Soriano..... | The Boneyard

Soriano.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
2 for 2 already tonight with 6 RBI in the 2nd inning.................

Had 6 rbi last night too...........good bat to add no doubt even with a less than .300 OBP

Reaction Score
2 for 2 already tonight with 6 RBI in the 2nd inning.................

Had 6 rbi last night too...........good bat to add no doubt even with a less than .300 OBP

Another homer and now has 7 RBI tonight. He has the power stroke going right now.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
CASHMAN IS FREAKING GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Reaction Score
He's definitely helped the line-up, but I can't understand how he still doesn't run hard out of he batters box. Two of those home run were wall scrapers and he got thrown out at second yesterday because he hadn't busted it hard out of the box. It bugged me when he did it as a new player, but I can't figure out why he's still making the same mistake at 37.

edit: after watching him have another monster night, I guess he can run to first however the hell he wants.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Soriano's so hot you probably can't stand near him. I have problems hitting a stationary golf ball and he's hitting major league pitching like the ball is sitting on a tee. I'm having trouble remembering anyone with this hot a 5 game stretch. (Of course, these days, I can't remember what I ate for breakfast.) Not a cheap hit in the bunch.

The Yankees record is pretty remarkable given that they had been using half a AAA line up and Sabbathia and Hughes have pretty much sucked. Forgetting A-Rod's issues and just looking at his bat, adding some major league hitters - A-Rod, Soriano, Granderson - makes them a whole different team. Who knows how long it will last, but they aren't dead yet. If Reynolds and Overbay can be an effective platoon and if Jeter can stay healthy this time, they have plenty of time. Also, if Phelps can come back, I'd sit Hughes down. Interesting how the two guys - Hughes and Chamberlain - the Yankees spent several seasons messing with, are so ineffective at the same time. And maybe age is finally catching Mo. Hope not, he deserves to go out on a high.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Soriano's so hot you probably can't stand near him. I have problems hitting a stationary golf ball and he's hitting major league pitching like the ball is sitting on a tee. I'm having trouble remembering anyone with this hot a 5 game stretch. (Of course, these days, I can't remember what I ate for breakfast.) Not a cheap hit in the bunch.

The Yankees record is pretty remarkable given that they had been using half a AAA line up and Sabbathia and Hughes have pretty much sucked. Forgetting A-Rod's issues and just looking at his bat, adding some major league hitters - A-Rod, Soriano, Granderson - makes them a whole different team. Who knows how long it will last, but they aren't dead yet. If Reynolds and Overbay can be an effective platoon and if Jeter can stay healthy this time, they have plenty of time. Also, if Phelps can come back, I'd sit Hughes down. Interesting how the two guys - Hughes and Chamberlain - the Yankees spent several seasons messing with, are so ineffective at the same time. And maybe age is finally catching Mo. Hope not, he deserves to go out on a high.

WFAN played a Sterling quip after a Soriano hit or homer..."BREAK OUT THE ASBESTOS!! Soriano is really hot!!" Cringing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Soriano is clearly juicing. The comfort factor juicers feel as a Yank is contributing to his hot streak.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Soriano is clearly juicing. The comfort factor juicers feel as a Yank is contributing to his hot streak.

Now that he's back in the American League, perhaps he has more ready access to Big Papi's pharmacist.

Reaction Score

He could be but who cares......we all got'em so why not. Just wish someone took that ugly look off loudmouths puss yesterday on the mound with a line drive. Ask him how he feels about Papi's 440 footer - ya think our pitchers deserve something back? It's basabol......Funny .........

Reaction Score
He could be but who cares......we all got'em so why not. Just wish someone took that ugly look off loudmouths puss yesterday on the mound with a line drive. Ask him how he feels about Papi's 440 footer - ya think our pitchers deserve something back? It's basabol......Funny .........
For what it's worth, his HR yesterday was measured at 412, not 440.
412 is far, but not crazy far. Jeter had 3 that were longer last year when he was 37.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, his HR yesterday was measured at 412, not 440.
412 is far, but not crazy far. Jeter had 3 that were longer last year when he was 37.

But he wasn't on the list Vike!!! Sorry nice try........he's a cheater just like ARod and Manny get it through that thick skull!

Reaction Score
But he wasn't on the list Vike!!! Sorry nice try........he's a cheater just like ARod and Manny get it through that thick skull!
You don't know that. The full list was never put out. There are plenty of players on the list whose names weren't released.

Reaction Score
You don't know that. The full list was never put out. There are plenty of players on the list whose names weren't released.

The big names were leaked, Papi being one of them. If Jeter was on it I PROMISE we would know.............

Not saying he never did anything just saying not on that list......nothing is impossible I agree

Reaction Score
Soriano- AL Player of the week, and what a week he had! Batted .484, 5 homers, and 18 RBI's.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In the 8 games with the Yankees before ARoid showed up with his cache of vials and clear drops Soriano hit .241 with 1 homer in 29 at bats.

Since ARoid showed up 13 games ago Soriano has hit .339 with 7 home runs and 22 rbi.

:oops:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Now that he's back in the American League, perhaps he has more ready access to Big Papi's pharmacist.

I have a good friend from the Boston area who is a Sux fan through and through. When he brings up ARoid, I ask why Ortiz used to be known as Tiny Papi. Sux fans love them their own juicers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom