Six in a row - Official UCONN vs Syracuse prediction thread.... | The Boneyard

Six in a row - Official UCONN vs Syracuse prediction thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah, we're down in the mouth. But we take our sixth in a row from the Orange.

24 - 21 dogs

Chad bangs one through late for the win.

Reaction Score
What's our all time record?

Seriously, we may not play these guys ever again. We would probably have to link up with them in a bowl game. What are the odds of Cuse and UConn making a bowl game in the same season?

We need to win this one. Bragging rights could last a loooooooong time.

Reaction Score
We need to win this one. Bragging rights could last a loooooooong time.
...and a few people keep wondering why I keep bringing up history.

All-time record is either 5-2 or 6-2 in our favor. But we are 5-7 against Temple. And something like 1-7 against WVU.

Reaction Score
I think we are 1-3 against Lewis Mills and Pomfret.
I am pretty sure we never played "Lewis Mills". Or Promfret. Wherever the heck that is. If it makes you happy, we started playing only colleges in 1915.

Reaction Score
No matter how bad things get, I still can't pick UConn to lose.

Arctic Dogs 13
Citrus Fruit 10

Make no mistake, it'll be another fugly one. Viewers tuning in to watch this will require a special head apparatus:

8780.clockworkOrange.jpg

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
24-21 Huskies!

I'm with Dogs. Plus, it is going to be poetic justice that the difference in this game will be a 45 yarder from Chad Christen with less than a minute to go to crush some orange hearts. Sweet...sweet, sweet orange juice...

Reaction Score
Cuse 21
Uconn 20

More late game blunders from PP in a close game.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Cuse 27, UConn 10. I wish I saw a way out of this death spiral.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Our offense is so bad I have no confidence we score any touchdowns. I'd say Syracuse 17, UCONN 13. We get our one TD on a turnover returned for 6 points. Then again, I have no confidence our kicker can get even an extra point. No idea what to expect at this point...

Reaction Score
I say Syracuse 20, Uconn 13

Reasons:
  • Syracuse losses came to really good teams (N. Western, USC, Minnesota, Rutgers) and put up some good number's
  • We're a great run defending team, but the passing defense can be suspect at times (W. Michigan, Buffalo) Mac teams lighting it up on us in passing yards!
  • Syracuse are a really good passing team, better than W. Michigan and Buffalo!
  • Syracuse playing at home!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I predict an awfully coached, sloppy game. I doubt we win.

This is what it's come to. Thanks P.

Reaction Score
Cuse 24
UCONN 17

P tries to rekindle his magic and does under the Dome........We lose !!
P is now another step closer to the exit(I hope).

Reaction Score
I say Syracuse 20, Uconn 13

Reasons:
  • Syracuse losses came to really good teams (N. Western, USC, Minnesota, Rutgers) and put up some good number's
  • We're a great run defending team, but the passing defense can be suspect at times (W. Michigan, Buffalo) Mac teams lighting it up on us in passing yards!
  • Syracuse are a really good passing team, better than W. Michigan and Buffalo!
  • Syracuse playing at home!

How are we a Great run Defending team??? TU had 200 yards on us.. and Rutgers put up some great Rushing numbers too?? I dont see us winning to many more games this year Unfortuantly...

Reaction Score
How are we a Great run Defending team??? TU had 200 yards on us.. and Rutgers put up some great Rushing numbers too?? I dont see us winning to many more games this year Unfortuantly...

I respect that (CtThunder10) I feel we won't win another game as well I hear you on that! But for the most part our run D is better than most teams in the country!

Reaction Score
I respect that (CtThunder10) I feel we won't win another game as well I hear you on that! But for the most part our run D is better than most teams in the country!
This is true, and I agree.. it def hurt that we had 2 studs on the D line get hurt for the season... I love these dogs and always wish for the Best, but this season is already a waste, is it bad for me to hope he lose the rest of our games, so P and D get Fired?? im think longterm.. this is a wasted season... To bad our D will be Bad next year, while the O will be better...

Reaction Score
Syracuse has a number of losses.......but has, for the most part, played decently in those losses against some substantial competition.

Mean while, UConn struggles against WMU, Buffalo, and Temple.

We're an average MAC team in disguised as a BCS program!

Thank good we were able to dominate a team 1 year removed from 1-aa/FCS!!

Syracuse.......28
UConn ..........3

Reaction Score

If you mean we're in the top 60 against the run I'd agree. Top 10 is a joke.

Reaction Score
Going along with the spirit of the fanbase, I'll just say we're a low end MAC team who's best victory in it's history was against the Hartford YMCA in 1972 and Syracuse is going to smush us since we have less season ticket holders.

77-0, Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Top 60?? come on Jimmy! top 20 at least this defense is pretty good

Sorry, but top 20 defenses don't get carved up by Temple on the ground.

We have a good to very good defense. In the SEC we'd be in the second half of league defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom