So let me get this straight... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

So let me get this straight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I read a tweet or an article that said Maryland had special visitors in attendance. Didn't say who they were.

But were there any "special guests" in the house?

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
I was out cake shopping during the first half.... checked my phone.. and saw the halftime score... and I was like... wow.. this might be an interesting game..

and to think i cut my cake shopping short to watch the second half :oops:

Did you grab a cake so you could have it and eat it too ?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Predicted UConn couldn't score 70 points with KML and Morgan not playing and they would lose to Maryland. Guess I need to have more faith in the team and Geno. Also should have realized Frese is not that good of a coach and that she could beat a depleted UConn team.

OK...don't quit your day job.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The game seemed pretty simple to me. In the 1st half MD's game plan was working. At the half Auriemma adjusted, Frese didn't (couldn't?).

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Very embarrassing for MD. UConn down, short bench, MD playing at home, on National TV, and UConn manhandles them. As I said in my thread. UConn runs a system, executes it to perfection and plays torrid defense. The better the players the better the execution the more wins, the more NCs the more AAs, the more wins. WCBB has to fear the Huskies now. Opposing fans, coaches, and players have to be thinking how can we beat UConn?

The Stanford and MD game have shown how superior UConn is to any other team.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
UCONN is down an AA (possibly the best player on the team), a KEY reserve, their AA center is in foul trouble, their senior AA guard is 0-11 from beyond the arc, and they still win by 17 over one of the top teams in the nation? Holy smokes...!

I really thought the 2nd half maybe would be as tight as the 1st half, but nope. Great game and great half time adjustments.
Sunday, it was a senior guard that put the team on her back. Friday, it was a sophomore guard putting the team on her back. What's next, a freshman guard? Geno has always said that you can never have too many good...hell...great guards. A great team win and a great program victory.

U

UCONNfan1

Sunday, it was a senior guard that put the team on her back. Friday, it was a sophomore guard putting the team on her back. What's next, a freshman guard? Geno has always said that you can never have too many good...hell...great guards. A great team win and a great program victory.
Kia Nurse would be a great addition. Looks like it's not a done deal yet with her. Crossed fingers for a great game Sunday... Apparently she's going to be watching the PSU/UCONN game live.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
As I said in one of my earlier posts, although they hit six 3's which helped. They shot 16 three point attempts. This was a game to go after Kiah, Stokes and Stewie especially when they got into foul trouble. If I'm Maryland I do what ND did in the regular season last year, drive into the middle and force refs to call fouls. Kiah proved she couldn't stop reaching in on help defense.

They were fortunate that Bria has such a bad shooting day, otherwise they lose by 25 plus points or more.

Maryland Players have to be devastated they loss this game. Before the game, there were quotes by players saying they worked all summer to face UConn. Now they lose with two key players missing on UConn and they're completely healthy. No Excuses for them to use.
I thought they tried quite a bit to drive into the lane in the second half - which is why I believe 8 of the 9 blocks Uconn got were in the second half. As they say - true stupidity is to continue doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result! :cool:

Reaction Score
Kinda annoyed that they kept failing to mention the loss of Tuck as a factor also.
Really? I thought they were making the loss of the two players the theme of the broadcast. But who cares. That Geno guy is coming along as a pretty good coach too!

Reaction Score
I thought they tried quite a bit to drive into the lane in the second half - which is why I believe 8 of the 9 blocks Uconn got were in the second half. As they say - true stupidity is to continue doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result! :cool:
Maryland seems like more of a jump shooting team with an occasional post up but like you said when your shot keeps getting blocked...

Reaction Score
Brenda Frese is the great equalizer ........ the lay-up defense, and sloppy turnovers offense are nothing new. Talent is not the problem.
It almost an Oxymoron to call her a head coach. I think she differs most of the coaching to her assistants and chooses to over see!!!! LOL

Reaction Score
Very embarrassing for MD. UConn down, short bench, MD playing at home, on National TV, and UConn manhandles them. As I said in my thread. UConn runs a system, executes it to perfection and plays torrid defense. The better the players the better the execution the more wins, the more NCs the more AAs, the more wins. WCBB has to fear the Huskies now. Opposing fans, coaches, and players have to be thinking how can we beat UConn?

The Stanford and MD game have shown how superior UConn is to any other team.
Tony ,nice to chat with you today! The outcome of this game was exactly predicted by you in our conversation today. For the exact reasons you told me. Man you were right on it. You even told me the final score would be around 70 to 55. Good job!!!

Reaction Score
I was out cake shopping during the first half.... checked my phone.. and saw the halftime score... and I was like... wow.. this might be an interesting game..

and to think i cut my cake shopping short to watch the second half :oops:

What is cake shopping? Do you do it often? I love cakes; sounds like cake shopping might be something I should look into as a hobby?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
What is cake shopping? Do you do it often? I love cakes; sounds like cake shopping might be something I should look into as a hobby?

All this talk of shopping, anniversaries, dinner…I planned my day around being directly in front of the TV at 5:59:55
Dinner (Supper) postponed until after the live postmortems.
Same tomorrow at Noon
Everything else can wait.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Did you grab a cake so you could have it and eat it too ?

Not a whole cake........ Im not a glutton..... ok well... yeah I can be at times... but I wasnt that night :D

Well.. ya see... there is this popular bakery in town that I go to on a regular basis..and they sell both whole cakes, and cakes by the slice. When you go up to the counter area.. you are bombarded with choices.. they have over 40 cakes on the menu.... and they usually have around 30 out on the counter to choose from. So unless you go inside with flavor already in mind.... you have to spend several minutes just doing window shopping before you make a decision. And its almost impossible to leave the store with just a single slice.

You asked if I go often??? Well depends on your definition of often ;) I went last sunday... this past friday.... went by there saturday.... but the line was out of the door so I decided to go to Krispy Kreme instead. The most Ive been in one week is three times... anything more than that is just ridiculous

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

triad: Is the new avatar an attempted play for sympathy for when our squad arrives in Durham???? What gives??

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle