Some Perspective | The Boneyard

Some Perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Texas has a lot more talent than us, they have a co-OC who HuskyfanDan wants as the next UConn coach and a co-OC who calls the plays, Brian Harsin, who came from Boise State.

Yet here's what a Texas fan has to say about their team:

You are going to get very angry watching the OU/Texas game. Texas is going to lose. It kills me to write this.....but it is true. We can't let the inevitable ruin our weekend. Let's go ahead and address the issues that will upset us in advance, vent now, come to terms with these problems and move past them before the game even starts.

1. Texas will run the jumbo package far too often. This will telegraph an obvious run play to OU and we'll see a plethora of 1 & 2 yard runs by Bergeron on 1st & 2nd down. Ash will have to deal with 3rd and long throughout the game because of this. You could put a gun to the head of Harsin's children and it still wouldn't stop this from happening. I know it sucks. Scream now. Punch a hole in the wall. Embrace the inevitable.

(http://tuxedoyoda.blogspot.com/2012/10/time-for-texas-fan-pre-game-cleansing.html). He lists 9 other failures, all attributable to bad coaching.

The problems we are complaining about are not uncommon in college football. Some schools overcome them with superior talent. We don't have superior talent (on offense) so the mediocre coaching stands out.

The most important measure of college coaching is: does the team progress. Every team should. We'll find out over our next 6 games if the UConn offense does.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Texas has a lot more talent than us, they have a co-OC who HuskyfanDan wants as the next UConn coach and a co-OC who calls the plays, Brian Harsin, who came from Boise State.

Yet here's what a Texas fan has to say about their team:

(http://tuxedoyoda.blogspot.com/2012/10/time-for-texas-fan-pre-game-cleansing.html). He lists 9 other failures, all attributable to bad coaching.

The problems we are complaining about are not uncommon in college football. Some schools overcome them with superior talent. We don't have superior talent (on offense) so the mediocre coaching stands out.

The most important measure of college coaching is: does the team progress. Every team should. We'll find out over our next 6 games if the UConn offense does.

fire applewhite! hire mcnulty.

note-my pick changes every 20-30 minutes based on a new name i hear and read about:p

i'm going home gonna load my shotgun!

Reaction Score
You do realize that for something like an interview hiring process to happen - that somebody actually needs to be looking to hire somebody for a job, and somebody else actually has to be interested in interviewing/taking the job?

We're a long way off from that, Dan. Only reason I posted McNulty's name, was because if you're looking for a profile of a coach, that probably fits what we need at UConn, that's a guy that fits a profile, as far as I see it. If you really are serious, the profile is more important than the name right now. There are a lot more out there that fit the profile.

For now - we're 3-3, with what has been a very inept runnign offense. THe passing offense is improving from where it was last year. The offense needs to demonstrate progress overall. Defense and Special teams have demonstrated progress. We need to get it together and win games. We need to finish better than 5-7 this year. We need to win games.

If we don't, everybody's that b*tching right now, is most likely going to get exactly what they're begging for. If we do win games, then we'll need to show more progress next year in 2013.

FOr me - the goal is a regular competing program for conference titles and a regular top 25 team. We are a coherent, effective offense away from it right now.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
fire applewhite! hire mcnulty.

note-my pick changes every 20-30 minutes based on a new name i hear and read about:p

i'm going home gonna load my shotgun!

More cowbell

Reaction Score
Texas scores about 47 points a game so far this year. The problem with Harsin is what again?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Texas scores about 47 points a game so far this year. The problem with Harsin is what again?

The problem is obvious, isn't it??? They run too much jumbo package!!

(I'm just kidding; that comment was the original comment from the Longhorn fan, referenced by PJ)

Reaction Score
Perspective in moderation is OK. Too much, and it means you just ain't gettin it done. We have too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom