Slacker David has messed up my morning gameday coffee! | The Boneyard

Slacker David has messed up my morning gameday coffee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So it is the morning of a game and I come to the site expecting another in the entertaining factoid posts from David in Naples, coffee in hand - and ________!!! Nothing! Just can't get good consistent posters any more. Back in my day, if someone committed to providing pre-game stimulus, they provided pre-game stimulus! (Not talking the illegal kind, either though that was true, too!) It hurts even more that he is a fellow Floridian, though from the lesser west coast so maybe its all that oil in the water that has him down.

So ....
Some interesting facts to digest pre game:
1. Uconn opponents have scored 398 baskets and have 383 turnovers - so basically they are as likely to lose the ball as they are to put it through the hoop!

1.a Opponents have 398 baskets and 93 made free throws for 491 total times the ball went through the net and they have 383 TOs and 180 shots blocked or 563 times they didn't even get the chance for the ball to go through then net. They are 15% more likely to have a TO or blocked shot than they are to have the ball go through the net on a possession.

2. Temple has scored 1259 points in 19 games, 33 more than opponents so they are scoring 50.1% of the points in games - Uconn has given up only 1012 points in 21 games while scoring 1764 and are scoring 64% of the points in their games (not far from 2 out of every 3 points.)

3. Stewart has 57 blocks YTD, Temple as a team has 69 YTD

4. Temple is 0-4 against ranked teams - they lost to Uconn by 44 points, against the other three they lost by a combined 19 points - they have been competitive in all their losses except the Uconn game and the loss to St Joes by 20 points. In their other loses the margins were 1, 4, 6, and 13 (USF)

5. Temple has 259 assists on 459 made baskets for 56% assist ratio which is pretty good. Uconn has 453 on 671 for 68% which is truly excellent. Unfortunately Temple also turns the ball over a lot - 334 - for a A/TO of 0.76 not good. Uconn - 242 for 1.9 which leads the country (Villanova has dropped to second at 1.8, everyone else is below 1.6.

I know this is a poor substitute for David's normal posts, but someone had to step into the void!

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
I have no excuse....other than the car accident, brain surgery, invasion by northern relatives and the dog ate it.....;) I just posted a light pre-game snack....:rolleyes:

Go Huskies..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01