So let me get this straight... | The Boneyard

So let me get this straight...

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UCONNfan1

UCONN is down an AA (possibly the best player on the team), a KEY reserve, their AA center is in foul trouble, their senior AA guard is 0-11 from beyond the arc, and they still win by 17 over one of the top teams in the nation? Holy smokes...!

I really thought the 2nd half maybe would be as tight as the 1st half, but nope. Great game and great half time adjustments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Not just the best player on the team, how about the best player in the country? (fine print: depending on who you ask, but Coach Auriemma thinks Mosqueda-Lewis is the best player in the country).

Reaction Score
UCONN is down an AA (possibly the best player on the team), a KEY reserve, their AA center is in foul trouble, their senior AA guard is 0-11 from beyond the arc, and they still win by 17 over one of the top teams in the nation? Holy smokes...!

I really thought the 2nd half maybe would be as tight as the 1st half, but nope. Great game and great half time adjustments.
Exactly. That is what I was thinking. I'm having a hard time explaining how this could happen.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
As I said in one of my earlier posts, although they hit six 3's which helped. They shot 16 three point attempts. This was a game to go after Kiah, Stokes and Stewie especially when they got into foul trouble. If I'm Maryland I do what ND did in the regular season last year, drive into the middle and force refs to call fouls. Kiah proved she couldn't stop reaching in on help defense.

They were fortunate that Bria has such a bad shooting day, otherwise they lose by 25 plus points or more.

Maryland Players have to be devastated they loss this game. Before the game, there were quotes by players saying they worked all summer to face UConn. Now they lose with two key players missing on UConn and they're completely healthy. No Excuses for them to use.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
As I said in one of my earlier posts, although they hit six 3's which helped. They shot 16 three point attempts. This was a game to go after Kiah, Stokes and Stewie especially when they got into foul trouble. If I'm Maryland I do what ND did in the regular season last year, drive into the middle and force refs to call fouls. Kiah proved she couldn't stop reaching in on help defense.

They were fortunate that Bria has such a bad shooting day, otherwise they lose by 25 plus points or more.

Maryland Players have to be devastated they loss this game. Before the game, there were quotes by players saying they worked all summer to face UConn. Now they lose with two key players missing on UConn and they're completely healthy. No Excuses for them to use.

What did you predict?

Reaction Score
Exactly. That is what I was thinking. I'm having a hard time explaining how this could happen.

th

CCinCT

Poster
Reaction Score
Ought to be a great game Jan 5 Terps vs. NC LOL

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
But were there any "special guests" in the house?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The game was also on the road for UConn. All told, you have to happy with this result. Maryland has a fine team this year. Great performance by Stewie, good team effort all around.

Reaction Score
UConn would make a nice addition to the B1G. If they could get a decent football coach that is. Add UConn and you'd have a real eastern flavor in the B1G with Penn State, UConn, Maryland, and Rutgers a conference that five years ago was also known as the Corn and Wheat Growers Conference. I think UConn is the biggest school in New England which buys you a good chunk of the Boston and NYC markets.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was out cake shopping during the first half.... checked my phone.. and saw the halftime score... and I was like... wow.. this might be an interesting game..

and to think i cut my cake shopping short to watch the second half :oops:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I was out cake shopping during the first half.... checked my phone.. and saw the halftime score... and I was like... wow.. this might be an interesting game..

Good choice!

Reaction Score

Wow. Tough choice.
I think I'd grab a cake and go. :D

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Predicted UConn couldn't score 70 points with KML and Morgan not playing and they would lose to Maryland. Guess I need to have more faith in the team and Geno. Also should have realized Frese is not that good of a coach and that she could beat a depleted UConn team.

What did you predict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle