Some Clarification from the Courant | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Some Clarification from the Courant

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That's what I hypothesized last night, Chief pooh-pooh'd it.

nothing would shock me anymore.

Hangers on like that are obvious choices of malfeascence

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
We finished under .500 last season and we are at a weak 11-9 this year and yet we are getting investigated for recruiting violations. Anyone who says Ollie should remain after this season seriously needs to take a look at where our program is right now.

This was the death blow. He's not worth this headache like Jimmy C, Jimmy B, and others (like probably Izzo) are.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Players we didn't get who also have strange trajectories makes me think of Heron and Waters immediately. Who'd be the external source? Who knows...maybe the Auburn assistant who had knowledge of recruitment of Heron and squealed? Literally guessing

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If we did not get them, then there was tampering connected with other schools as well.

Names that come to mind:

Diallo
Carey
MAL

Wishful thinking, but perhaps we are helping with a bigger investigation, and we broke the story because we will not be punished.

There’s wishful thinking and then there’s your theory which is hovering about a thousand miles over the plausibity line.

Reaction Score
Quite a roller coaster over the last six hours. I first heard the news this morning and thought it was bad, then as the morning progressed and more details came out I felt better and thought it was something minor. Now I'm back to thinking we're effed and that this has be related to Wilson; the "external source" has got to be St. John's.

This immunity thing seems surreal, why doesn't the NCAA use this all the time? Oh, because this is another round of "Let's screw UConn as much as we possibly can" and the NCAA will arbitrarily use it and then arbitrarily punish us.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Players we didn't get who also have strange trajectories makes me think of Heron and Waters immediately. Who'd be the external source? Who knows...maybe the Auburn assistant who had knowledge of recruitment of Heron and squealed? Literally guessing
Heron wasn’t even recruited here, he committed to Pitt his sophomore year of HS. And then Auburn shortly after.

Waters makes sense, call it a Hail Mary attempt to land him. His recruitment was so strange. Remember WKU came out of nowhere? Then wants Duke, the keys to Uconn, and then a week later he commits to LSU. Odd.

Reaction Score
Sad state of the program regardless of what happens here. Just not fun to watch these last 4 years. The constant excuse after another, mis-management of almost every phase of the program, etc etc. Wake me when this nightmare is over.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
This seems ridiculously unethical. Is that even legal? "Oh you had other recruiting violations? We don't care about those, we want to purposely single out UConn. " If that's the case, there has to be legal action the university could take.

LOL it's the NCAA. They are judge, jury and executioner. They do whatever they want

Reaction Score
upload_2018-1-26_14-8-53.jpeg

Well, it appears that we may not have to worry about any 10 million buyout. So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
This seems ridiculously unethical. Is that even legal? "Oh you had other recruiting violations? We don't care about those, we want to purposely single out UConn. " If that's the case, there has to be legal action the university could take.

In the original tweet, Wolken wrote:

"Sounds like more possible immunity used by NCAA?"

So he's also working off (perhaps informed) speculation, not facts. This is important context for his comments that follow.

Reaction Score
Seriously between Nate Miles not playing a second for UConn and some if not all of these potential recruits not even playing for us, you can't make it up.

If you're going to cheat, get some production out of it for god sakes.

Reaction Score
By the way, does Ollie always hand off his half-time interviews to his assistants? I notice it was Chillous taking the questions from Rothstein. Was KO in hiding because he knew this was hovering and didn't want any questions?

Probably not, but who knows.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We finished under .500 last season and we are at a weak 11-9 this year and yet we are getting investigated for recruiting violations. Anyone who says Ollie should remain after this season seriously needs to take a look at where our program is right now.

I don't think you would find even the most ardent KO supporter (me for example) who will say KO should remain if anything comes of any of this stuff. With all the 1/2 truths and innuendos and speculation flying around you just can't make that determination accurately yet. But it doesnt look good. Its his watch. We will see.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom