So that box out drill worked pretty good. | The Boneyard

So that box out drill worked pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
boxout.jpg

apparently

Reaction Score
I would say so as well. The announcers mentioned this multiple times during the game. I wonder where Ollie picked that drill up?

Reaction Score
I was watching Olander on Cooley and when shot went up Olander spun found Cooley literally slammed him with 2 forearms, spun back around and got the rebound, I dont ever remember reading about a Drill and seeing it implemented to perfection like this was.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I read last week that it was a Kevin Freeman drill.
The article wasn't clear. KFree named the drill the Chamber Drill. But I thought KO developed the drill while another poster thought it might be KFree.

Reaction Score
"The article wasn't clear. KFree named the drill the Chamber Drill. But I thought KO developed the drill while another poster thought it might be KFree."

KO said on his weekly chat with Joe D (usually Thursdays at 6pm on WTIC) that he wanted the players to hit first instead of looking for the ball on rebounds. KO relayed his thoughts to his coaches and KFree came up with the drill.

Reaction Score
"The article wasn't clear. KFree named the drill the Chamber Drill. But I thought KO developed the drill while another poster thought it might be KFree."

KO said on his weekly chat with Joe D (usually Thursdays at 6pm on WTIC) that he wanted the players to hit first instead of looking for the ball on rebounds. KO relayed his thoughts to his coaches and KFree came up with the drill.
Do you have a link for the chat by any chance? I searched like hell online but could only come up with an old recording from december.

Reaction Score
There will be about 20 coaches running the same drill this week. It seems to have worked wonders.

Tis the problem when you wake up the kids by letting out your secrets. Ironically and consequently, soon they have to develop a drill to counter this one.

Reaction Score
I this drill is so good. Shouldn't we have kept it a secret?

Reaction Score
The article wasn't clear. KFree named the drill the Chamber Drill. But I thought KO developed the drill while another poster thought it might be KFree.

It certainly feels good to look down that bench and see KFREE and Ricky.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It certainly feels good to look down that bench and see KFREE and Ricky.
It sure does. And I have no vested interest who developed the box out drill or who gets the credit. I love both KFree and KO. The clarification I chose to make was based on the article posted regarding the drill. It wasn't clear. It really doesn't matter because it is a collaboration effort by the coaches and players, but it would be nice to give credit where credit is due.

Reaction Score
i just think its absolutely awesome that this team was struggling with a part of the game and the coaching staff TOGETHER came up with a way to correct the problem and the team has responded. great coaching and great kids. i could not be more excited about the programs future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom