Smallwood quote | The Boneyard

Smallwood quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Jacobs has a piece out today in the Courant, he likes UConn's speed on defense. A nice quote:

"We have fast guys all over the field," Smallwood said. "Trevardo is big, strong and fast. We've got corners and linebackers who can all move. I feel like that's great for the scheme [defensive coordinator Don Brown] brought in for us. We're going to apply a lot of pressure. We're going to make teams game-plan around us. We're not going to game plan around them."

Smallwood made plays last year. He made 94 tackles, in fact. His emergence is no shock. Yet it's also clear he wants much more of himself.

"I feel like this is my defense," Smallwood said. "I'm the middle linebacker. This is my defense. I've got to take control of that. I can't say I'm a sophomore and let these things happen. I've got to go out there and be responsible for everybody and make sure everybody get checks and go hard."

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Great attitude to have. We will need that leadership next year for sure.

Reaction Score
"We're going to make teams game-plan around us. We're not going to game plan around them."

I love this kind of attitude. At some point they are going to have to change Don Brown's job title from Coordinator to Guru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom