Slightly OT: Another reason to love UConn WCBB | The Boneyard

Slightly OT: Another reason to love UConn WCBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some reasons I find UCONN WCBB beautiful:

It's the purest, most elegant team basketball, offense and defense, you can find anywhere. Reminds me of the Havlicek/DeBusschere Celtics and Knicks.

The coach has a solid sense of who is an emotionally healthy person, looking for kids who are "cocky and unselfish." He's prepared to offer a healthy coach-player relationship characterized by genuineness, teaching, shared hard work and caring.

The players stay four years and form an admirable, healthy community/family, working hard, together, having fun, looking out for each other.

Because they stay four years, you can get to know them and feel invested in them.

All the athleticism itself is beautiful.

And then there is this:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Some reasons I find UCONN WCBB beautiful:

It's the purest, most elegant team basketball, offense and defense, you can find anywhere. Reminds me of the Havlicek/DeBusschere Celtics and Knicks.

Permit me to refine that comparison.

You are actually comparing UConn women's basketball to:

The [DeBusschere/Clyde/Willis/Dollar Bill/Earl the Pearl] Knicks, coached by HoF Red Holzman, or

The [Hondo/Russ/Satch/Sam/K.C.] Celtics, coached by the immortal HoF Red Auerbach.
And when you make this comparison, you are spot-on. Our UConn Huskies of the present are worthy of comparison with those champions of the past.

(For those of you unfamilar with the names I used, I suggest you study up and see some of the best bb ever played.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom