Source: Louisville to ACC | The Boneyard

Source: Louisville to ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
warde has to go

I don't know if I am more annoyed or saddened at the stupidity and blind anger of the anti-Manuel crowd.

Is it Manuel's fault that the UConn football team is a cluster?
Is it Manuel's fault that our basketball team is not able to play in the NCAAs because of the APR?
Is it Manuel's fault that our basketball team is on probation for making too many phone calls to a recruit?
Is it Manuel's fault that Calhoun retired?
Is it Manuel's fault that UConn's research expenditures are not high enough to get it into the AAU?
Is it Manuel's fault that UConn is viewed as being in a small TV market?

You know, if the guy said he is standing with the Big East and not trying to leave, you would have something to bitch about. But he is clearly trying to get us out. You guys complain that a short term contract is killing our recruiting, even though it will probably only affect one signing period. Look at what is killing our chances at getting into the Big10 and ACC!!! If Ollie can't be blamed for not landing recruits because of one little contract, why blame Manuel for not being able to land a conference when his efforts are being killed by at least six factors not in his control. Blame the previous AD, previous university presidents and Calhoun himself for five of those.

Reaction Score
Damn this suxs. Latecomer to the BE selected. We have no rivals, smaller markets, and a group of mid major type schools.

Reminds me of 1978.

Reaction Score
Is the ACC even stable at this point? ACC football still sucks, I bet the football schools are still looking to get out...

Reaction Score
Damn this suxs. Latecomer to the BE selected. We have no rivals, smaller markets, and a group of mid major type schools.

Reminds me of 1978.

Yeah, that is what is most disturbing. UConn has been in the Big East since the beginning and is being looked past for teams that basically came out of CUSA. Would anyone be surprised if Cinci gets out before UConn? I bet the Big12 comes knocking on their door now.

Reaction Score
UConn's difficulty with the ACC precedes both Manuel and Herbst.

So I guess we hope for FSU to bolt to the SEC.

Exactly! I didn't even mention the bad blood between UConn and both BC and Miami. Neither of those are Manuel's fault. Calhoun's burned bridges (with the NCAA, ACC, Miami and BC) are killing us right now.

Reaction Score
Please it's not Calhoun or Manual........who did we say is king? Football guys, would you bring in a program who hired a dinosaur right after they go to an Orange bowl? The football team is not dynamic, wasn't really even when Edsall had some success. I know "we beat Louisville more than they beat us" blah blah blah but it still is not appealing.......Fishy has the right idea.........

Reaction Score
Please it's not Calhoun or Manual........who did we say is king? Football guys, would you bring in a program who hired a dinosaur right after they go to an Orange bowl? The football team is not dynamic, wasn't really even when Edsall had some success. I know "we beat Louisville more than they beat us" blah blah blah but it still is not appealing.......Fishy has the right idea.........

Yes, the state of the football program and our perception as a small TV market are the biggest factors but Calhoun's burned bridges aren't helping.

The most concerning thing is that the ACC did not back fill their two losses with two teams. It really seems like there is something major blocking UConn from getting an invite. What isn't clear is if that will carry on indefinitely and keep us stuck in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Can't wait to hear what Rick Pitino says about this.

This absolutely stinks for UConn. We're going to be left in a mid-major conference. This could be disastrous in the long term. I feel like the red headed step child nobody wants!

Reaction Score

This absolutely stinks for UConn. We're going to be left in a mid-major conference. This could be disastrous in the long term. I feel like the red headed step child nobody wants!

Yup long term impact is huge.. recruiting, scheduling, $$$$

Reaction Score

Louisville, geographically, would be an attractive potential expansion grab for either the Big 12 or sec. Uconn is not. So, the rumor that the ACC jumped at Louisville first....because Uconn has not other options, makes some sense. I guess the Big 10 is a pipe dream.

Reaction Score
We're going to be left in a mid-major conference. This could will be disastrous in the long term.

Fixed your quote there.

There is a very real possibility that we have seen our last championship contender for quite some time. The perfect storm of APR/recruiting violations, retirement of a HOF coach, and collapse of our conference leaves us in a position of weakness on the national stage we haven't experienced in 20+ years.

I know football drives the bus, but don't kid yourself that the fact that we're being routinely passed over doesn't signal to recruits and to the media that we're no longer an attraction.

Reaction Score
This is really, really bad for UConn. Passed over yet again by the ACC.

Reaction Score
Thankfully the NBA (and the Knicks) are entertaining again. This ain't good...

Reaction Score
Big10 is a pipe dream for uconn. Acc will be in football..but will have better bball for at least 10 years then the new BE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom