So who do we want to play against? | The Boneyard

So who do we want to play against?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Syracuse or Washington. I'm leaning toward Washington cause they were seated 7th and then it would be Huskies V Huskies.

Reaction Score
Well, Oregon State beat UW in their two meetings this season, so UConn could logically beat them even more handily than they did Oregon State tonight. Furthermore, Syracuse beat UW on a neutral court (Las Vegas) earlier this season and of course is the higher seed.

But it's a tough call because basically both teams are current on hot streaks and playing at a much higher level than they were all season.

I say UConn wins big regardless of which opponent. It's really a matter of which "style" of win you want. And I think a game vs. Syracuse might be a little more physical, emotional, and scrappy. Whereas a game against UW will be more a clean, cruise control type victory.

I do think, however, UW's Plum has the best shot at putting up a valiant and relatively effective individual performance against UConn.

Reaction Score
I've said once before this needs to be an all Husky final :) Not that i'm bitter about Cuse (I really am)... but they denied Stewies homecoming.... Well the FF is our home court... they had their chance :p

Reaction Score
Syracuse or Washington. I'm leaning toward Washington cause they were seated 7th and then it would be Huskies V Huskies.

I can't believe there is any debate on this. I want Syracuse so Breanna and Geno get payback for Hillsman's refusal to allow a game in Syracuse for Breanna. I want Breanna to go off for 40 and UCONN to win by 50!

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I want UW.
Need west coast team in finals so we can show off how bad our regular Pac12 refs are.
Washington has no bench, so any foul trouble and they are toast.

Reaction Score
I can't believe there is any debate on this. I want Syracuse so Breanna and Geno get payback for Hillsman's refusal to allow a game in Syracuse for Breanna. I want Breanna to go off for 40 and UCONN to win by 50!
So if we play Syracuse who does D-Mac root for?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and because local talent Desiree Elmore is going to Syracuse... something special to build on

Reaction Score
Nerdy word play alert: this isn't a matter of "pick your poison" but rather "pick your prey"!

lol, j/k...I amuse myself TOO much.

You're all going to think I'm lying, but when I posted up top earlier that Plum had the best shot at a formidable performance against UConn, I immediately thought of Talia Walton and that she could make me eat those words! She sure is stepping up this game! Anyway, UW has some catching up to do if either Plum or Walton gets to face UConn.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
McNabb went to Syracuse and is married to Raquel Nurse. He roots for Syracuse and hopes his niece plays well.
seems that people dont understand that Donovan went to Syracuse, do people even know who he is since they dont watch anything but UConn womens basketball
mcnabb_college.jpg

Reaction Score
My sentiments exactly. I want a 70-80 point BEATDOWN for dissing Breanna and denying her her homecoming. Can't imagine the gull of 'Cuse to do that to the Great One!

Reaction Score
My sentiments exactly. I want a 70-80 point BEATDOWN for dissing Breanna and denying her her homecoming. Can't imagine the gull of 'Cuse to do that to the Great One!
Q said in one of the pressers that he couldn't schedule a home game with UCONN because, [from memory, not verbatim] "Anybody versed in scheduling knows everyone pretty much schedules two years out. So we already had our schedule fixed and couldn't schedule the game." Basically blamed Geno for not asking soon enough.

I know home/home series are, by definition, multi-year deals and obviously all but the first game has to be scheduled more than a year in advance. But it seems like we never know our complete list of non-conference opponents (much less the actual schedule) - until late in the previous season. Anyone know if there's any shred of truth to Q's "2-year" thing?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Who cares now, they're playing Tuesday night... on a neutral court, the BIGGEST stage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom