Six Players to Watch in Women's Tournament | The Boneyard

Six Players to Watch in Women's Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
UNC seems to be the favorite high variance team.

Not just over the season, but within games. I'm still shaking my head over the 14 consecutive points scored by UNC against Duke, followed by 16 consecutive scored by Duke. You can't get higher variance than that.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
One oddity in article. Five of the six players are stars on teams that are second or third seeded and looking to take down the #1 seed (WVU is a #2 seed). Mitchell on USCar is on a top seeded team, though it is possible that now UTenn is seen as the favorite in the SEC.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Six players I'll be watching in the tourney:

Breanna Stewart
Bria Hartley
Stef Dolson
Moriah Jefferson
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
Kiah Stokes
Big deal. Those are the only 6 players that play on that team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UNC seems to be the favorite high variance team.

Not just over the season, but within games. I'm still shaking my head over the 14 consecutive points scored by UNC against Duke, followed by 16 consecutive scored by Duke. You can't get higher variance than that.

Actually it was even worse. If you include the last part of the first half, it was a 20-0 run. :oops:

Reaction Score
Since they were looking at the non-obvious players, I would add Moriah Jefferson. She will thrive on this season's NCAA tournament stage.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I presume you'll be watching those sitting on the bench? Certainly will be less stressful.
Not sure if hb can see up that high. He'll probably just be looking at their shoes and maybe looking for a shin tattoo.

Reaction Score
Big deal. Those are the only 6 players that play on that team.
They are the only thing really to watch. The rest are just there to keep these six from getting bored!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Don't be surprised to see Saniya Kiah and KML have a great tournament.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
One oddity in article. Five of the six players are stars on teams that are second or third seeded and looking to take down the #1 seed (WVU is a #2 seed). Mitchell on USCar is on a top seeded team, though it is possible that now UTenn is seen as the favorite in the SEC.
You spoke too soon; LSU is killing Tennessee by 17 in the SECT, about midway through the first half. The Vols are so up and down.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
You spoke too soon; LSU is killing Tennessee by 17 in the SECT, about midway through the first half. The Vols are so up and down.
You really know how to jinx a team don't you? Don't let the Tiger fans know where you're hanging out.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Say what you want about Diamond but that girl can play ball and she is showing incredible hustle on defense. She has it all...she can shoot the 3, drive and pull up with a classic jumper, drive to the basket and post up.

There are two players that I will watch anytime they play: Stewart and DeShields.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You really know how to jinx a team don't you? Don't let the Tiger fans know where you're hanging out.
Sigh; I sort of wanted LSU to win, though I want another shot at UT on Sunday.

Reaction Score
NoCar will be the most talented team to NEVER make the Final4! Bet the ranch on that! When the Head Coach in an interview says "she doesn't care how many turnovers her team, 30 or 40, has just as long as they play fast!" You got to wonder what glue she's sniffing! NoCar is too undisciplined to go all the way! The only reason Sylvia Hatchell has a NC is because S. Crawley hit a 3 vs GA with 1 second on the clock! S. Hatchell didn't coach her way there! The NoCar/Duke game was a perfect example of that! +14 in a row/-16 in a row proves that!

Reaction Score
I didn't think Sylvia Hatchell was coaching NC this year due to her chemo treatments for leukemia. Reports say she hopes she can be back for the NCAA's. I wish her well in this personal battle.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
NoCar will be the most talented team to NEVER make the Final4! Bet the ranch on that! When the Head Coach in an interview says "she doesn't care how many turnovers her team, 30 or 40, has just as long as they play fast!" You got to wonder what glue she's sniffing! NoCar is too undisciplined to go all the way! The only reason Sylvia Hatchell has a NC is because S. Crawley hit a 3 vs GA with 1 second on the clock! S. Hatchell didn't coach her way there! The NoCar/Duke game was a perfect example of that! +14 in a row/-16 in a row proves that!

Did you watch the game last night against Duke? First of all, Hatchell is not coaching this year. Second, this team is playing great defense and they did not appear undisciplined at all. That freshman class is all that they were advertised as.

I would NOT want to meet them in the tourney. That is a dangerous team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom