Sour Grapes? | The Boneyard

Sour Grapes?

Reaction Score
Watching the Tommy Devito thing unfold, I'm reminded of the Bledsoe-Brady scenario, or the Wentz-Foles situation and it brings up a question I've often asked myself: does the former starter want to see his teammate fail?
Bledsoe's face after that first superbowl makes me think that he would've rather the Pats lost.
Is Daniel Jones hoping Devito falls flat and the Giants lose the rest of their games? Or is he rooting for them to make the playoffs without him?

Reaction Score
If the Giants don’t implode the rest of the way, TD will be the starter next year. Doesn’t matter what DJ thinks. BTW, Devito’s agent lives next door to my daughters. He’s a hoot.

Reaction Score
Different scenarios, I think. Bledsoe was the starter. Led the team for a decade. And he was healthy late in the season after suffering a pretty serious injury. Jones isn’t playing and is out for the season. I don’t think Bledsoe wanted Brady to lose. I’d say more he was disappointed after all his time he didn’t get to play. Jones is less invested in the sense that he isn’t being kept out because Devito is playing well. Even if Devito falls flat, Jones can’t go in and save the day!

Reaction Score
If the Giants don’t implode the rest of the way, TD will be the starter next year. Doesn’t matter what DJ thinks. BTW, Devito’s agent lives next door to my daughters. He’s a hoot.
I think the odds of this are very low. These last three games have been fun, but lets be real. Devito has a lower completion %, less yards per game, and lower QBR than Jones on the year. We are a month or so removed from Daboll not letting Devito throw a single pass in the 2h of a game and 2 stinkers against LV and Dallas. Devito has done a GREAT job the last three games of not turning it over which has allowed them to win close, low scoring games against bad teams.

People stupidity went nuts over Josh Dobbs for a few weeks in Minny, now reality has set in.

I don't know who will start next year in NY but I rank Devito 3rd behind, in no particular order, Jones and a rookie QB.

Given the price tag I would love to be wrong and see Devito develop further and this become a Brock Purdy situation.

Reaction Score
I think the odds of this are very low. These last three games have been fun, but lets be real. Devito has a lower completion %, less yards per game, and lower QBR than Jones on the year. We are a month or so removed from Daboll not letting Devito throw a single pass in the 2h of a game and 2 stinkers against LV and Dallas. Devito has done a GREAT job the last three games of not turning it over which has allowed them to win close, low scoring games against bad teams.

People stupidity went nuts over Josh Dobbs for a few weeks in Minny, now reality has set in.

I don't know who will start next year in NY but I rank Devito 3rd behind, in no particular order, Jones and a rookie QB.

Given the price tag I would love to be wrong and see Devito develop further and this become a Brock Purdy situation.
I am more likely to agree with you on 90% these points. I think maybe Devito has earned at least a #1 backup job, but I am not buying all the Lin-sanity esque hype either. You hit the nail on the head with Dobbs. I can name a bunch of qbs who have had 4 good games.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Daniel is just hoping to stick in the league after next season. He knows his time is up in New York.
Jones' acceptance of being a back up QB or worse is certainly cushioned by $81 Million, guarantied, and an NFL pension that fully vests in mid March.

He may have to bide his time, but his NFL ceiling will most likely resemble something between Sam Bradford and Baker Mayfield...not that there is anything wrong with that.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A little early, IMO. Scott Mitchell had a good run too.

Reaction Score
This is a fun story but Tommy Chicken Parm still stinks at quarterbacking...let's be real. When I watch him, I just hope he gets it to someone that can do something with it before he fumbles it or throws it to the other team. What he's done has been fun, but, now that the Giants are out of prime QB draft territory, DJ is probably one of the happiest guys around...not that he's really much of an upgrade over TD. but these Ws are giving him job security

Reaction Score
This is a fun story but Tommy Chicken Parm still stinks at quarterbacking...let's be real. When I watch him, I just hope he gets it to someone that can do something with it before he fumbles it or throws it to the other team. What he's done has been fun, but, now that the Giants are out of prime QB draft territory, DJ is probably one of the happiest guys around...not that he's really much of an upgrade over TD. but these Ws are giving him job security
100%

Reaction Score
This take is a hoot.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think the TD hope was a little too soon. I get wanting your savior to be here now, but...
If DeVito can find himself in the Heinicke neighborhood, he will do very well for himself. At the end of day, he is probably a back up who can spot a start every now and again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom