"Slightly" biased article on the LHN | The Boneyard

"Slightly" biased article on the LHN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
It's from Fox Sports, but still an interesting read. Basically says that the LHN gave TAMU and Mizzou a windfall (Nebraska as well) while slowly strangling the rest of the Big 12.

Link

pj

Reaction Score
The interesting thing about the conference networks is how many synergies there are to having more schools. The SEC schools are almost all worth less than Texas, but the SEC network earns 1.6x as much per school as Texas gets from LHN -- and ESPN is losing money on LHN but making a bushelfull on SECN, meaning that when distributions are revised, schools like Mississippi State and Vandy will be doubling up Texas.

This puts some light on the question of why the B1G wants to continue growing. If revenue increases faster-than-linear in number of schools, they stand to increase per-school revenue by growing, even with relatively weak names.

Reaction Score
I've forgotten the opt-out options (if that was ever public). I wonder if either side will exercise the option before the end of the contract.

Reaction Score
I was just going to post this. Maybe Bevo throws the rest of the Big 12 a bone, and they transition the Longhorn Network into a Big 12 network? Not.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
So according to this article, the SEC Network costs subscribers $16.80/year. The article quotes revenue of $550 mil, meaning about 32.7 mill subscribers.

The article from Fox on the thread from the other day said they have 67 million subs at about $8/year ($0.66/month) for $537 mill in revenue.

So which is it? Those numbers, other than annual revenue, seem quite far apart.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
So according to this article, the SEC Network costs subscribers $16.80/year. The article quotes revenue of $550 mil, meaning about 32.7 mill subscribers.

The article from Fox on the thread from the other day said they have 67 million subs at about $8/year ($0.66/month) for $537 mill in revenue.

So which is it? Those numbers, other than annual revenue, seem quite far apart.

I have Directv and I am not paying anything additional for the SEC or B1G network. I WOULD have to pay for the Longhorn network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom