Slightly OT: Logo | The Boneyard

Slightly OT: Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Despite all of the hate it got a year ago, the new husky logo has grown on me and I think it is even better than the previous one. Looks sharp on TV and represents UConn well.

I'm going to enjoy seeing it plastered on ESPN/CBS for at least another week or so. :)

Reaction Score
The new one is growing on me too, but
61-61008.jpg

this is still the GOAT.

Reaction Score
I absolutely love our logo, it definitely jumps out at you more than the old one. Everything we are doing in terms of marketing and brand image is light years ahead of where it was with that clown Hathaway.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Ironic is that we beat Michigan "pick a logo" St. There are more (including the script State" they wore on Sunday, but you get the idea...

split-old-new-spartans-logo2jpg-80cf96e5cad6ebe9.jpg

4576_michigan_state_spartans-wordmark-0.png

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I feel like if it was reversed and we switched from the new one to the old one there would have been even more of an outage. I love the Jonathon the Friendly Dog as much as anyone when it comes to nostalgia purposes but c'mon, the new one is just a better logo.
Now you've done it. freescooter yargle blargle in 3... 2... 1...

Reaction Score
The old logo said "Hi! I am Jonathan Husky (lick)(lick)(lick). I am happy to be here. Is this is a GREAT day or what? (lick)(lick)(lick)"

The new logo says "I am Jonathan, foo (In a Mr. T voice) . I am here to duck* up your brackets. Line up"

source: long time dog owner (2 or 3 at a time). I know dogs :)

Reaction Score
I have changed my position on the new logo too. Now that its a final four logo, its legit.

Reaction Score
the new one is just a better logo.
Eh, disagree. I definitely agree there'd be more outrage if we switched from the current one to the old one, because it would've been much more of a "WTF?" moment.

But the old logo had character, which only grew because of our many successes under it. Sure it was a little goofy and not at all "fierce", but how many top programs have intimidating logos?

The new logo isn't bad, but it's hard to argue that it isn't way more generic. It kind of looks like one of the stock logos they'd put in Madden for a created team. And don't get me started on the football helmets that came along with it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Eh, disagree. I definitely agree there'd be more outrage if we switched from the current one to the old one, because it would've been much more of a "WTF?" moment.

But the old logo had character, which only grew because of our many successes under it. Sure it was a little goofy and not at all "fierce", but how many top programs have intimidating logos?

The new logo isn't bad, but it's hard to argue that it isn't way more generic. It kind of looks like one of the stock logos they'd put in Madden for a created team. And don't get me started on the football helmets that came along with it.
Couldn't agree more on the football helmets. They look like community college helmets, if community colleges had football teams. But I love the new logo. I'm one of the ones who loved it from day 1...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The old logo said "Hi! I am Jonathan Husky (lick)(lick)(lick). I am happy to be here. Is this is a GREAT day or what? (lick)(lick)(lick)"

The new logo says "I am Jonathan, foo (In a Mr. T voice) . I am here to f* up your brackets. Line up"

source: long time dog owner (2 or 3 at a time). I know dogs :)

This.

Reaction Score
The logo has definitely grown on me. I was sort of ambivalent at first. Didn't love it, but always thought the old logo was entirely too silly/friendly.

The more I see it, the more I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc