Snow Totals and Stories: What you got? | The Boneyard

Snow Totals and Stories: What you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing like this, not even 1978!

Mayor robo calls at 3am about vents and CO2, WTF?? Got over 26 inches in Stratford.

Can't get out the back (5' drift) or front door. The back deck is up to the railing. My truck and car are bumps of snow in the driveway.

Saw some people on the street thinking I can flag a hustling kids to shovel and its 4 frekkin fireman, weighed down in gear with a shovel, walking to an emergency call. Can't even drive the firetruck down the street. Never seen that before.

This is the worst and I've been around a long time and lived in North Dakota for a few years. In ND it snows 3-4 days to get the snow drifts we got in one day.

I won't be able to move around until Sunday or Monday. Got power though.

Some hustling kids should be able to make a fortune this weekend.

Reaction Score
"When I was a kid these snowfall totals we've never seen before would have been a 90 minute delay":rolleyes:

But seriously, as a teacher I'm for a delay Monday as we all try to dig out still. My school has kids from Killingly and Plainfield and the likes, could be a while until all the roads are clear out there.

Here in Vernon, it's hard to tell with the drifts, but I'd say at least 30.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
24 to 30 inches in Glastonbury with drifts up to about 3 1/2'. When I was a kid, this would have been a 90 minute delay...

Not only that, I had to walk uphill to school...both ways. But when you tell kids today, they don't believe you.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Well over 2 feet in West Hartford. I live on a main road and haven't seen a vehicle go by. The big problem for in storms like this is the berm the plows create at the end of the driveway, dense, packed snow from multiple passes all night long.

Oh, BTW, there are no such thing has hustling kids clearing snow anymore. Just landscapers everywhere.

Reaction Score
24 to 30 inches in Glastonbury with drifts up to about 3 1/2'. When I was a kid, this would have been a 90 minute delay...

I live in Glastonbury, and I'd say I have 30-36 roughly. Insane.

I was supposed to go to work this morning, but that ain't happenin'!!!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360423136.686977.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Well over 2 feet in West Hartford. I live on a main road and haven't seen a vehicle go by. The big problem for in storms like this is the berm the plows create at the end of the driveway, dense, packed snow from multiple passes all night long.

Oh, BTW, there are no such thing has hustling kids clearing snow anymore. Just landscapers everywhere.

I measured in 3 different spots and came up with a 27" average in WH. No plow has been on our street since 9pm last night. Yeah kids don't get it. I asked my son and his friend that are sleeping over and they wanted 50 each to shovel, so I changed the 100 a piece to sleep here last night.

Reaction Score
I got 30 inches in South Windsor. I couldn't even open my front storm door at all it was completely blocked.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I live up on a "mountain" in northeastern part of Glastonbury, I would estimate 32 to 38. I went out last night from about 8 to 9:15 with my trusty snowblower and cleared about 10-14 inches (varied by location). This morning, there was another 2 feet and more. As trest pointed out, the corners where the driveway meet the street are a real bitch. They were about 2 feet last night and 2 1/2 to 3 this morning. I'm going out for another pass in a little while. I've never seen a single storm dump this much at one time.

One thing about living up higher, the plows do tend to get up here more frequently. The bad news is that going down the mountain can be like ice skating or skiing.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The planters in front are about fourteen inches. Long gone.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360424912.810543.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1360424912.810543.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 74

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not only that, I had to walk uphill to school...both ways. But when you tell kids today, they don't believe you.
You got to walk? We dreamed of walking! We had to crawl...through mud, and when it didn't rain, we had to carry water up from the creek to make our own mud. Walked, bah!

Oh and a little less than a foot in the people's republic of North Jersey.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360425761.474262.jpg

Just about 36 even on cedar lake in Chester. For scale those banisters leading to my garage are 42 inches high. See if you can spot my 2 cars below that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
According to channel 30, Oxford at 36.2 inches was second most in the state behind Milford as of about 10:00.

S

storrsbred1

Is it possible the "old time" winter storms of long ago are returning to Connecticut?

I have pictures, as a young kid living in Mansfield, of snow drifts piled up to the gutters of my dads garage. Took my sled to the top of the roof and had a great ride down. Sounds as if this storm might qualify for posterity.

Reaction Score
My daughter was born on Thursday, we have been in the hospital here in Boston since then. This place has been a ghost town since early yesterday. If I see any zombies roaming around here you can bet I will be going more Shane than Rick.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
My daughter was born on Thursday, we have been in the hospital here in Boston since then. This place has been a ghost town since early yesterday. If I see any zombies roaming around here you can bet I will be going more Shane than Rick.

Congrats! Name her Nemo!

Reaction Score
Like a ghost town here in prospect.. Not one car has passed my road, nor a plow since like 8 last night. Has to be 2 feet of untouched snow on my road and a good 4 foot pileup at the end of the driveway. I'm guessing about 30 inches total.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would have loved this as a kid. The more the better. Now I hate it. I plan on spending the day playing Gulfstream online.

Reaction Score
About 30" in Southigton. The man who lives accross the street does plowing. Last night he pulled into his driveway. I couldn't understand why he didn't back in his 4 x 4 pickup w/plow so he could plow his way out. Today he got stuck and had to shovel his way out; was shoveling for over an hour. I'm glad I'm not one of his customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom