SI: UConn biggest loser in realignment; next in line for ACC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SI: UConn biggest loser in realignment; next in line for ACC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
D'Oh? Then how do you explain Louisville?

Like it or not Louisville is a great pick up for ACC, record aside, academics leave a lot to be desired but they weren't selected over us for one season of success, Louisville is on an upward trend both athletically and academically, the ACC saw that and grabbed them. If
On field performance matters why did the B1G grab Rutgers and Maryland?

Reaction Score
Like it or not Louisville is a great pick up for ACC, record aside, academics leave a lot to be desired but they weren't selected over us for one season of success, Louisville is on an upward trend both athletically and academically, the ACC saw that and grabbed them. If
On field performance matters why did the B1G grab Rutgers and Maryland?

Differrent things matter to different people. Guess what? UConn was the preference before Louisville's good football season. Why?

Reaction Score
Differrent things matter to different people. Guess what? UConn was the preference before Louisville's good football season. Why?
The preference for who? The ACC? The B1G? If they were the preference, they would have been invited. BC by themselves in a 12 (or 14 if Pitt and Cuse could vote) conference could not have blocked Uconn. There needed to be at least 4 other no votes for Uconn. So why was Lville the preference? I would point to a number of factors including better TV ratings over a longer history of FB that included multiple BCS games. Maybe their bigger stadium that sells out, their bowl game ticket sales, their dedicated 20,000 seat BB arena. Local and state government support. National politicians that actually care about them. Oh yeah, and their better TV ratings in both FB and BB. But TV ratings, APR, 8% graduation rate and all those other trivial things don't and will never matter to you. Unfortunately, they appear to matter to decision makers. If they didn't, Uconn and AAC would not be together. That is the only fact that is apparent to me in all of this.

Reaction Score
The preference for who? The ACC? The B1G? If they were the preference, they would have been invited. BC by themselves in a 12 (or 14 if Pitt and Cuse could vote) conference could not have blocked Uconn. There needed to be at least 4 other no votes for Uconn. So why was Lville the preference? I would point to a number of factors including better TV ratings over a longer history of FB that included multiple BCS games. Maybe their bigger stadium that sells out, their bowl game ticket sales, their dedicated 20,000 seat BB arena. Local and state government support. National politicians that actually care about them. Oh yeah, and their better TV ratings in both FB and BB. But TV ratings, APR, 8% graduation rate and all those other trivial things don't and will never matter to you. Unfortunately, they appear to matter to decision makers. If they didn't, Uconn and AAC would not be together. That is the only fact that is apparent to me in all of this.

I'm talking about 2011. not 2012.

Reaction Score
We might need a national title this year so that those in the acc can overlook the football teams inevitable 0-11 record
0-12. You're in Oklahoma and forgot they play 12 football games in a season? It's possible we can win a game or more this season. Should have beaten USF at home, at least.

Reaction Score
He was using hyperbole. What's is wrong with you trolls.
If you can't handle a modicum of negativity regarding your school than you don't belong here.
Where we have a good reasons to despise your school.
Is the negativity of your own board two much for you?

No troll here........a registered member like everyone else here. Always been supportive of U Conn's inclusion into a p5 conference and I don't knock other programs when I give my opinion or try to make a point, other members here will attest to that. Also my comment was not directed towards you so what makes you feel you need to respond? Says to me your just interested in arguing. I speak for myself not the entire fan base. Hyperbole, ribbing, whatever.. it works both ways, nothing wrong with a little harmless poke back.

Reaction Score
No troll here........a registered member like everyone else here. Always been supportive of U Conn's inclusion into a p5 conference and I don't knock other programs when I give my opinion or try to make a point, other members here will attest to that. Also my comment was not directed towards you so what makes you feel you need to respond? Says to me your just interested in arguing. I speak for myself not the entire fan base. Hyperbole, ribbing, whatever.. it works both ways, nothing wrong with a little harmless poke back.
Sorry if I missed construed your reply.
I was just showing my concern for the state of your health.
As frequenting the board of another team always struck me as masochistic behavior. Hell frequently your own board can be masochistic.
Guilty as charged on your accuasation of my motives.
If I had no interest in the dialectic,why would I bother being here.
I would just go work in my garden.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If that ever happens, I wonder what would happen to all the Yarders who now despise the ACC?
We despise them... gratefully.

CL82

Reaction Score
3-4 is winless ? must have failed math
Really? You are bragging about that record?

mattfail.gif

Reaction Score
0-12. You're in Oklahoma and forgot they play 12 football games in a season? It's possible we can win a game or more this season. Should have beaten USF at home, at least.
Born and raised in ct..i dont follow football..i went to uconns schedule and thought i had counted 11 games.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There's no real point in even having the debate - the ACC doesn't have "one open spot".

They're not going to unbalance their football conference to get to 16 in hoop. Notre Dame's partial membership all but nails that door shut right now.

Reaction Score
Sorry if I missed construed your reply.
I was just showing my concern for the state of your health.
As frequenting the board of another team always struck me as masochistic behavior. Hell frequently your own board can be masochistic.
Guilty as charged on your accuasation of my motives.
If I had no interest in the dialectic,why would I bother being here.
I would just go work in my garden.

I enjoy exchanging opinions based on fact, hashing over topics within the context of mutual respect. I have met some nice people here and will not engage in smacking another school, either for the hell of it, or to make a point. Just the facts and healthy debate on topics we all enjoy related to College sports and all that goes with it.

Reaction Score
Well to put in another way.. it has been three seasons of very mediocre football.

Yeah...Thanks to the wonderful football experience, the basketball has to suffer in the afterbirth league. UCONN basketball does not deserve the snub because of the pathetic football team. they have excelled in every aspect and should be considered when getting an invite, but no, football takes precedence. Meh. the Apathetic Afterbirth Conference.

Reaction Score

^THIS^

Our poor football performance has just been a scapegoat for our current conference affiliation. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but outside of our fan base UConn is not viewed positively on a national level, and for a number of different reasons. Right or wrong there is a nasty perception associated with our university.

Reaction Score
^THIS^

Our poor football performance has just been a scapegoat for our current conference affiliation. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but outside of our fan base UConn is not viewed positively on a national level, and for a number of different reasons. Right or wrong there is a nasty perception associated with our university.

Which if his many points do you agree with? I mean, you guys list things like APR, without even realizing that Louisville football fell below the APR and was dinged for scholarships.

CL82

Reaction Score
UMMMMM half sentence reply.......Guess I should tone it down. Thanks for your concern though.
Yep.

Reaction Score
http://college-basketball.si.com/2013/10/29/winners-and-losers-conference-realignment/

Ton of respect for the Huskies in this analysis. They point out the sad fact: as a three time National Champion, we were the biggest losers in realignment.

But, alas, hope. They write, "The ACC still has room for one more school and it is only logical that Connecticut would get that invitation if one is forthcoming."

Now we just have to kick some ass this year so we remain the most appealing team for the next round of realignment.
LET'S DO IT!!!

Reaction Score
^THIS^

I live outside of CT. I talk a lot about uconn, because I'm a die hard Husky fan. It's a problem. Anyhow, I digress. I've never heard anyone share a nasty perception about Uconn. More negativity here than nationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom