some of you need to put down the pitchforks and get realistic | The Boneyard

some of you need to put down the pitchforks and get realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As much as we'd all love to see P gone, there exists a real possibility that we don't have the means to do so. KO is coming pretty cheap this year, but I'm pretty sure we're still paying Calhoun some money for a year or two, not to mention we've just tapped our donors for the Basketball Development Center. Unless a donor is willing to pony up the buy out it's possible that we're stuck with P for another year or two regardless of his performance. I doubt the state budget has a million dollars sloshing around to pick up this incidental expense. I'm hopeful this will be his last season but I think the calls for him to be gone before our next game are a little unrealistic. Some of you seem to think Warde Manuel walks around with bags of money to fire and hire whoever he wants whenever he wants.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we invested a lot of money to play big boy football. u can either pony up another million or 2 to keep that invest going in the right direction, or u can tap out and watch the whole thing go down the drain. your choice.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
As much as we'd all love to see P gone, there exists a real possibility that we don't have the means to do so. KO is coming pretty cheap this year, but I'm pretty sure we're still paying Calhoun some money for a year or two, not to mention we've just tapped our donors for the Basketball Development Center. Unless a donor is willing to pony up the buy out it's possible that we're stuck with P for another year or two regardless of his performance. I doubt the state budget has a million dollars sloshing around to pick up this incidental expense. I'm hopeful this will be his last season but I think the calls for him to be gone before our next game are a little unrealistic. Some of you seem to think Warde Manuel walks around with bags of money to fire and hire whoever he wants whenever he wants.
It's more fiscally responsible to fire P now. Keeping him will cost us more. Much more.

Reaction Score
P has put this program in a nosedive and he doesn't have the ability to turn this around.

He has an irate fanbase, parents of the players wanting him out and his team stopped playing for him in the second half last night.

Other than saving some cash UCONN admin. has to get this thing pointed back in the right direction.

The talk of us going to a "power" conference has all but left the building with this sicking display of a season.

This gereatric staff will have a harder and harder time pulling in the recruits necessary to move this forward.- ugly style of play and program going in the very wrong direction.

Better for the AD and admin. to take their hit now cough up the cash and FIRE P and his program wreckers.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You know what? No. I'm not being unrealistic. In two seasons, P has ruined any college football equity we built the past decade. This is unacceptable.

If we have die hard fans ready to turn in season tickets, what do you think casual fans are doing? Signing 3 year commitments?

If UConn is serious about playing FBS Football, there will be a coaching change this offseason.

A bad hire can bury a program for years - enough damage has already been done. Its time to cut our losses and start digging oursleves out of this mess.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
You know what? No. I'm not being unrealistic. In two seasons, P has ruined any college football equity we built the past decade. This is unacceptable.

If we have die hard fans ready to turn in season tickets, what do you think casual fans are doing? Signing 3 year commitments?

If UConn is serious about playing FBS Football, there will be a coaching change this offseason.

A bad hire can bury a program for years - enough damage has already been done. Its time to cut our losses and start digging oursleves out of this mess.

Preach it sister

Reaction Score
Don't you read the papers? $1 million is NOTHING in this state. Look at that dude running community colleges passing out raises like it was monopoly money. Granted he got caught but that was pure luck. The ongoing waste, fraud and abuse in this state is mindboggling. Paying $1M to say bye-bye to PP is chump change and will pay for itself in the form of increased ticket sales, etc.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Not sure if you fire PP you pay anything. Don't know if there is a buy out.

Realistically, PP will not be fired, if that is the case, until after the season is over.

I agree that the cost of keeping him past this season is much more than they cost of firing him.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you fire PP you pay anything. Don't know if there is a buy out.

Realistically, PP will not be fired, if that is the case, until after the season is over.

I agree that the cost of keeping him past this season is much more than they cost of firing him.

From what I remember, he does have a buyout, but nothing crazy.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Firing P pays for itself in ticket sales. There won't be any if they bring him back.
Gonna find ourselves back at Memorial, ahhhh,Memorial! The good ole days.

Reaction Score
The sooner P is fired the sooner our new coach can get recruiting.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
lower ticket sales will hasten his departure

and we must have an increase in fundraising since Hathaway's departure

where's Burton?

Reaction Score
I started another thread about what I think we realistically could do over the next 2 weeks. There's 4 games left. Why give up? Seniors put in too much time to go out like this.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I started another thread about what I think we realistically could do over the next 2 weeks. There's 4 games left. Why give up? Seniors put in too much time to go out like this.
I can live with him being fired immediately after the season.

Reaction Score
Money will not be in issue in firing PP. Burton would write that check today.

Reaction Score
As much as we'd all love to see P gone, there exists a real possibility that we don't have the means to do so. KO is coming pretty cheap this year, but I'm pretty sure we're still paying Calhoun some money for a year or two, not to mention we've just tapped our donors for the Basketball Development Center. Unless a donor is willing to pony up the buy out it's possible that we're stuck with P for another year or two regardless of his performance. I doubt the state budget has a million dollars sloshing around to pick up this incidental expense. I'm hopeful this will be his last season but I think
the calls for him to be gone before our next game are a little unrealistic. Some of you seem to think Warde Manuel walks around with bags of money to fire and hire whoever he wants whenever he wants.

Give it up. If this were a prize fight, it would be stopped before the batter fighter suffered irreparable damage. That what PP is doing to the program.

Reaction Score

If UConn is serious about playing FBS Football, there will be a coaching change this offseason

Well said.

Reaction Score
We collected what we need in exit fees from the departing schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom