So who is this kid Ionescu? | The Boneyard

So who is this kid Ionescu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As usual, I'm behind the times. I'd seen an article that said she'd been added to the international team and thought nothing of it. Then she comes through big-time in a game or two and BYers who follow this sort of thing are talking. I went to a video collage of her and was pretty impressed. Does anyone know how far up the UConn radar screen she is and whether she has any interest in UConn?

Reaction Score
Sabrina Ionescu came out of nowhere last year to make the USA basketball team. She was only 1 of 2 uninvited to make the team. She has it all. She can play the point, or 2 guard. At 5'11 she is big enough and quick enough to take the ball to the hole. Also, from what I understand is she loves to play D, and can guard 3 positions. She is supposed to be a VERY well rounded baller. I know Geno likes her, but I couldn't tell you
how much interest she has in UCONN. We did have one of the best baller's of all time come to UCONN from Cal., so we will keep our fingers crossed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She seems to play hard a la Kelly Faris.

She was off the radar about 15 months ago and "blew up" to the point that HG has her rated at #3 overall.

Geno likes her enough to have flown across the country to see her.

She lives in the East Bay area. I hope she doesn't want to go to school in Palo Alto.

Reactions: HGN

HGN

Reaction Score
She seems to play hard a la Kelly Faris.

She was off the radar about 15 months ago and "blew up" to the point that HG has her rated at #3 overall.

Geno likes her enough to have flown across the country to see her.

She lives in the East Bay area. I hope she doesn't want to go to school in Palo Alto.
Milford, you and me both would hate for her to settle in Palo Alto... Or somewhere in Indiana. Would hate to have to play against her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Milford, you and me both would hate for her to settle in Palo Alto... Or somewhere in Indiana. Would hate to have to play against her.
A pox on you for even thinking of Indiana! :)

Reactions: HGN

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Incidentally, the last report was that Ionescu had offers from 21 schools.

Reaction Score
Nice company...........Exposure creates more exposure...........UCONN is the biggest nbame in WCBB and maybe all WBB............

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
When I watched this girl play UCONN immediately came to mind. I bet Geno would love to have her. She seems to have all of the "UCONN qualities."

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
One of the nice things about USA Basketball is that, test, there's an invited list, but coaches can nominate players to the camps. Helps the hidden gems get found....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom