some of you need to put down the pitchforks and get realistic | Page 2 | The Boneyard

some of you need to put down the pitchforks and get realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

storrsbred1

You know what? No. I'm not being unrealistic. In two seasons, P has ruined any college football equity we built the past decade. This is unacceptable.

If we have die hard fans ready to turn in season tickets, what do you think casual fans are doing? Signing 3 year commitments?

If UConn is serious about playing FBS Football, there will be a coaching change this offseason.

A bad hire can bury a program for years - enough damage has already been done. Its time to cut our losses and start digging oursleves out of this mess.

I mentioned that economics are the power play in these kinds of situations in another thread. Additionally, if anyone thinks a bad hire doesn't ruin programs, take a look at Cuse, where someone we know did a real job on them. It has taken years to for them to get to mediocrity after going through several coaches. Will they ever recover? Will UConn?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We collected what we need in Fecunditying exit fees from the departing schools.
Bingo. It needs to happen and its not for some reason. Its eating me alive.

Reaction Score
Bingo. It needs to happen and its not for some reason. Its eating me alive.

Just give up on it happening during the season. It's not. We could lose each remaining game by an exponentially increasing margin from the Cuse game and it wouldn't happen.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Just give up on it happening during the season. It's not. We could lose each remaining game by an exponentially increasing margin from the Cuse game and it wouldn't happen.
Then as a good ad give us some sign or somethin that better days are ahead. Dont go waldo on us.

Reaction Score
Then as a good ad give us some sign or somethin that better days are ahead. Dont go waldo on us.

Public statements are amateurish. Do the work, replace the staff. Act like a professional.
If we're without a press release announcing P's termination on December 3, I'll take the pitchfork from you and thrust it into Warde's fat gut.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Public statements are amateurish. Do the work, replace the staff. Act like a professional.
If we're without a press release announcing P's termination on December 3, I'll take the pitchfork from you and thrust it into Warde's fat gut.
Fair enough i guess. I would like somethin from him but i see ur point. 40+ days is a long ass time of this .

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think firing P now is the way to go. It would give the program a jolt. The next game becomes winable with P and GDL gone.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
As much as we'd all love to see P gone, there exists a real possibility that we don't have the means to do so. KO is coming pretty cheap this year, but I'm pretty sure we're still paying Calhoun some money for a year or two, not to mention we've just tapped our donors for the Basketball Development Center. Unless a donor is willing to pony up the buy out it's possible that we're stuck with P for another year or two regardless of his performance. I doubt the state budget has a million dollars sloshing around to pick up this incidental expense. I'm hopeful this will be his last season but I think the calls for him to be gone before our next game are a little unrealistic. Some of you seem to think Warde Manuel walks around with bags of money to fire and hire whoever he wants whenever he wants.

Raise season ticket packages by $50.00 for one year. Say we sell 18,000, that's 900K right there. I'll step up and pay $300 more and bring 5 fans who may not be able to cover the nut with me.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I think firing P now is the way to go. It would give the program a jolt. The next game becomes winable with P and GDL gone.
And it gives us a better shot potentially recruiting wise depending on how and who takes roles.

Reaction Score
He already gave a vote of confidence (as lukewarm as it was). It's unreasonable to expect WM to comment after every game.

Reaction Score
Here's what's troubling. My wife said "why are we thinking of wasting our money heading to the USF game. If we had gone to Syracuse, I would not have been happy"
She's as gung-ho as you get so when she is sensing the forlorn nature of the program and questioning our participation, though merely a microcosm, it foretells big problems ahead.

Reaction Score
I think pitchforks are cheap. Everyone should buy a couple.

You need to see that it's cheaper in the long run to let P go now.

Reaction Score
He already gave a vote of confidence (as lukewarm as it was). It's unreasonable to expect WM to comment after every game.

Certainly, you see that a great deal has transpired between then and now.

Reaction Score
If the funding for buying out P's contract is an issue, maybe the BY can assist the process by having volunteers with buckets by each gate and patrolling all the parking lots at the Rent asking for donations like many charities do.

Reaction Score
we invested a lot of money to play big boy football. u can either pony up another million or 2 to keep that invest going in the right direction, or u can tap out and watch the whole thing go down the drain. your choice.

Is it the school or the boosters that this is aimed at?

Reaction Score
The thing about this fan base is: if you hired Nick Saban and doubled ticket prices attendance would go down.

Reaction Score
After reading all of the complaints over the last week or two I wonder if we'd be better off in the MAC. You know if we end up in the B1G we'll probably have a lot of losing seasons, and it seems this fanbase would handle consistent 8-9 win MAC seasons a lot better than consistent 5-6 win seasons in the B1G. Obviously none of us are happy with the season, but some of the temper tantrums and hissy fits that have been on display are down right embarrassing.

Reaction Score
After reading all of the complaints over the last week or two I wonder if we'd be better off in the MAC. You know if we end up in the B1G we'll probably have a lot of losing seasons, and it seems this fanbase would handle consistent 8-9 win MAC seasons a lot better than consistent 5-6 win seasons in the B1G. Obviously none of us are happy with the season, but some of the temper tantrums and hissy fits that have been on display are down right embarrassing.
I'm not so sure the Mac is as easy as u thing. Northern ill n Toledo. Direction Michigans have good wins

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Huskymedic is right from the other thread, Pasqualoni has a big salary and small buyout, making him relatively cheap to fire.

Reaction Score
If Huskymedic is right from the other thread, Pasqualoni has a big salary and small buyout, making him relatively cheap to fire.

I just posted weeks ago the contract. I have seen numerous opinions on what the cost of a buy-out may be but nothing concrete. That's what HR folk and lawyers are for... If I happens, it will be negotiated and done professionally. This will not turn into a show like the season or this board has.

Reaction Score
I thought someone had found that the buy out today was 1 million, going down to 850k or so after Jan1, and then 650k or so the following year. Incrementally the difference between today, after Jan1, and after the following year, are all relatively small, but that doesn't mean it's easy to get the cash ASAP. We just tapped our donors quite a bit for the BBall center, and I know if I had a million or so to donate, I think I'd rather put it towards a BBall center, than to fire a coach, as you have something lasting to point at and there's no guarantee P's replacement will do any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom