So let's say UConn gets accepted to B1G what games do we show on UConn day on the BTN? | The Boneyard

So let's say UConn gets accepted to B1G what games do we show on UConn day on the BTN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd say:
1) The 2009 win at Notre Dame, which is our best football win IMO.
2) The 1999 NC over Duke. Our first NC and the one in which "we shocked the world."
3) The 2014 NC over Kentucky. Might as well showcase a current NC. I mean we have a few to choose from
4) Some WBB natty, probably last season's win over ND. It's over a disliked school and was reasonably close.

Reaction Score
There are many to choose from. The win over USF to go to the Fiesta Bowl on one of the most clutch long distance FGs you will ever see a college kicker make. The first ever game at the Rent vs a big ten foe.

In basketball, take your pick. Men's and women's. You can go back to back on dual national titles cause you know, we're the only school to do it.

UCONN is for sure not short on athletic accomplishments and huge games that's for sure.

Reaction Score
I'd say:
1) The 2009 win at Notre Dame, which is our best football win IMO.
2) The 1999 NC over Duke. Our first NC and the one in which "we shocked the world."
3) The 2014 NC over Kentucky. Might as well showcase a current NC. I mean we have a few to choose from
4) Some WBB natty, probably last season's win over ND. It's over a disliked school and was reasonably close.

Notre Dame probably won't be in any hurry to approve the use of the video from their home game.

Loved that game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Football: Win over Notre Dame in OT. Game was close, dramatic, and against a school that B1G fans hate (don't we all?). Plus I like the U-C-O-N-N chants heard in the background after we won. Shows we travelled well to South Bend and shows we will travel well to more B1G games.

Home win vs Baylor. Atmosphere was electric and RG III was fun to watch that night. Close game with plenty of drama.

First Rent game vs Indiana. Against a B1G school so there's that. Plus the video is going to be about as grainy as we can get...proof that we played football before high definition TVs became popular. History. :)

Basketball: Any NC men's and women's. 99 vs Duke was a fun game but I really do hate the whole "shock the world" talk. There were only two teams that were ranked #1 all season that year: us and Duke. The game was between the two best teams in the country that year and we won. 2013-14 NC vs Kentucky was a fun game and gives B1G fans proof (if they needed any further proof) that they've added a hoops GIANT to their conference. Showing NC wins over Duke and UK on the same UConn Day would do just that. I also think showing a Big East Championship Game would be a good idea if B1G fans want to see what a big game atmosphere is like in MSG/NYC. Nothing like it.

Pick whatever WBB game you want. I'm not too familiar so I'll let the experts pick the best one.

Hockey - game vs BC at XL was fun and had an electric atmosphere. Hockey might become more a focal point for the B1G in the coming years and airing that game shows UConn's potential in hockey. Maybe a bright B1G fan will make the growth potential connection to football.

Baseball - show a 15 minute highlight reel of George Springer, pumping him up as one of baseball's next superstars. His HR robbing grab this year is used on MLB Network quite often.

Soccer - we've had really good soccer teams over the years but a NC has, for whatever reason, eluded us in recent years. Show the last NC win.

Reaction Score
More likely it will be games played against B1G opponents. Your basketball win over MSU in Madison Square Garden. Football wins against Rutgers, UMD etc.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
2014 Elite 8 game vs Michigan State.
Yeah, I thought about that but how do you pass up 4 NC games for an elite 8 game, even though MSG was electric.

So I looked and it looks like RU had like four or five football games plus a bb game plus some filler. So we have room for the ND and SC football games, plus all the NC's
plus at least one WBBNC.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I think I've watched this video 20+ times at this point, yet I still get goosebumps on goosebumps. My god I can't wait for this program to rise up again.
Me too... me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99