Songs You Associate with UConn Basketball | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Songs You Associate with UConn Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Starting a Spotify Playlist for Gameday Songs, wanted to poll the yard for songs you associate with UConn Basketball. My list so far:

All of the Lights Remix
Written in the Stars
quote]

I find this hilarious, because I know these 2 are from the great videos of 2011 highlights. I can't believe you didnt throw in B.o.B. - Beast Mode. I recall that one being in a pretty great Kemba mix, I think it was called "Kemba Walker: Beast Mode"

Reaction Score
I forget what tournament game it was (perhaps the first round game with Chattannooga), but the guys were yelling after each dunk and were saying stuff like "dunk that ". I'd take the audio clips and remix it into a song ....

Reaction Score
So I think that they're still using those same techno songs from 1992 in gampel and XL, at the start of games when everyone stands... its so horrible and feels lame whenever I have the chance to go to games. Would everyone else agree that a petition needs to be started for the UConn athletics family to update the playlist?

Its "we like to party", the 6 flags ad song, darude-sandstorm, its all so played and old school. I think Levels by Avicii needs to be the new pump up song because let's be honest, a lot of the songs they play were recorded before our current players were born (or at least around that time)

Reaction Score
I forget what tournament game it was (perhaps the first round game with Chattannooga), but the guys were yelling after each dunk and were saying stuff like "dunk that ". I'd take the audio clips and remix it into a song ....

I could be wrong about where to find it, but I believe it is the Chattanooga game, which on youtube is called "the stanley robinson show". It featured Robinson and the silverback himself Jeff Adrien yelling "block that !" "Get that !" at full volume into the microphones under the hoop on consecutive plays. Such a great clip of the terrifying interior D that team provided. Who would want to face up with Thabeet/Adrien/Robinson in the paint for a game? (Other than Dejuan Blair..)

Reaction Score
Back when I was a student 96-00... the civic center at the start of the 2nd half i believe would play the cheers/we will rock you melee.

Did it the first couple years of my era too (2001-06). I remember it more at Gampel. Was always a big fan of it.

Reaction Score
Ok, so who is going to take it upon themselves to find the "UConn?..... it's AMAZING!" Emeka video that was equally horrible

Reaction Score
I watched this video so many times that I now associate the song with Uconn Basketball. It has a triumphant sound to it.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone mentioned this one...I quickly skimmed this thread, but anyone remember the What I Like About UConn song that was based off the song What I Like About You by The Romantics. I thought there were two versions of this for different years, but I might be wrong.

I know people have asked where they can download the song, but I can't recall if anyone ever provided a link or a place to download it.

Now with Rakim the Rock arriving next season, I'm sure we'll hear plenty of We Will We Will Rock You! when he walks onto the floor...or maybe a medley of Rocky Songs. :)

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
LMAO because this is basically all they played at the festivities right outside the union after we won in 2011

also because it's all we duckin do!

Reaction Score
I played H.A.M. by Jay-Z and Kanye West before every game during our Championship (Big East & NCAAT) run in 2011 - Just throwin' that out there

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

I believe they played this before the Texas game in 2010?

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone mentioned this one...I quickly skimmed this thread, but anyone remember the What I Like About UConn song that was based off the song What I Like About You by The Romantics. I thought there were two versions of this for different years, but I might be wrong.

I know people have asked where they can download the song, but I can't recall if anyone ever provided a link or a place to download it.

Now with Rakim the Rock arriving next season, I'm sure we'll hear plenty of We Will We Will Rock You! when he walks onto the floor...or maybe a medley of Rocky Songs. :)

The original version of "What I like about UCONN" came out late in the dream season 1989/90. It's used on VCR highlight tape I have that CBT produced. Dogmania - I brought it to your place eons ago....we watched it with Hooperscooper.

thats what i like about uconn
they're connecticut's team
they're a big bad, lean mean
fighting machine
smith, george, sellers and depriest
they're the class of the whole big east
yes it's true
that's what I like about uconn....

something like that....my memory is hazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom