an elite recruiter. See you next year Dawn, you're a beast, and it's all good for WCBB. As we old Dodger fans used to say, what 'til next year!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Always sad especially for the Seniors. Evina left it on the floor. Great effort in a season of tough breaks. SC deserved it. Congrats to them. Proud of our team for fighting through a very difficult season to get into this game.

And CONGRATULATIONS to all our Gamecock friends that post here. A wonderful Championship season for them. Enjoy your celebration.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The silver lining is that it was primarily freshmen and sophomores on the court.

Paige, Aaliyah, Nika - sophomores
Azzi, Caroline, Amari - freshmen

They made some mistakes but didn’t seem overwhelmed by the moment. This experience will serve them well, especially Paige and Nika, who looked royally pissed.

Reaction Score
Geno will have to start recruiting some longer better talented bigs. Cleary evident that UConn had no answers for Carolina bigs in the frontcourt.
It’s not like he hasn’t tried. many of us thought he had Boston in the bag until she committed to South Carolina at the last minute. The biggies all seem to be going to the west coast.

Reaction Score
Wow! The chatroom is filled with fair weather second guessing "fans" who re trashing the coach & the players. So sad & disrespectful to a team that overcame so much adversity this season. Question the result, but not their heart & effort.
There was some serious trolls in the chat. Not sure what’s up with that. Seems a couple we’re there to really cause problems. Not sure what can be done about that?

Reaction Score
Tough end of the season, seemed like we were just happy being in the big game as opposed to winning it. Will be good to have a fresh start next year for everyone.

Reaction Score
I mean come on guys… let’s keep it real here. CW is a senior. You can’t be a no-show like that. But I don’t know about you but I was really frustrated with Geno not getting in her face to get her going. Years past - he would challenge players. He just stood there stoically. Can’t have that. Fire your players up! Please!! But no…
Almost all the posts before yours were congratulating the team, SC, and all the hard work. Read the room.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There were some LV fans fanning the flames

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm hoping that we don't go with the unfinished business theme again next season. We accomplished waaaaay more than we really thought that we would, especially with all the challenges we worked through. Who knows what the off season will hold for us but I am glad and proud to be a UConn Huskies (WBB) fan and am looking forward to next season.
And I still think 11-1 is way better than 2-0 in National Championships.
Thank you UConn WBB for a great 2021-22 season.

Reaction Score
Congrats to South Carolina. I have to say I hate when I see 21 fouls to 11.... and 26 free throws to 4... that is something that will irate me for the entire year. But South Carolina had a great game tonight... Give them their dues.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
It was a guard that caused the most trouble
In terms of points, yes, but SC out-rebounded UConn by a ridiculous number which is what many of us feared would happen. Strong post play frees up guards to do their thing on offense and to guard closely on the perimeter. The foul and FT difference was also ridiculous which also speaks to post play. SC won this game in the lane.

JBK

Reaction Score
I cannot believe what I am reading from the first two posters. Grow up. South Carolina played a great game. Our guards were off tonight. Williams and Fudd.... but Edwards was a beast. Ono played well. They had more post players that were very physical.
Agree
It was obvious our guards did not play their A game, but I cannot agree with you that Liv played well -

Reaction Score
UCONN will win it next year! This wasn’t our year…all of the adversity was a clear sign. Great year ladies although it wasn’t the storybook ending we all wanted. Work hard over the summer and come back stronger than ever! Some of y’all so-called fans need to grow up and stop acting like middle school girls! Great season ladies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom