Somewhat OT: Rutgers and Army move Yankee Stadium game to West Point | The Boneyard

Somewhat OT: Rutgers and Army move Yankee Stadium game to West Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Playing at Army's stadium in the fall has to be one of the most scenic venues in the county, so no big deal to me except that there maybe a few less Rutgers football fans there. Plus, the Rutgers player quote is right, Yankee Stadium is a baseball stadium and it's sight lines were not designed for any other sport. Plus, with a MLS team moving into the stadium for the spring and summer, the groundskeepers are likely worried about ruining the gass with a lot more traffic.

Reaction Score
Smart move. Michie Stadium is beautifully tucked away on the academy grounds with a gorgeous view across the Hudson Valley. It's one of my favorite places to see a game. The UConn-Army game at Yankee Stadium was fun as a one time thing, but I wouldn't want to go back. We sat in the bleachers so we had good corner end zone sight lines for a reasonable price, but it was absurd that the prime seats (or at least most expensive ones) near the foul poles were so far from the field.

Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with the attendance from the fans of the school that isn't Army in these games, this is 100% on Army fans and casual CFB fans in the Bronx not caring for the games. We could send 20,000 and Army just won't keep their end of the bargain.

You guys experienced the same thing.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Lets play Rutgers at Yankees Stadium and see who is correct...

Reaction Score
Good move on Rutgers' part, I'd say. Great stadium.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Playing at Yankee Stadium is a huge step down from playing at West Point.

Playing at Yankee Stadium is playing in New York City for the sole purpose of saying that you're playing in New York City.

All Army accomplishes there is allowing thousands of opposing fans to horn in on their "home" game.

Reaction Score
Playing at Yankee Stadium is a huge step down from playing at West Point.

Playing at Yankee Stadium is playing in New York City for the sole purpose of saying that you're playing in New York City.

All Army accomplishes there is allowing thousands of opposing fans to horn in on their "home" game.

The "exposure" argument never made sense to me. Please no more games at Yankee unless it's against ND or something. Horrible venue for football. The novelty is gone. Shark has been jumped. And the "exposure" is a fantasy in Spackler's mind. Enough.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The "exposure" argument never made sense to me. Please no more games at Yankee unless it's against ND or something. Horrible venue for football. The novelty is gone. Shark has been jumped. And the "exposure" is a fantasy in Spackler's mind. Enough.

I never understood it from Army's perspective.

I understood it from UConn's....Army wants to move their home game from their campus to a neutral site? And it's in New York City? Sure, sign us up.

But I don't know what Army got out of the deal and the fact that they've decided to move the Rutgers game leads me to believe that the answer was nothing.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I never understood it from Army's perspective.

I understood it from UConn's....Army wants to move their home game from their campus to a neutral site? And it's in New York City? Sure, sign us up.

But I don't know what Army got out of the deal and the fact that they've decided to move the Rutgers game leads me to believe that the answer was nothing.
They got an easy win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog