Someone help me understand.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Someone help me understand....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
After her 4th foul her brother came over and told me to leave his sister alone. I told him that she's a basketball player today and not his sister and that I treat opposing WBB players the same way I treat opposing MBB players.

Fun fact: one of Tech's players on that team was Susan Walvius, who was later our coach at USC.

I'm curious - how did the brother respond to your comment?

Reaction Score
Case in point... :)

Not to put too fine a point on it... play the "flip game" for the next 24hrs - substitute white for black, Christian for Muslim, man for woman, gay for straight, etc.... what do you notice?

Did I accidently change the channel or plug into the wrong socket? This is still the BY?
It's the flip game alright--it flipped me out! Can you say," Is it me or what?."
Maybe I am the oddball, but The Golden Rule pretty much covers it for me and my favorite game is WBB.

Reaction Score
It "sounds" nice, but it means, "what an idiot"!
Yeah, we all know that, but it's still fun to watch grandma say it. Little kid time we all thought it was her way of sticking up for us when M&P got mad at us. Now I know it was a show of solidarity with them. Still laughing.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
One kind of measurement could include testimonials from outstanding pro players who did not play for him.
When put together with Geno at US Olympics, Elena DD said.
"The way he breaks things down and teaches the game. It's amazing".

My fav from this summer from EDD was:

"But he kind of explains things in a different way. And it’s been great. I feel like he’s the sun and I’m just trying to soak in all that knowledge. It’s been fun.

“I’m thrilled that I’m able to have him as my coach right now.”

http://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2015/10/delle-donne-fits-in-with-the-best.aspx

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Permit me to add two apparent effects of "Geno's rules" (enforced by CD). I do not recall:
- ever hearing a UConn player, in an on-air or published interview, utter a disparaging remark about another team, player, coach, or game officials; or,
- ever seeing a UConn player draw a "T" because of a confrontation with a referee.​
It's not a coincidence.

Reaction Score
Pat Summitt was a great coach but even she back in around 2009-2011 recruited 4 players 6'2" and NO PG! She then had to go to a JC player, 5'1," (can't remember her name), and they haven't been back to FF since 2008!
Having a spouse with dementia I can tell you that it is completely plausible that Pat was being marginally impaired at that time with the early onset of her bout with Alzheimers. Given her stature and tenure and it being before her diagnosis it's highly unlikely that anyone and certainly not Warlick could talk her out of some of her choices. Just a thought because the timing seems to fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom