South Carolina: “We Should've Beaten Notre Dame And Competed For A Championship” | Page 4 | The Boneyard

South Carolina: “We Should've Beaten Notre Dame And Competed For A Championship”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Exactly as I thought, no response from you. This only leaves me to believe that Geno's not to far off on his assessment of some of the Husky fans.[/QU
Exactly as I thought, no response from you. This only leaves me to believe that Geno's not to far off on his assessment of some of the Husky fans.
I don't stay online all the time.It is usually once or twice a week.Sorry the SC players could learn to carry themselves better then they did.I have been following UConn Women since 1986 when they were recruiting Laura Lishness.She was a starting guard for their first FF team.I never use the word we like some of the posters do!I don't make comments about the blowouts.If they lose a game I don't say "what is wrong with them."So don't ever put me in that group because between my playing days and my coaching.I know more about basketball than you could even imagine.Since physically I can't do either anymore because it is hard to stay on my feet.I do scout about 125 games a year to stay involved with the game so am I one of those fans "don't think so!"

Reaction Score
I don't stay online all the time.It is usually once or twice a week.Sorry the SC players could learn to carry themselves better then they did.I have been following UConn Women since 1986 when they were recruiting Laura Lishness.She was a starting guard for their first FF team.I never use the word we like some of the posters do!I don't make comments about the blowouts.If they lose a game I don't say "what is wrong with them."So don't ever put me in that group because between my playing days and my coaching.I know more about basketball than you could even imagine.Since physically I can't do either anymore because it is hard to stay on my feet.I do scout about 125 games a year to stay involved with the game so am I one of those fans "don't think so!"
Now I'm convinced and I'll leave it at that. Next time your online though watch the post game player comments from the Husky's last lost against Stanford and tell me what you think.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Very_Interesting.jpg

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
I think it will be a close call if Russell holds up; SC's potential Achilles is still its backcourt.

I don't understand the logic behind this. Russell has never missed a season due to injury. She missed last season for corrective surgery, which is much different than an injury. It's similar to someone who has bunion surgery and then puts the pain behind them in their rear view mirror. Some here questioned if Russell would even be ready to go this season, but that question should have been answered as she led the WUG team this summer. I guess she'll just have to keep answering those questions.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
If they ever are going to win a NC. This would be the year

SC will be better next season. They'll lose Mitchell, but gain Davis and Gray, which will be the addition of 2 elite level guards with experience and maturity and plenty of game. Wilson will be a junior and Coates a senior. This season, I can see another final 4.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I don't understand the logic behind this. Russell has never missed a season due to injury. She missed last season for corrective surgery, which is much different than an injury. It's similar to someone who has bunion surgery and then puts the pain behind them in their rear view mirror. Some here questioned if Russell would even be ready to go this season, but that question should have been answered as she led the WUG team this summer. I guess she'll just have to keep answering those questions.

"Russell said in June that she's had foot problems for "a couple of years." They were made worse by the length of the collegiate season.

She said the surgery she underwent this spring involved every toe of her right foot. Russell said part of the bone on the first two toes of her right foot was removed and plates were inserted. She said the ligaments of the other three toes also were addressed. The initial prognosis threatened the start of the season but there was no mention of a possible redshirt.""

I don't know if makes me feel better than instead of having an acute injury she had lingering problems over multiple years. I hope it works out for her and she can be totally healthy for 3 years. I would actually love to hear a doctor's explanation re the chances of it working and her feet being 100% healthy for the remainder of her time at Tennessee.

To this layman, though, the facts that she a) needed surgery on every toe of her right foot and b) was originally expected to play last year but ultimately redshirted both raise serious doubts as to her health going forward.

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
"Russell said in June that she's had foot problems for "a couple of years." They were made worse by the length of the collegiate season.

She said the surgery she underwent this spring involved every toe of her right foot. Russell said part of the bone on the first two toes of her right foot was removed and plates were inserted. She said the ligaments of the other three toes also were addressed. The initial prognosis threatened the start of the season but there was no mention of a possible redshirt.""

I don't know if makes me feel better than instead of having an acute injury she had lingering problems over multiple years. I hope it works out for her and she can be totally healthy for 3 years. I would actually love to hear a doctor's explanation re the chances of it working and her feet being 100% healthy for the remainder of her time at Tennessee.

To this layman, though, the facts that she a) needed surgery on every toe of her right foot and b) was originally expected to play last year but ultimately redshirted both raise serious doubts as to her health going forward.

Originally, she was going to have surgery on one foot, play her sophomore year, surgery on the other foot, and then play her junior year. The only reason she red shirted was because the first procedure went so well that she decided to sit out and get the 2nd foot done right away. It wasn't a set back. She also was playing in pain prior to the surgeries, but she wasn't injured. Like I previously commented, some people will live with the pain of bunions for their entire life, while some prefer to have a surgery and eliminate the issue that's causing the pain.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Originally, she was going to have surgery on one foot, play her sophomore year, surgery on the other foot, and then play her junior year. The only reason she red shirted was because the first procedure went so well that she decided to sit out and get the 2nd foot done right away. It wasn't a set back. She also was playing in pain prior to the surgeries, but she wasn't injured. Like I previously commented, some people will live with the pain of bunions for their entire life, while some prefer to have a surgery and eliminate the issue that's causing the pain.

Ah, ok. That wasn't clear from the Go Vols Xtra article I read, which was the best source I could find quickly on her surgery.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I really think that UTenn will be a formidable team this year,
playing a brand of street-ball that suits the talents and disposition of their players
And clearly establishes for all to see, Holly's limitations.

And they'll probably get as far as the Elite-8 again (unless they meet a much more coherent team).

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
some people will live with the pain of bunions for their entire life, while some prefer to have a surgery and eliminate the issue that's causing the pain.
and many do not play college basketball or basketball at all

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I hope Russell's feet/foot hold(s) up. I have never seen anything that ever explained what was wrong and how it was fixed. Some people just have bad feet, like some people have bad knees - the design is off, like a high patella condition that puts undue strain on the patella, breaks down cartilage etc. The foot is complex, full of nerves and full of movement. Large people have problems for obvious reasons. Less than ideal foot design and repetitive stress produces bone deformation, bone spurs, nerve damage and repairs often work for a time only to break down or produce problems elsewhere in the foot. Bad feet have retired a number of NBAers early.

So that is the logic behind the "if" on her feet holding up.

Reaction Score
I really think that UTenn will be a formidable team this year,
playing a brand of street-ball that suits the talents and disposition of their players
And clearly establishes for all to see, Holly's limitations.

And they'll probably get as far as the Elite-8 again (unless they meet a much more coherent team).

Sometimes there are comments that just boggle the mind.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is that I think Florida State should've beaten South Carolina! The region final was there for the taking.

Reaction Score
I'd be interested in an expansion of your view, rather than just belittling mine.
Hard to rationally comment on your post

An expansion of my view would not likely interest the Boneyard, but my history here would indicate an inclination to respond to certain comments. One must wonder, though, if you would have made the streetball reference toward a less racially diverse program? Then to follow up with talk of a coherent team being able to eliminate the streetballers. Interesting choice of words to say the least.

My point in responding to comments such as these is certainly not to belittle the poster, but to make them aware of the possible implications of the comment. There was a comment made by a poster here prior to last season's tournament about a South Carolina player who spoke well. While there were a number of Boneyarders who fully understood where I was coming from, there were others totally in the dark. The comment was probably meant to be a compliment. Unfortunately, it was just the opposite; Totally insulting. Chris Rock provided a very comedic take of similar comments directed toward Colin Powell. Look it up if you feel so inclined.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
An expansion of my view would not likely interest the Boneyard, but my history here would indicate an inclination to respond to certain comments. One must wonder, though, if you would have made the streetball reference toward a less racially diverse program? Then to follow up with talk of a coherent team being able to eliminate the streetballers. Interesting choice of words to say the least.

My point in responding to comments such as these is certainly not to belittle the poster, but to make them aware of the possible implications of the comment. There was a comment made by a poster here prior to last season's tournament about a South Carolina player who spoke well. While there were a number of Boneyarders who fully understood where I was coming from, there were others totally in the dark. The comment was probably meant to be a compliment. Unfortunately, it was just the opposite; Totally insulting. Chris Rock provided a very comedic take of similar comments directed toward Colin Powell. Look it up if you feel so inclined.

I have to say Vau that I don't have a racist bone in my bod
That's why I was bewildered by your ...concern...indignation?
Had no idea what you were referring to.
I admit to naivety, perhaps political incorrectness.

But I was referring to a style of BB...one that I played in the parks of the Bronx and Queens in the 50's and early 60's...and where I played it was mostly unsegregated as were the neighborhoods
(it was only in High School...Music & Art, that I first got to hang and play with folks of color).
The worst aspects of that style of play now are most often seen today in the NBA and have nothing to do with race.

Reaction Score
I have to say Vau that I don't have a racist bone in my bod
That's why I was bewildered by your ...concern...indignation?
Had no idea what you were referring to.
I admit to naivety, perhaps political incorrectness.

But I was referring to a style of BB...one that I played in the parks of the Bronx and Queens in the 50's and early 60's...and where I played it was mostly unsegregated as were the neighborhoods
(it was only in High School...Music & Art, that I first got to hang and play with folks of color).
The worst aspects of that style of play now are most often seen today in the NBA and have nothing to do with race.

A matter of perception.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Funny thing is that I think Florida State should've beaten South Carolina! The region final was there for the taking.

Even funnier is that it should have been South Carolina vs Arizona State in the regional final.... the FSU-ASU sweet 16 game was there for the taking as well....

Now that I think about it.... it really should have been Florida State vs UA-Little Rock in that Sweet 16 matchup.... and could have also been South Carolina vs Ohio State in the opening Sweet 16 matchup oh well :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom