So tell me about MakersMuppet | The Boneyard

So tell me about MakersMuppet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He/she commented elsewhere 6 months ago on the AAU topic:
Makersmuppet • 6 months ago
UConn and VPI will both be invited to the AAU soon and both be invited to the B1G right after that. That completes the schools missions as well as the B1Gs. It's the most obvious yet un talked about thing in college sports and research rumors these days
https://www.insidehighered.com/news...ll_aau_criteria_after_syracuse_nebraska_leave

I found it interesting how specific the comment was and asked my friend Google for more information. Upon further review it seems as though MakersMuppet is part of UConn message board lore.

Reaction Score
Seaa Blue said:
He/she commented elsewhere 6 months ago on the AAU topic: I found it interesting how specific the comment was and asked my friend Google for more information. Upon further review it seems as though MakersMuppet is part of UConn message board lore.

Heading into the Big East Tournament in 2011, he/she had a lengthy and quality post that essentially boiled down to "quit being a beyotch, and get to the Garden and support this team." We were in full on whine mode after the 9-9 Big East finish and a promising season that seemed to be slipping away. The post kept getting bumped over and over - hundreds of posts - and the team kept winning. Turned out to be 11 in a row, as we know. It was part of the mojo of the 2011 title.

Maker's Muppet never posted in that thread again, and maybe never again at all. He/she became sort of the Henefeld of the Boneyard - someone who swooped in and swooped out while on top, becoming a legend and almost simultaneously a mysterious figure.

Of course, since that post and thread has been oft-discussed here, the person posting on that site isn't even necessarily the same person. Could just be somebody from here borrowing the moniker.

Reaction Score
It seems strange that the article is over three years old but the comment is from 6 months ago. He says "soon", but we don't seem to be near to the requirements for AAU. Have no idea about VPI.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
It seems strange that the article is over three years old but the comment is from 6 months ago. He says "soon", but we don't seem to be near to the requirements for AAU. Have no idea about VPI.

Supposedly, VPI is pretty close. At least in the upper echelon of schools vying for a spot.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
From an Oregon website back in 2013: http://www.uomatters.com/2013/06/legislature-approves-15-billion-for.html

"U Conn seems well on their way to joining the AAU. They have had a faculty union for years (my father helped start it). Their contract is between the “U Conn Board of Trustees” and the “U Conn chapter of the AAUP”. No petty insecure admin nomenclature nonsense. The contract includes a clause protecting shared governance, but it’s not grievable. I don’t know what Conn law says about shared governance. 6/5/2013."

Reaction Score
Heading into the Big East Tournament in 2011, he/she had a lengthy and quality post that essentially boiled down to "quit being a beyotch, and get to the Garden and support this team." We were in full on whine mode after the 9-9 Big East finish and a promising season that seemed to be slipping away. The post kept getting bumped over and over - hundreds of posts - and the team kept winning. Turned out to be 11 in a row, as we know. It was part of the mojo of the 2011 title.

Maker's Muppet never posted in that thread again, and maybe never again at all. He/she became sort of the Henefeld of the Boneyard - someone who swooped in and swooped out while on top, becoming a legend and almost simultaneously a mysterious figure.

Of course, since that post and thread has been oft-discussed here, the person posting on that site isn't even necessarily the same person. Could just be somebody from here borrowing the moniker.
My guess is it was HFD,

Reaction Score
AZHuskiePop said:
My guess is it was HFD,

It may have been, but I have my doubts. HFD understands how to make college sports events appealing and how to market them so people enjoy them and get excited about them. He really does----his finger is right on the pulse of what makes an event feel big time. That is his strength and UCONN would be well served to pay him 30-40k per year to guide the stiffs in the right direction. If/when he grows up, he could do something more lucrative with his talent.

Makers Muppet was no Shakespeare, but his writing style and message conveyed a very strong and powerful message. Muppet could have had better grammar, like HFD, but he definitely seemed stronger than HFD in terms of writing a dramatic piece. That little diatribe was intoxicating and I've never seen Dan do that once.

I like to imagine that Jim Calhoun wrote it. I think there is about a 1% chance that he did, but I enjoy the fantasy. I might guess that Fishy wrote it because he has a talent for writing creatively, but the grammar and punctuation were too weak to be Fishy. I don't think he could even get his brain to think like that. It seemed to be a very original post written by an older guy. Someone 60+ plus years old I'd guess.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who can say who it actually was, although, I have my own opinion.

senhor-testiculo-03.jpg

Reaction Score
It may have been, but I have my doubts. HFD understands how to make college sports events appealing and how to market them so people enjoy them and get excited about them. He really does----his finger is right on the pulse of what makes an event feel big time. That is his strength and UCONN would be well served to pay him 30-40k per year to guide the stiffs in the right direction. If/when he grows up, he could do something more lucrative with his talent.

Makers Muppet was no Shakespeare, but his writing style and message conveyed a very strong and powerful message. Muppet could have had better grammar, like HFD, but he definitely seemed stronger than HFD in terms of writing a dramatic piece. That little diatribe was intoxicating and I've never seen Dan do that once.

I like to imagine that Jim Calhoun wrote it. I think there is about a 1% chance that he did, but I enjoy the fantasy. I might guess that Fishy wrote it because he has a talent for writing creatively, but the grammar and punctuation were too weak to be Fishy. I don't think he could even get his brain to think like that. It seemed to be a very original post written by an older guy. Someone 60+ plus years old I'd guess.
I didn't mean the original Makers Muppet,I was referring to the person who commented ,using that name. I doubt it was the original poster,but obviously a BY'er familar with the original. An MM copycat.
HFD was bipolar , in his manic state he was a great,though ungrammatical ,UConn propagandist. In his depressive state,he descended into a bitterness , matched only by a few of the grumpiest on this board.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score

I think it's >.0001% that it came from HFD and > .1% that it came from Fishy. But what do I know, I just read the ish people think about here.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I think it's >.0001% that it came from HFD and > .1% that it came from Fishy. But what do I know, I just read the ish people think about here.
I still think it was Fishy or Skinner even though Skinner denied it at drunken championship celebrations in Houston and Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom