Skylar's first pro game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Skylar's first pro game

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
After the first games Aneika Henry has a +22 efficiency rating. I am assuming she must be the best player in the league since her rating is better than everyone else, including Tina Charles and Tamika Catchings.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
How over rated would you consider Diggens if she had worn blue instead of green? The real point here is why Diggens? Why not comments about any other WNBA rookie's first exhibition game?

The answer is so obvious. During her last two years she led her team to an unbelieveable 6-2 record against UConn. I guess that alone is enough to make her so disliked by some on the BY.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Catchings had a -3 efficiency rating against San Antonio. Sasha Goodlett had a +13. Should we draw the conclusion that Goodlett is better than Catchings?

I put little importance of the efficiency rating as I don't think it is a true indicator of a players performance.

Reaction Score
Catchings had a -3 efficiency rating against San Antonio. Sasha Goodlett had a +13. Should we draw the conclusion that Goodlett is better than Catchings?

I put little importance of the efficiency rating as I don't think it is a true indicator of a players performance.
Its a madeup stat that has little to no bearing on an actual game. Many times a star player goes 2-10, then lights it up for 6-8, if you were playing when they were cold, and not when they were hot you have a great rating. If their were steals for layups, offensive put-backs penalty situation for free throws, all change the +,- stat. It does nothing to reflect a pass, or deflection, or many other meaningful things that take place in a game. I've watched basketball for over 50 years, and that is the most useless stat I have ever seen.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I don't think the original poster advocated the +/- as a critical statistic. Reread the original post....It was an observation with no opinion. Lightheartedly it included two former UConn players.

I think those who want Skylar to succeed took it as an attack. She scored nine points and had three assists. Is that a Skylar criticism?

She may go on to be a great star in the WNBA and WBB. That night she was-19 in +/-. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
It might behoove all the intelligent regulars who responded to reread the original post. Nothing negative was said about Diggins. It pointed out her stats in that game and also noted it was her first WNBA game.

But then again that didn't stop the WBB experts here from criticizing someone who isn't in the clique for something they didn't say.
You see, you just don't understand the credo here: "Always criticize something for what it isn't, even if what it isn't isn't what it's trying to be."

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Not really reading a whole lot into a rookie's early (pre-)season play.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I think for the most part it's only useful over many games, or a full season

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think the original poster advocated the +/- as a critical statistic. Reread the original post....It was an observation with no opinion. Lightheartedly it included two former UConn players.

I think those who want Skylar to succeed took it as an attack. She scored nine points and had three assists. Is that a Skylar criticism?

She may go on to be a great star in the WNBA and WBB. That night she was-19 in +/-. It is what it is.

When you state Diggins +/- , then compare that to two UCONN graduates and follow up with "Welcome to the WNBA Skylar" you are making a negative statement. My opinion is that everyone has the right to say whatever they want, just own it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Anybody notice Diggins +/- in Thursday night's game? It was -19, worst of all players. Welcome to the WNBA, Skylar! BTW, a couple other guards you might remember did a little better... Swanier +11, Hayes +16.

Swanier had 0 points, 1rebound, 2 assists and 1 TO
Diggins had 9 points, 3assists, 1rebound, 2 steals and 2 TOs
Hayes had 5 points, 2 assists, 1 rebound, 2 steals and 4 TOs

This is a good argument for the efficiency rating meaning very little and is virtually being a useless stat. That is, unless you are looking for a reason to criticize a player.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the OP knew what they were doing... "stirring the pot"

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think if we remember back to the beginning of this past season Diggins struggled quite a bit. People were thinking she wasn't playing up to her AA billing. That ND wasn't going to be good. But as you can see that was probably her just getting used to her new teammates around her. This might be the case here too. She is not my favorite player because of the way she carries herself sometimes but she definitely is a good teammate to have on your team and she performs well when she is in complete sync with her teammates, which I'm guessing in her first game with a new team she was not quite comfortable yet.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
posters here dont like her cause she (and ND) gave UConn fits.... PERIOD
And that is that nature of sports fandom and nothing new. Always surprises me when folks make a fuss over people cheering against opponents or former opponents. It is what it is. Love to hate her.

Reaction Score
After the first games Aneika Henry has a +22 efficiency rating. I am assuming she must be the best player in the league since her rating is better than everyone else, including Tina Charles and Tamika Catchings.
Anneika Henry is one of the most underrated players in the league, if not in the sport entirely.

Reaction Score
Just curious, mau, how many non-UConn/ND games you've seen Diggins play?

Probably all of them Nan........I don't have the stats but show them to me and prove me wrong I'm okay with that.......she shoots the ball a lot, good shots and bad shots, makes a few and misses a lot. Is this wrong? I could be I just don't see anything great about her game and when she gets treated like just another player like she will in the WNBA compared to her ND days, she will prove to be a pretty good player but nothing great at all......just one man's opinion though admittedly not a sure bet!! LOL

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And that is that nature of sports fandom and nothing new. Always surprises me when folks make a fuss over people cheering against opponents or former opponents. It is what it is. Love to hate her.

this is a "UConn board" who cares about what Skylar is doing in the WNBA?

(yeah yeah yeah this board covers more than just UConn players :rolleyes:)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

We've always followed opponents.

It's more about hating the Yankees if you are a Red Sox fan. Most Yankee greats have always been scum to Red Sox Nation. At least as long as they still played the game. Some even after they were dead.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

I have seen several threads that you start about non Uconn players. Are those ok?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
We've always followed opponents.

It's more about hating the Yankees if you are a Red Sox fan. Most Yankee greats have always been scum to Red Sox Nation. At least as long as they still played the game. Some even after they were dead.
Ice the poster was stirring up the continuous hate of Ms Diggins PERIOD... yall can play foolish but not me

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
bad mouthing them or in support...?
You didn't say anything about what was said just that it was said about non-Uconn players. Now you are adding a qualifier that it has to be bad mouthing.

Reaction Score
I wish you had stopped at "great player." I for one never felt blessed watching her lead ND to all those damned wins vs. UConn. I will concede greatness.

You are right. We were crushed by those losses (2 UConn graduates in our family). I meant to say those were exciting games and not blow outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom