Sounds like first night was a hit | The Boneyard

Sounds like first night was a hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After reading all the posts about first night and how energetic the fans and players were really got me excited about the start of the season. I live in BC Canada (grew up in Monroe CT) and I am amazed at the number of UConn BB fans I meet here in Canada. Living in BC its hard to get much information on all things UConn. I start my day pouring my coffee and clicking on the Bone Yard. I just want to say thanks to all the dedicated posters that keep guys like me informed. Wish I could have been at first night. My wife and I just ordered some new UConn gear with the new logo and can't wait to show it off.
Thanks again Bone Yard, especially 3uconn, I like your style. Go UConn!!!

Reaction Score
I was on Greek islands with my UConn shirt this summer, and there were Europeans who knew exactly what the school was. They would say, in a thick accent, "UCone, University of/de CONE-etiket." Some Spaniards, a Swede, some Greeks.
As they say here in BC, Good Stuff, Good Stuff...

Reaction Score
I was on Greek islands with my UConn shirt this summer, and there were Europeans who knew exactly what the school was. They would say, in a thick accent, "UCone, University of/de CONE-etiket." Some Spaniards, a Swede, some Greeks.
I was wearing a UConn hat in Athens, Greece and a guy behind the counter in a store told me he played soccer at UConn. I also got a "Go Huskies" on the street. We're big in Hellenic Republic.

Reaction Score
I was wearing a UConn hat in Athens, Greece and a guy behind the counter in a store told me he played soccer at UConn. I also got a "Go Huskies" on the street. We're big in Hellenic Republic.

I played in high school with a Greek guy who went on to play at UConn. He also had an older brother who played as well. His last name is Stavrinidis. I wonder if it could have been him and he moved back to Greece.

Reaction Score
After reading all the posts about first night and how energetic the fans and players were really got me excited about the start of the season. I live in BC Canada (grew up in Monroe CT) and I am amazed at the number of UConn BB fans I meet here in Canada. Living in BC its hard to get much information on all things UConn. I start my day pouring my coffee and clicking on the Bone Yard. I just want to say thanks to all the dedicated posters that keep guys like me informed. Wish I could have been at first night. My wife and I just ordered some new UConn gear with the new logo and can't wait to show it off.
Thanks again Bone Yard, especially 3uconn, I like your style. Go UConn!!!

I can completely relate. I'm a CT native in Colorado. I'm totally obsessed with the Huskies and now the Boneyard. So glad to have found this blog. My wife thinks I have a problem.

Reaction Score
I can completely relate. I'm a CT native in Colorado. I'm totally obsessed with the Huskies and now the Boneyard. So glad to have found this blog. My wife thinks I have a problem.

As a Florida transplant, I can relate. The Yard is my refuge. I love this place and all of the characters in it. Someday, I'd love to have a Boneyard tailgate in which we all go and where name tags with our Boneyard screen names. It would be a great event.

Two years ago I mentioned I'd be going to a football game and I got 3 tailgate invites. Love this place, it feels like home.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
As a Florida transplant, I can relate. The Yard is my refuge. I love this place and all of the characters in it. Someday, I'd love to have a Boneyard tailgate in which we all go and where name tags with our Boneyard screen names. It would be a great event.

Two years ago I mentioned I'd be going to a football game and I got 3 tailgate invites. Love this place, it feels like home.
Not sure this is such a great idea. Some people with good memories might remember those who called them d-bags etc....Gotta love The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
I was in Amsterdam 1 week after our 2011 championship. While waiting to cross the street, I noticed a mother and her 10ish year old son standing right next to me. The son was wearing a Butler hoodie, and I just so happened to be wearing my UConn hoodie. The son looked up and saw my hoodie, got his mothers attention while pointing at me, and they both stared at me. All I could say was "Sorry" with a smile. Then I walk away triumphantly.

Reaction Score
Not sure this is such a great idea. Some people with good memories might remember those who called them d-bags etc....Gotta love The Boneyard.

There's a lot of d-bags on the baseball board (red sox fans lol) but when they come over here they're all family!!:oops:

Reaction Score

We did some B-Yard football tailgates in the early 2000's when they still played on campus. We took over a corner of lot near the hockey rink. We probably had 20 or so. Good times.

Reaction Score

A huge weekend game at Rookies (now Chicago Sam's) in Cromwell.......had this only once before when Deep, suzyq, HuskyCuz, Dove and so many others attended and it was a good time.......

Reaction Score
Greenwood Lane, off of Moose Hill Road near the Shelton line
I grew up in Shelton but my wife lived in Monroe actually attended
Masuk for 7th grade before moving to Shelton.
BC suppose to be nice but we get quite a few Rains/Snowbirds who can't handle rainy season.We genereally don't like Canadians (golf prices go up when they are here) but I'm not sure the OP counts as a Canadian.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
How is Whitney Farms GC these days?
Played there about 6 weeks ago. Only the 3rd time there.
I thought it was in good shape. The practice green was a lot faster than the greens, so it took a lot of adjusting. Plus it was my 1st round with a new driver which took me another 3 rounds to figure out, so I generally sucked. Only one thing worse. My best friend is a Sux fan. He is currently insufferable.

Reaction Score
Played there about 6 weeks ago. Only the 3rd time there.
I thought it was in good shape. The practice green was a lot faster than the greens, so it took a lot of adjusting. Plus it was my 1st round with a new driver which took me another 3 rounds to figure out, so I generally sucked. Only one thing worse. My best friend is a Sux fan. He is currently insufferable.

Your fault for playing with an insufferable a**wipe but other than that thanks for the update........played there back in the day (80's) quite a few times but haven't been there since! Loved the layout back then..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom